Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Damn Curt,

Thanks for reminding me. I’m overdue for a colonoscopy myself; and I’m not looking forward to it. Concerning these matters, I’ve been following Graill’s Galleri™, a blood test for the early detection of more than fifty types of cancer. The test has recently completed clinical trials and is purported to be ready in the second quarter of this year.

Grail was to IPO some weeks back, but was purchased by Ilumina for 7.1 billion dollars.

I’m considering taking a position in Ilumina.
FTC is currently blocking the acquisition but Illumina is fighting. This is playing out similar to Illumina’s attempted acquisition of Pacific Biosciences.

• Informative
Reactions: wtlloyd
Youz guyz are just SO late. Pfft!
OK, hold on here. He didn't say "going to the moon", he said "going to moon". But he didn't say who he was going to moon. I'm confused. :rolleyes:

Surely Elon wouldn't moon us. So he must be planning to moon them. Right?

Haha Bitcoin bulls think that Elon was tweeting about Bitcoin going to moon very soon. I would be happy if they both moon very soon.

Also he said going to Moon very soon not going to the Moon very soon. Elon doesn’t usually have bad grammar does he?

Elon's stating he's going "to moon", there's no "the" in the text. I guess you all know what that implies 😬

Had to LOL at this:

FD4973EF-F89D-4413-85EF-8748B3D56D07.jpeg
0E3B4ED4-FB59-486B-AD76-E989BFBDEA69.jpeg

SMR must be happy...

Well NASA is planning to build a moon base this decade. SpaceX might be helping them with that, thus planning some moon missions soon?

The SpaceX / plausible deniability explanation is DearMoon (trip to moon on a Starship in 2023). Given that I loaded up on June OTM calls this week, I'm hoping it's a reference to TSLA. :cool:

Re: the moon tweet, I really doubt it's referring to SpaceX. Starship might - *might* - go to the moon late next year, but a lot of stuff have to go right before then, including heat shields and orbital refueling, both untested so far. So I think even if you have a very variable definition of soon, it can't be Starship. Then in October this year, there's an F9 launch where the payload (Nova C, not a SpaceX project) goes to the moon. But again, I seriously doubt that's the reason for this tweet.

I am so ready for a TSLA rocket to the moon, it's about time.

Looking over the European registration numbers (thanks Rob Stark) and it seems like the Y isn’t really being sent yet. Anyone have insight when to expect volume deliveries there?
Per Elon the Brandenburg factory will be ready to start production in July, and ramping the initial production lines to full volume might take 12 - 24 months. But there is an issue with government approval to begin production. No plan to send Y's from Fremont.

Reactions: JusRelax
We don't know why for sure, but Tesla does not, and has never, offered a unlock of the SR- to SR or SR+. Rumor is that it was part of an agreement with the Canadian Government to allow the SR- to qualify for the credit, which allows the SR+ to also qualify for the credit.

In the US they offer an unlock from SR to SR+. So it makes sense that they would offer the unlock for the SR- if they could. (People have already said that they would pay to unlock it if they could, but Tesla refuses.)

When Tesla buys back one of their cars the software locked battery comes in handy - because depending on demand, they can then decide whether to unlock the feature prior to selling the car again. So making a severe range restriction via a software lock can work for them in this manner.

AND, as a human driver I was taught to off-center my car to the car in front of me so I can see a brake light of the car in front of my car, and to base my decisions more off of the situation in front of the car in front of me than the brake lights of the car in front of me. I have also learned through my life to gauge the driving style off the condition of the car and driver in front of me before I can witness their style. Such as proper running condition of the vehicle and if it has a "Hillary is my co-pilot" Bumper sticker. My truck has a "My Dog is Smarter Than your Honor Student" bumper sticker, make of that what you will.
I wonder how much FSD already does as to positioning the vehicle to optimize the sensors. I am sure it does to some extent. But does FSD read bumper stickers? Or recognize to give a car some additional space when they throw a beer can out from the driver's side?

That's the great thing about the combination of Tesla's collection of driving data, dojo and the 'learning campaigns' that they have mentioned. Tesla can simply create a prioritized list of driving skills/techniques that FSD should have and start working through the list. Eventually, it will get to all kinds of various, useful tricks that in increasingly rarer situations will reduce the risk of a collision. Another example: When in dense (LHD) traffic the sun is coming in low from the right, one can see a few cars ahead by looking at their shade on the road.

In principle, the FSD will be the superset of _all_ the skills of _all_ Tesla drivers - incl. any bad driving habits, which the FSD can _also_ be taught to expect from other, human drivers.
With its effectively zero reaction time, it will really appear to be super-human...

LOL My first thought was SpaceX for sure but on 2nd thought, I'm not so sure.

Does literally going to the Moon make any business sense? I can think of lots of possibilities but I doubt any of them really make sense for where humanity is right now. Maybe he does mean TSLA.
SpaceX got the contract to resupply NASA's “Gateway” space station in lunar orbit via Falcon Heavy.

Looking over the European registration numbers (thanks Rob Stark) and it seems like the Y isn’t really being sent yet. Anyone have insight when to expect volume deliveries there?
Model Y for Europe will be delivered from Giga Berlin that plans production start in July/August

There are 2-4 imported US Model Ys here but that's it