Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Think about this... from what other company would you get a personal response like that from the TechnoKing? I can see it maybe 6 years ago, but now?

Damn I love this company!
Let’s be honest. It’s because Everyday Astronaut has a huge following on Twitter. A regular Joe who has service issues wouldn’t get a response like this....

Screen Shot 2021-04-13 at 4.30.48 PM.png

Early in week, but 43K options at 800.
So sold some 810 CC's against 4/30 700's

GR8 Day today

Let’s be honest. It’s because Everyday Astronaut has a huge following on Twitter. A regular Joe who has service issues wouldn’t get a response like this....
"Regular Joes" have gotten plenty of responses from Elon.

Of course, being someone Elon actually knows and follows on Twitter greatly increases the chances.

Yeah, and that he's one of the roughly 100 accounts Elon actually follows and has been interviewed by a couple of times.

Still nice though.

Funny for the cat gif, BUT tell me this doesn’t all sound EXACTLY like when we finally started to recovery from *the* tweet back in the day and everyone was happy they’d gotten back a fraction of their investment portfolio. And we said, ‘Meh, wake us up when they give it ALL back.’ They still owe us - in this case $140 and then all the rest it should have grown while they were peeing all over it.

I’ll put on my smiley face when it breaches $1200 with authority.

Maybe, but would ANY other automotive CEO answer even a person with a huge Twitter following with a personal response? I strongly doubt it.

What about an old Samsung tablet from 2014?
In that case it was a rear center seat detachable, it wasn't the largest screen in the car. And in that car there was a significant amount of screen real estate on the dash (they call it 50" but it's 3 screens of various shapes so I'm not sure what the center screen size was).

I don't complain about the smaller rear screen in the refreshed Model S because I know there is a bigger screen up front and center.

Tesmanian - today: Model 3 - Best Selling Car in Austria during March

Excerpt:

Tesla is strengthening its presence in the global automotive market. In March 2021, the company achieved strong performance and Austria was no exception. Tesla Model 3 became the best-selling car among all types that were sold in the country during this period.

These kinds of reports are misleading. Obviously, Tesla loads Europe deliveries primarily toward the back month of the quarter. So months 1 and 2 are much lower than other cars typically, and month 3 is much better. For Tesmanian to imply that Model 3 is the "best selling car in March" is akin to Gordy saying that Tesla's European sales are tanking because there are almost no sales in January.

I think we need to remember when GigaNevada was decided on. The landscape for Tesla was MUCH different. I very clearly remember the world laughing at Tesla. There were claims from regular posters here that it couldn’t be done, was going to cost upwards of 20B and a whole list of reasons it was a bad idea.

People regularly forget that nothing about the world is static, least of all Elon’s companies. The plans for GigaNevada back *then* have received dozens of firmware changes.

Tesla appears to have generally moved on from GigaNevada. That doesn’t make it a bad choice. It was the exactly perfect choice at the time. Now, something else is the perfect choice.
The workforce shortages were partially caused by the "Tesla Effect" of other companies deciding to set up in the area of GigaNevada.

That is already happening in Austin, but Austin will not have workforce issues.
Other tech companies are in the CBD, TeraAustin is further East close to cheaper housing for factory workers and the airport.

The workforce shortages were partially caused by the "Tesla Effect" of other companies deciding to set up in the area of GigaNevada.

That is already happening in Austin, but Austin will not have workforce issues.
Other tech companies are in the CBD, TeraAustin is further East close to cheaper housing for factory workers and the airport.
And they’ve got an engineer factory (UT) with graduates that would love to stay in Austin.

Early in week, but 43K options at 800.
So sold some 810 CC's against 4/30 700's

GR8 Day today
Kept meaning to ask about these 4/23 $820c's today. Right from the start they've seemed to skyrocket more than everything else was skyrocketing today. After being up 100%+ yesterday.

Took a peek just now and they're by far the most open interest strike for 4/23. What's up with that? Why would there be 50% more contracts at $820 than $800 with SP at $730-760 today?

Perhaps I'm just relatively new to looking at open interest levels.

• Informative
Reactions: Criscmt and UncaNed
Roads in Southern California are horrible these days. They used to be some of the nicest in the country. I have concluded that our high taxes are being diverted to something else. The politicians seem to have figured out that they can repurpose $$ that should be spent on something as foundational as “roads” because when they ask for higher taxes, it’s justified because you see the need clear as day. How could you possibly be against tax increases to fix roads that are so bad? Quite clever IMO.

All the propositions basically do this. Claim there is no money to fund XYZ, need new tax base. In actuality XYZ is being funded through the "general fund", and they want to transfer XYZ funding to new proposition to free money in the general fund for new spending on something else.

California propositions are an abomination.

I'll throw out my prediction. With only 9 trading days left until earnings, I'm placing my bets around the SP trending up until 4/23 (my guess $820 top), then a sharp pull back 4/27 on the news. I hope I'm wrong, but I've seen this show before.

Is that the show where TSLA goes up and down and up and down, but eventually 10x's values from the previous year?

I could live with that.

Probably wishful thinking playing a part here, but this feel like the beginning of a 40+% event (or 10% in). The stock was pushed down for a solid 4-6 weeks until some positive news could come out. When the positive news came out, manipulation took hold for the market to reposition. Now it feels like they are taking off the cap for a few weeks.

Looking at last July, the pump after deliveries and into earnings pumped up ~60% prior to falling to about 280 (~40% from June) mid August. Then the stock split announcement where it ran ~75% before a quick slide and recovery to a (40%) level through the fall until the SP 500 announcement to peak at 900 (over 100%) before the recent fall back to mid 600s (again~40%). If a 60% pop happens again, over 1000 before settling in the low 900s with the 40%. This feels like a similar breakout moment where it can run for a while and then settle... especially if earnings surprise with high margins from Giga-Shanghai .

Just a reminder to anyone thinking of playing the after earnings drop strategy..........Tesla decided to hold earnings on a Monday, which they've never done before and while not as short of turnaround as they did for Q3 2019 earnings(only 2 weeks from P/D to earnings), this is still quicker than they usually do. No company would make their earnings date for a Monday if they thought the numbers would disappoint. It's a bullish signal that they're confident in what they're going to report and/or talk about on the earnings call.

Not saying it's a guaranteed blowout earnings that will make the stock skyrocket higher. But this doesn't exactly feel like the usual earnings set up.

Last edited:
Thanks for breaking out the spanking machine this week! Make sure you put it into overdrive all the way up to earnings :)
I had to 3D print these little sharp lightning bolts to mount on each paddle between the Cheek Inflammation Holes.
RedAss™️ has came a looooong way. I’m thinking of taking it private at $420. Last few tweaks for the 2021 Refresh and should be fully operational by that fateful Monday morning of the ER.
This aignt your granddaddies yard stick.......