Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is my High Frequency Trading Chart. Notice the nice harmonics in green off the fundamental (using my new Spectrum Analyzer).

I do think we'll be in the TeraHz fairly soon, especially after tuning into 700 GHz for so long. And 700... so outdated, slow, and ya can't sell the technology, you'd be giving it away.

So these are collectibles now. I don't know how many are available, but going fast I think.
1618240816192.png

Volume dries up and the walkdown is on. I'd be curious if the macro's actually recovered.......would TSLA actually break through or would it become glaringly obvious MM's are targeting the 700 Calls for Friday.
Seriously we need more put buyers. These massive call walls without the put Buyers to match is the result of these walk downs.

Surprised the select version is already out. There's one for sale near me in FL. 44k for 230 miles of range and outright dangerous "Co-pilot 360". Can't handle simple curves. Also where are the freaken warnings if it can't handle it? This is an accident waiting to happen.

To be fair- that isn't demoing their "autonomy" software.

It's demoing a lane assist/speed feature you wouldn't really expect to work well there.

Their actual AP-comparable product (that'll include hands off driving) is coming out later this year.

This article, covering the same video you link to, mentions these differences in some more detail.

I fully expect that product will suck compared to current FSD, but like Supercruise will likely be pretty decent when compared to say 2014 AP1.

To be fair- that isn't demoing their "autonomy" software.

It's demoing a lane assist/speed feature you wouldn't really expect to work well there.

Their actual AP-comparable product (that'll include hands off driving) is coming out later this year.

This article, covering the same video you link to, mentions these differences in some more detail.

I fully expect that product will suck compared to current FSD, but like Supercruise will likely be pretty decent when compared to say 2014 AP1.
People give Tesla for putting their drivers at risk but this system is allowing the user to enable without any warning features. I'm sure it'll able to handle these curves eventually but their software team is acting irresponsible here.

Agreed, but I'm still allowed to aspire to own a Roadster or at least a Plaid+ right? ;) Tesla is almost entirely responsible for the EV movement so even if I start seeing comparable EVs on the road anytime in the near future (doubtful) my loyalty is very well secured. I assume most Tesla owners will fall into that category, but as you mentioned there are definitely those who just care about the new shiny.

I have a conflicted view of the Roadster II. On one hand, I've always appreciated outstanding performance, mostly in the motorcycle world, because being smaller and lighter motorcycles require less resources and are closer to the human experience. But I've also appreciated small, light sportscars, Formula 1, etc. not so much muscle cars (because they are not ultimate performance machines). It's always been about pushing the technology to be faster and more agile. To me, that has value and the Roadster has that. I don't need one, no one does really, but I'm glad it exists. You do what you want, just do it for the right reasons. I won't look down on you if your primary interest is the technology and capabilities. If you buy it to impress others and think it puts you on a pedestal then I'll just look away in shame.

People give Tesla for putting their drivers at risk but this system is allowing the user to enable without any warning features. I'm sure it'll able to handle these curves eventually but their software team is acting irresponsible here.

You're not understanding.

The system he is demoing is not supposed to work there

You know the lane keeping assist Tesla has? NOT autopilot?

THAT is the equivalent of what is being used in that video.

The system isn't made to compete with Tesla's Autopilot

and

Later this year, Ford will release Active Drive Assist on the Mach-E and other models. This system features hands-free driving and should be able to handle the easy curves the current system couldn't in the video

You're not understanding.

The system he is demoing is not supposed to work there

You know the lane keeping assist Tesla has? NOT autopilot?

THAT is the equivalent of what is being used in that video.

and

The lane departure assist that's in a Tesla (not Autopilot) only grabs control briefly when you start crossing a lane line. Copilot 360 is somewhere in between lane departure assist and basic Autopilot. If the system isn't capable of handling situations like corners that exceed a certain steering angle, it needs to do a better job of informing the driver before it gives up. A single chime and immediate disengagement in the apex of a corner is unacceptable.

Ford's Copilot 360 isn't the only system that behaves this way. I believe Bjorn Nyland has demonstrated similar behavior in Hyundai, Kia and the I-Pace.

Not directly TSLA related but just shows the huge market autonomy is tapping into. Supports my (and others') robot food delivery thesis. Even without the curb to door connection, it would also be very useful for Amazon type deliveries in areas where package theft is a crime, or for high value deliveries.

Back of the napkin destruction of Uber eats/Doordash below.
RT deliveries.JPG

Surprised the select version is already out. There's one for sale near me in FL. 44k for 230 miles of range and outright dangerous "Co-pilot 360". Can't handle simple curves. Also where are the freaken warnings if it can't handle it? This is an accident waiting to happen.

Looks like weather causes a possibly dangerous issue as well. At 21 minute into this video:

To me, the best sign of how 2022 will turn out for Tesla rests on 4680 battery development and whether they can start to scale that some time this year. If they do, which I anticipate, then next year will be insane because they can finally unclog the pipes that are holding back storage and semi, as well as building more cars.
Agree with you completely.

Berlin and Austin will grow into King Kong and Godzilla in 2022 and 2023. (As in nuclear Godzilla at the end of King of Monsters).

The Mach-E might be the best selling EV this year guys. LOLOLOL
o the Mustang Mach-E could very well be the top-selling electric vehicle in America by later this year.

I will be shocked if it winds up even being #4, after 3, Y, Cybertruck, and maybe S. That doesn't even have anything to do with the quality or not of the MachE, it's just basic production ability. Not to mention Ford will definitely push a lot of what they do make to Europe for credits.
Anybody seen preliminary profit estimates for Ford with the Mach-E? I’d be very surprised if their first EV Is profitable at all, especially when just buying batteries....

In the end, as always it will boil down to batteries. All the other OEMs will need to get their batteries from somewhere. If you're not scaling up your battery sources as quickly as Tesla, that will catch up to you a year or two down the road.
Even if they can catch up WRT supply, they’ll likely be far off with margins...

The lane departure assist that's in a Tesla (not Autopilot) only grabs control briefly when you start crossing a lane line. Copilot 360 is somewhere in between lane departure assist and basic Autopilot. If the system isn't capable of handling situations like corners that exceed a certain steering angle, it needs to do a better job of informing the driver before it gives up. A single chime and immediate disengagement in the apex of a corner is unacceptable.

Ford's Copilot 360 isn't the only system that behaves this way. I believe Bjorn Nyland has demonstrated similar behavior in Hyundai, Kia and the I-Pace.
We need to get some basic facts on this story....I cherish the fact that I can come to TMC to get away from FUD!