Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
it's only happened after every major event for the last year. who could have seen that coming?
I understood a little the last month plus. Was some news events that lead me to believe that the quarter would be the sort of meh 1st quarter. Now I only bought during the quarter, but we had some short term negative events. Now after the numbers came out it was those events didnt matter and the rest of the year is going to be stellar unless something crazy happens.

• Funny
Reactions: Artful Dodger
So the Bolt is the epitome of BEV technology. Got it. Or is it the "coming soon" Hummer EV which will be selling millions a year?
If GM sells even 50K of those E-Hummers I'll be shocked. From the web: "Hummer sales had its peak in 2006 when it sold 71,524 units. Ever since General Motors took over the brand from AM General, Hummer sales had a steady increase of sales from 1999 to 2006. But things suddenly went downhill after 2006 as the brand saw a serious decline on their sales. As a result of the financial crisis in 2008, the Hummer sales dropped to 9046 units sold in 2009 and 3812 in 2010."

And that's the model that sold for around $35k!

Not really surprised at the MM's doing their thing.

I am however very surprised at the volume or lack thereof. 40 million shares traded after that type of P/D report is quite surprising. Maybe we'll get a repeat of the Q4 P/D release where the stock response (and volume) were rather muted only to break out later in the week.
I think the poor volume issue is that all the HODLers have emptied the couches during the past few sales weeks, so unless we get a whale purchasing it's just going to be bot trading and short selling. We need a stock dividend to vacuum up the virtual shares.

what are they looking at?
"They" are looking at a unstoppable freight train running right over their shinny penny's.
So they are screaming and dancing around trying to stave off the inevitable.

As much as I want the SP to rise I admit that a small bit of me enjoys the stupid antics of the current powers that be.

It's like this :

Wow, that's just mind-blowingly insane.

"Tesla crushed our 1Q estimates, so obviously they'll do worse in the remaining quarters because our year-end estimates are obviously still correct."

What a wonderful representation of Wall-Street-think. Though I must admit, it does remind me of the circular gibberish I was sometimes forced to sell corporate execs back in my consulting days.

A lot of the analysis seems to be working backward from the intended result.