Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally convinced myself... M3P, red with white interior. Goal is to track it as much as possible.
Screen Shot 2021-04-13 at 7.19.42 AM.png

That would be in line with past TSLA action, yes. I remember many people saying that when Tesla becomes a multi billion market cap company and is included in the SP500 etc. it will become predictable and boring to invest in TSLA...
The time that Tesla will be a boring investment is a long, long time from now. Tesla is still expanding like a chain reaction. And looking rearward to find forward projections is always a bad idea.

That's not to say the time below $900 cannot last an extended length of time, maybe as long as a year or so, but that doesn't mean the fast growth is done forever, pauses are normal. Anyone who thinks this is it will have a rude awakening.

If it's the case the Tesla can build their own lines without Panasonic, why not go ahead and do it at GF1?
A lot of it would have to do with logisitcs and simplifying supply chains. Tesla have also been awarded significant incentives by the German government to manufacture battery cells in Germany.

Finally convinced myself... M3P, red with white interior. Goal is to track it as much as possible.
View attachment 653465

Thank you for waiting until they raised the price. That will provide maximum boost to the bottom line! ;)

It's still less than I paid in 2018 for a Stealth Performance without the bigger brakes and spoiler. I would look into ditching those 20" wheels and getting a light set of 18" or 19" wheels that fit over the bigger brakes if you plan on tracking it a lot! Congratulations and enjoy!

The two mega-investment firms will invest an initial $600 million to launch Decarbonization Partners, and look to raise money from investors committing to achieving a net zero world and long-term sustainable finacnial returns. The two partners have set themselves a goal to raise $1 billion for their first fund, including capital from Temasek and BlackRock.
So, they invest about 0.006% of the funds they control into sustainable net-zero energy future.
While the rest remains mostly in fossil-burning as their name suggest: Black Rock == Coal.
Excuse me if I am not impressed at all.
I am just a retired software engineer, not a financial institution but I have the vast majority of my assets invested in green / sustainable technologies.

That's a subject that deserves about 30X the number of articles it actually gets devoted to it. But the MSM is too embarrassed to write them because it's highlights their inadequacies. They are the ones that were supposed to make people aware of the disconnect between popular perception and reality. But, like the mainstream financial firms, they totally missed it too.

This was a good thing for most of us. However, even on a thread like this there were the people who were constantly negative on the company, who were constantly trying to bring us back to "reality", and who bought into the mainstream ideas that demand was limited, profitability was unlikely, the company didn't know what they were doing and the 'competition' would eat Tesla alive. We had to constantly slap them back to reality by using actual facts, data, and real-world observations but they were like little 'negative Nellie' energizer bunnies who continually confused FUD for reality and whose batteries would never die. A few of them are still here and carry on as if they are a regular part of the Tesla bull community. :rolleyes:

I still am not 100% sure whether they mean active harm or merely have an innate inability to see reality when it's laid in front of them.

It seems like a mixed bag. I think the reality is that as investors it is easy to create mental off-ramps to your investments. So you have good folks like neroden convincing themselves of impending doom.

Maybe it makes sense to just fire and forget. Never sell. If your investment goes to zero, then that is just the cost of doing business in finding 10-baggers or 100-baggers. Similar to a VC shop, except that we don't have a time-limited venture fund to satisfy.

I've wondered this as well. If GF Nevada is only ~15% complete ( seem to remember that's the approximate number), and the constant constraint for growth and new products (Cybertruck, Semi, etc...) is cells, cells, cells.... Why isn't Tesla expanding the building footprint and constructing 100 more lines there? It would seem to be money well spent.

The only thing I've seen suggests that lack of available labor force is the issue. I've heard housing and water also discussed, but a number of folks seemed to think those were non-issues.
Or maybe floorspace for battery production is not needed short-term. Remember the name was Roadrunner for those tabless batteries for a reason. We could see a nice ramp to battery growth in 1Q if those lines are spinning as I anticipate.

1618324867529.png

MotorTrend Best Compact Luxury Sedans to Buy in 2021
I think it is important to note the cars the Tesla Model 3 beat out for top 1 spot. An impressive beat. As an owner of a Model 3, I've known this all along that Tesla makes the best cars in the World. Period.
1. Tesla Model 3 (BEV)
2. Audi A4 (ICE)
3. Genesis G70 (ICE)
4. Volvo S60 (ICE with plug-in hybrid option)
5.Alfa Romeo Giulia (ICE)
6. Mercedes-Benz C-Class (ICE)
7. BMW 3-Series (ICE)
8. Acura TLX (ICE)
9. Cadillac CT5 (ICE)
10. Lexus IS (ICE)
11. Infinity Q50 (ICE)

What's most impressive here is that Tesla won the award without having to buy off Motortrend with ads and industry benefits commonly provided by legacy auto manufacturers. It's also a credit to Motortrend that Tesla was allowed to win. They can see how quickly they would become irrelevant if they pretend like EV's are no good.

View attachment 653416

Not Best Electric Compact Luxury Sedan. But Best Compact Luxury Sedan.

Thanks for that article Rob. Scrolling through the article, the pictures of the interior reminded me that "the best part is no part" . Have a look for yourself:

Interiors.jpg

I truly love the simplicity of my Model 3's interior. I even find the prior to refresh Model S interior to be too cluttered. A simple wrap on my centre console to eliminate the fingerprints and it's perfect.

And thanks Motor Trend for the article. In a world of FUDdy articles that seem to be driven by an agenda I must give MT credit for being mostly fair and unbiased to Tesla all these years, in spite of no advertising revenues being doled out to them by Tesla. That counts for something in my book.