Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My god this is boring. Just break one way or the other.

Ever heard the saying "careful what you wish for?"

sc.TSLA.10-DayChart.2021-04-05.12-40.png

Successfully killed off volume, now wedgies be like hmmm...

• Informative
Reactions: M|S|M MYP
Thanks for this. Seems even handed, informed and credible.

Thinking about the data value. I think there are diminishing returns at some point. All other manufacturers are 3 orders of magnitude away from diminishing returns.

In other words, in 15 years, Gary's view that everyone will have FSD will be true. I think we differ on the timeline.

i Am having trouble buying at these prices. I don’t like to increase my average purchase price. Most I paid was about $356 at a dip back in October.
That was my mentality last year when stock price was between 500 to 1400 (pre split) when my purchase prices were between 190 and 300. That attitude changed when I started buying again at 1450. Turns out I realized it's never too late to keep buying at the dip.

I have zero interest in selling my 4/9 Call's at any price under 700 so I'll just sit and wait to see what happens tomorrow and/or Wed. I may end up getting screwed if they actually manage to pin this to 700 for the entire week but oh well, this was just short term lotto money anyways.

You're going to need a huge move from here to counteract the steep theta decay in the final days. Today might have been your best bet. (not advice)

Austin is expected to have 6 of the 6100 gigapresses. I expect the current 3 foundations will be mirrored in the wide column zone to the east that hasn't had concrete or bridge cranes installed yet.

That seems very likely - the part of the building you describe have pillars suitable for a bridge crane over an area identical to the existing one, see below photo. With the speed of construction I agree that it seems quite possible that Austin will get and install 6 gigapresses this year. For this year, this would leave 3 for Berlin which would then have foundations ready for 5 more giga presses - unless Idra manages to ramp deliveries beyond the stated 9...

Counting these extra 3 gigapresses at Austin means that Tesla has installed or planned to install 19 gigapresses at four locations (counting only a single phase of GigaShanghai).

Tell me why I shoudnt take the $350K in SPY in our IRA's and sell to buy more TSLA? SPY is currently about 30% of our holdings. This would make TSLA our top holding.
It's all about your risk tolerance. SPY is more or less a guaranteed 8% on average return. TSLA could be -50% (very unlikely of course) or +100% (or more). For a while I looked at my index funds in my 401k as my boring "don't eat cat food in retirement" money. Now I wish I could access it and put it to better use. Of course this is in hard core financial advice so consult with your financial advisor etc. ;)

I have no doubt that the MM's are milking this for their needs, but generally speaking, $TSLA is following the a similar pattern to similar stocks:
It's all about your risk tolerance. SPY is more or less a guaranteed 8% on average return. TSLA could be -50% (very unlikely of course) or +100% (or more). For a while I looked at my index funds in my 401k as my boring "don't eat cat food in retirement" money. Now I wish I could access it and put it to better use. Of course this is in hard core financial advice so consult with your financial advisor etc. ;)
Too late, he yolo'd the lot 🤪

Attachments

• 1617638259056.png
    1617638259056.png
    679.8 KB · Views: 44
Oh, yes, he means to emphasize that Tesla is being destroyed by the competition there. Take for example Timbuktu with ZERO Tesla sales.
It is clear they have enormous demand problems.
I hope nobody tells him that Norway is almost six days into the month and has ZERO Tesla sales. He might get a heart attack learning that.

Not unless they are FORCED to cover by anti-counterfeiting tactics like stock dividends, or by cumulative selling to a direct stock holder (not the "beneficial shareholders" who are the retail customers of large brokerages).

Exactly. Plenty of things could force or semi-force folks like Citadel to unwind their naked short positions, not the least likely would be another split. Hell, we're well above the $ amount where the last split was deemed logical and looking to move steadily higher this summer. A split within 9-18 months feels pretty certain from my perspective.

I'm sure these MM's understand the likelihood of such events and are putting that into their gameplans. This past month was a perfectly logical time to dump a LOT of "resources" into shorting TSLA, today is an even better day to do so and try to limit damage. But at some point they're going to be waaaaaay out of their comfort zone and will cover to bring their positions back to more stable ground. Especially in the post-Melvin post-Hwang environment with looming scrutiny and regulation.

I would imagine we're a good bit beyond uncomfortable right now and the dam is about to break. The math for MM's and hedgies still works since keeping these $700c's OTM is so wildly profitable, but another few % rise tomorrow at the open crushes that dream and they'll need to fall back to......somewhere? My guess is they'll be praying to hold $800 by the time May approaches and we're talking about clearing out June calls(high volume LEAPs).

We shall see. Let's just make sure we enjoy watching those guys sweat, no need for any HODLers to do anything but sip iced tea after a quarter like that.