Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good luck -- but just a heads-up that multiple sources have recently reported it is taking a few weeks to get an account set up at Binance, and it may take additional time if you need to transfer in cash v. other crypto.

I'm most of the way through the process, I think. If verification takes too long then there is an easy workaround which I'm also doing. Just buy crypto (USDC, BTC etc.) on coinbase or other platforms, and then send those coins to Binance. This lets you hold money on Binance without verification. Edit. I'm not 100% this is working. I was able to transfer USDC into binance, but its' not clear how I can convert to other tokens. I was able to use this method just fine with other exchanges. Hmm.

This tokenization of stocks is bigger than most suspect. Awesome to see Tesla as the first. This allows anyone in the world to buy TSLA, regardless of their local stock market access.

Last edited:
Moderator Note:

The Wicca, assembled, have removed the wicked “Wiki Thread” designation.

Quite a sticky wicket, that.

Thank you for your forbearance.

PS: Did I ever relate how I was, if not instrumental at least quite influential, in getting one of the early Superchargers in Wickenburg? True story!
🎃
You've been burning the wick at both ends of the candle, haven't you?

The rise of the Main Street investor is in part the rise of the “superconsumer investor”—investors that focus on investing in companies they know well, love dearly, and intimately understand because they are superconsumers of that category and company.

But as superconsumers today are more able to connect in digital communities, they share information and learn at exponentially greater rates thanks to social media platforms like Twitter and YouTube—or, most recently, the r/wallstreetbets subreddit.

😛TMC. Still flying under the radar 😛

No

The rise of the Main Street investor is in part the rise of the “superconsumer investor”—investors that focus on investing in companies they know well, love dearly, and intimately understand because they are superconsumers of that category and company.

But as superconsumers today are more able to connect in digital communities, they share information and learn at exponentially greater rates thanks to social media platforms like Twitter and YouTube—or, most recently, the r/wallstreetbets subreddit.

😛TMC. Still flying under the radar 😛

"These superconsumer investors are not investing experts. They are category experts. '

CoinBase IPO (tomorrow) taking BTC to new highs -- 63K, so Tesla BTC investment on track to double.
Should - Master of Coin take some chips off the table? ( I would, but Tesla has said they will not be converting BTC to cash)

Last edited:
The toll roads in France are my favourite in Europe, they are easily the best maintained, although he 130kmph speed limit is a bit sluggish, the péage stops can be congested, but if you have a transponder (I do), it goes quite quickly

Roads in Belgium are dreadful, bad surface and many pot-holes, really notice the difference when you cross the border returning from any other country

UK - struggle to hit the speed limit due to all the traffic

Germany varies a lot - many of the autobahns have only two lanes, which makes the unlimited speed a bit hairy at times. The stretch from Hamburg to Flensburg has been under construction for about 15 years now, but once you clear the road-works it's a wheeze, you can sit >200kmph all the way - beware the stretches around cities where there is a 120 limit, and 80/60 inroad works, there are always cameras, but the fines are quite cheap

Denmark roads are very decent, 130kmph now (recently increased), lots of police so people don't tend to speed - the small roads in the sticks are better than the Belgian motorways..

Italy = survival of the maddest...

Luxembourg has a lovely motorway, it's basically just the one, but nice

Suisse - well maintained, but strict speed limit and many police

Holland, generally good quality, but often only two lanes and the trucks like to overtake each other with 0.25kmph speed differential, many speed cameras

On-Topic: lovely walk-down by the manips when $TSLA got a bit too hot in the 712's... We need volume to push this baby up... let's see what happens when main-pre-market opens 13CET...
I am a HODLER only, but it looks to me like we now have conditions for a Gamma squeeze. Anyone?

View attachment 653416

Not Best Electric Compact Luxury Sedan. But Best Compact Luxury Sedan.

BTW Sorry if already posted.
@RobStark, thanks for posting the MotorTrend article. I believe this to be huge and sent it to my BMW and Mercedes loving friends as a friendly jab to ask them when they will finally get on board. I distinctly remember in early 2013 when MotorTrend gave the Tesla Model S the title 2013 Car of the Year award. At the time Tesla was unheard of by most, and the car was all electric to boot. I had some TSLA at the time in the low $6s (low $30s pre split) and could not understand how this recommendation did not propel the stock higher, as the TSLA ticker sat level for two to three weeks thereafter. Only then it started its 10X share appreciation. Hoping this latest MotorTrend recommendation for Model 3 acts as a similar catalyst for TSLA as it did for the Model S.

CoinBase IPO (tomorrow) taking BTC to new highs -- 63K, so Tesla BTC investment on track to double.
Should - Master of Coin take some chips off the table? ( I would, but Tesla has said they will not be converting BTC to cash)
My impression is these holdings are permanent. This is not for a trade. They intend to accumulate BTC long term.

BTC is deflationary. I believe about 20% of BTC mined is already lost forever, so that market cap you see is not real. New BTC will disappear come 2040. Hard cap of 21 million BTC.

They should liquidate if they have any indication that BTC is losing its status or if crypto overall is somehow exposed as untenable.

It appears to me that there are a lot more players that want in at this point than out.

I’m up too early, but a nice climb in premarket is an excellent g’morning.

There’s no way they’re gonna let this thing run too far from 700. If it strays too far it ain’t coming home. The 700 call wall for this Friday seems too large for them to allow this.
Sometimes they lose control.

... but anyone know when Gigafactory Nevada is going to complete?
I've wondered this as well. If GF Nevada is only ~15% complete ( seem to remember that's the approximate number), and the constant constraint for growth and new products (Cybertruck, Semi, etc...) is cells, cells, cells.... Why isn't Tesla expanding the building footprint and constructing 100 more lines there? It would seem to be money well spent.

The only thing I've seen suggests that lack of available labor force is the issue. I've heard housing and water also discussed, but a number of folks seemed to think those were non-issues.

I've wondered this as well. If GF Nevada is only ~15% complete ( seem to remember that's the approximate number), and the constant constraint for growth and new products (Cybertruck, Semi, etc...) is cells, cells, cells.... Why isn't Tesla expanding the building footprint and constructing 100 more lines there? It would seem to be money well spent.

The only thing I've seen suggests that lack of available labor force is the issue. I've heard housing and water also discussed, but a number of folks seemed to think those were non-issues.
Get the feeling is all about Panasonic.

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger

It seems like Tesla wants to disperse its battery production and localize it at the new vehicle production Gigas. Makes sense, I suppose from a security and logistics sense.