Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And with that being said, 4 trading days is a long time for MM to walk it down to where it needs to be. So the conclusion is to buy puts. Always always buy puts. MM is your friend.
Typically aren’t you suppose to sell when it’s high and buy when it’s low? Why sell when it hits your low threshold, your just losing money.

Also, the account that I held long term was totally fine during the recent stock collapse throughout all my stocks.
The account I do the most active trading in got smashed big time and I’m still down 20%+ on some stocks. I agree with others, just buy and hold, or buy and forget about it.

8AEC0051-24BE-4279-B35D-14F839C154A3.jpg

Typically aren’t you suppose to sell when it’s high and buy when it’s low? Why sell when it hits your low threshold, your just losing money.

Also, the account that I held long term was totally fine during the recent stock collapse throughout all my stocks.
The account I do the most active trading in got smashed big time and I’m still down 20%+ on some stocks. I agree with others, just buy and hold, or buy and forget about it.
Honestly I don't know why there are so many people replying to what I wrote. It was suppose to get a laughing emoji from you guys and get on with it.

Just a reminder to anyone thinking of playing the after earnings drop strategy..........Tesla decided to hold earnings on a Monday, which they've never done before and while not as short of turnaround as they did for Q3 2019 earnings(only 2 weeks from P/D to earnings), this is still quicker than they usually do. No company would make their earnings date for a Monday if they thought the numbers would disappoint. It's a bullish signal that they're confident in what they're going to report and/or talk about on the earnings call.

Not saying it's a guaranteed blowout earnings that will make the stock skyrocket higher. But this doesn't exactly feel like the usual earnings set up.

"No company would make their earnings date for a Monday if they thought the numbers would disappoint"

Many companies report earnings on a Monday, happens all the time, and there is no statistical difference of earnings upside/downside surprises vs any other day of the week.

For example there are 128 companies scheduled to report earnings on Monday April 26th.

Well, if it works as you are all saying we should all buy a put each at $900. All 100,000 of us. That should make us more than it costs.
Too bad premiums would skyrocket all at once. I get how everyone is bullish on Tesla but for the love of god buy the shares! All these call walls are not helping tsla share price on Fridays. Imagine all those premium on calls spent buying shares instead. There will be a lopsided of put options which give MM incentive to boost price on Fridays rather than walk it down. So win win for everyone, vs all these call holders getting screwed while shareholders yell manipulation all week.

"No company would make their earnings date for a Monday if they thought the numbers would disappoint"

Many companies report earnings on a Monday, happens all the time, and there is no statistical difference of earnings upside/downside surprises vs any other day of the week.

For example there are 128 companies scheduled to report earnings on Monday April 26th.

Yes that's true. Plenty of companies regularly report their earnings on Mondays. Key word is they report their earnings on a Monday on a "regular" basis.

Tesla clearly deviated from their regular middle of the week earnings for this one by moving it up to a Monday. By far the highest percentage of days of the week they report on is Wednesday. They've never moved earnings up to a Monday. That to me, is an irregularity that is material.

Sure it could be nothing. But I see no reason for them to change course on doing their earnings on Wed the 28th like they regularly do unless they're confident. Could be the liked the numbers. Could be that they have something to disclose or share. Could be they're releasing V9 on that date. Could be nothing. Who knows. But the point still stands that they purposely changed their normal earnings routine....which if you're doing an strategy of planning to buy on a earnings dip, seems material.

I'm sure true on average, but historical TSLA earnings dates already deviate from this "average" trend.

Edit: what they said above

It’s pretty funny. I remember around 25 years ago, Austin was a “closed shop”. If you were a programmer, you needed to “know someone” to get a job.
HA, that's when I was out of UT and learned to program for a job at Dell. Was a strange time with the S&L crisis hitting Austin hard, but a great time to be making those strange looking towers and laptops.

Reactions: buttershrimp
Yes that's true. Plenty of companies regularly report their earnings on Mondays. Key word is they report their earnings on a Monday on a "regular" basis.

Tesla clearly deviated from their regular middle of the week earnings for this one by moving it up to a Monday. By far the highest percentage of days of the week they report on is Wednesday. They've never moved earnings up to a Monday. That to me, is an irregularity that is material.

Sure it could be nothing. But I see no reason for them to change course on doing their earnings on Wed the 28th like they regularly do unless they're confident. Could be the liked the numbers. Could be that they have something to disclose or share. Could be they're releasing V9 on that date. Could be nothing. Who knows. But the point still stands that they purposely changed their normal earnings routine....which if you're doing an strategy of planning to buy on a earnings dip, seems material.
This Monday call also smells like the work of whatshisname CFO guy. Kirk something? He's had a lot of splendid influence on Elon and TSLA. Mainly under-promising, but also I think little things like this.

In that sense it could be either good or bad. Maybe he wants you to think it's good news?

Reactions: Big Time
This Monday call also smells like the work of whatshisname CFO guy. Kirk something? He's had a lot of splendid influence on Elon and TSLA. Mainly under-promising, but also I think little things like this.

In that sense it could be either good or bad. Maybe he wants you to think it's good news?
Haha Zach would go down as one of the worst CFO's if he scheduled a Monday earnings which deviates from the normal schedule when he knows the numbers are bad........I have faith that our Master of Coin knows better than that ;)

Anyone watching Coinbase frenzy? Wondering if it will have a GME type reaction or if it’s going to follow TSLA pattern with MMD. Curious how investors on this forum think about this event given their experience with TSLA.

Anyone watching Coinbase frenzy? Wondering if it will have a GME type reaction or if it’s going to follow TSLA pattern with MMD. Curious how investors on this forum think about this event given their experience with TSLA.

GME was and likely remains a dying retail videogame store franchise that went vertical because there were no shares to be bought and hedge funds were short by 2-5x the available float. Tesla has gone from $17 to $3,810 because it's going to be integral in nearly all vital aspects of human existence in 2032. Coinbase is a brokerage for buying, storing and trading cryptocurrencies. I'm not sure I could imagine three things you would less want to compare to each other.

In answer to your question, I think the hedge funds will encourage a skyrocketing it to a $150B valuation and then short it.

Who ever created the narrative this is a "watershed moment" is both a genius and a fool. It's just a brokerage platform. There's gonna be more and more and more and more.