Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
it's typically taken a week or two for the market to get out of denial mode after blowout quarterly numbers. the pattern's been the same every time for the last year or so -- big runup in the after-hours immediately following the report (which we didn't get this time due to Easter break), followed by an almost total walkdown over the next day, followed by a week or two of malaise, followed eventually by a strong linear runup as the obvious becomes increasingly difficult to deny.
I used to preach this kind of patience, cause it's been a lot longer than a year. Guess I'm just having my thinking skewed by options ownership. Will mediate and regroup. Then buy more calls I guess.

This R0th Capit0l "upgrade" to $150 is the #1 trending article on the CNBC app. Jpm did the same thing yesterday with an "upgrade" to $175 or something ridiculous.

How do people not understand what's happening here? It just so happens that these two want to tweak their valuations right as markets open after blowout good news?

I sound like a noob. If I had no cash I could complain, but I do :). May 21 $750c it is.

Reactions: lafrisbee
Whelp, I--a person lately nearly entirely in 'hold' mode, who periodically sells way OTM calls against a portion of my holdings but never buys calls anymore--bought a 4/30 call.

This reaction to the #s is absurd.

Of course, having bought this call, I have now guaranteed that the reaction will remain muted until at least 5/1.

I can't help but wonder if Jerome's move to Semi and the S/X production issues are related. I know that's practically heretical to say on this forum.

This is really an interesting angle to think about. I too have been wondering at how long it has taken to upgrade the lines. I thought 2-3 weeks was going to be it. We're into month 4 now. What could possibly take that long to get right unless someone really screwed up?

I am remembering back to 2018 during the M3 ramp and similar type issues were happening where it took FOREVER to ramp the M3. That issue had a lot to do with sub-contractors.

Benzinga - 12 minutes ago: Tesla Dominates Italian EV Market

Excerpt:

The month of March smiled upon Tesla Inc. (NASDAQ: TSLA), which — thanks to its Model 3 — conquered the title of the best-selling electric car in Italy. According to the data collected by the Italian National Union for Foreign Vehicles (UNRAE) on car registrations, 1,363 Model 3s were sold in Italy last month. This figure allows Tesla Model 3 to overtake other electric cars, such as Fiat 500 (1,056 units), Smart Fortwo (759 units), as well as Renault Twingo and Zoe (respectively at 738 and 721 units).

Well, I think this is already done digitally by Tesla's Stock Transfer Agent (Computershare Trust Company of Canton, MA). Without knowing the details, I think NFTs could be implemented as another layer of holdings/distribution accounting at that level.

The implemention would need brokers to provide retail investors with an independant means to verify that they actually hold the shares, marked uniquely with them as "beneficial owner". No cheating allowed.

That is the principle that was violated back in early Sep 2020, when numerous retail brokers could not provide the dividend shares to their customers (most likely because they in fact held phantom shares created thru a tangle of naked shorts, FTDs, false locate, and perpetual rolling). But when the Stock Transfer Agent delivered only the portion of new shares they we due, those cheating brokers were caught out. It took days for some retail investors to get their rightfully owned shares, and that only because Tesla 'rescued' those brokers with a $5B Cap raise (thereby making more shares available for brokers to purchase).

The result was TSLA was up over 80% from Aug 11 to Sep 01, and all the while CNBS was telling retail that "stock splits don't affect the stock". That might be narrowly true (in Court), but the share dividend definately affected the brokers!

3rd party audits should be supported with anonymous total holdings made publicly viewable to make fraud obvious when the numbers don't match up.. I'm sure somebody is working on this use for block chain. It would be like 'gentrifying Mordor'; Wall St. will be pissed. :p

Cheers!
They will be SOL. Disintermediated. I think it will be hard, if not impossible, to keep themselves relevant. Oh well!

• Informative
Reactions: gabeincal
This is really an interesting angle to think about. I too have been wondering at how long it has taken to upgrade the lines. I thought 2-3 weeks was going to be it. We're into month 4 now. What could possibly take that long to get right unless someone really screwed up?
I'm convinced it's a steering wheel issue. There has been only a few cars seen with a yoke steering wheel in the wild. Remember, all the cars were sold as having a yoke steering wheel. That means they can't just ship regular steering wheels for awhile. That would need for every buyer to agree to that change.

Could be a production or regulatory problem. At this point I'm guessing Elon would have had a fit on twitter if it was regulatory though.

I am remembering back to 2018 during the M3 ramp and similar type issues were happening where it took FOREVER to ramp the M3. That issue had a lot to do with sub-contractors.
The difference now is that it doesn’t actually matter if someone really screwed up. 3 and Y can carry the company forward along with Berlin, Austin, semi, CYBRTRCK etc...

If we never see another S or X produced, it’ll be just fine.

Point being; thinking on/fretting about/pick verb of choice isn’t worth the time or energy. It’s company-wise irrelevant.

I can't help but wonder if Jerome's move to Semi and the S/X production issues are related. I know that's practically heretical to say on this forum.

While I have seen no sources in support of it TSLA bulls on Twitter are content to believe that the sighted, refreshed Model S clearly produced this quarter are all missing some easily added component. This would explain why Q1 formally saw no Model S production in spite of Model S being factory gated and would also imply that Model S production actually is ongoing.

Wall Street in cooperation with NASDAQ presents you the Sequel to the Epic Saga!
700_sequel.png

(please excuse my poor image editing skills)

Last edited:
“Given significant architectural changes, including fundamental improvements to pure vision, there is limited value to testing 8.x. Hoping to upload V9.0 & button next month.”

-Elon Musk Circa March 20th 2021.
17 Days Ago
24 Days Left in the month
Lol. Market: "When will you ship FSD?" Elon: "When it is finished".

1yu9m1.jpg

Don't worry. A civilization-changing work of art will be well worth the wait.

Cheers!