Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks...
I understand the maximus panus theory...which has been debunked. Either way, that incorporates both puts and calls. I'm just puzzled when people only look at one side of the equation (calls) as MMs will hedge the net of the two exposures.

MMs seem to more vigorously defend calls than puts.

If you sold calls and sold puts, which would you be more upset with? Losing your shares or gaining more at a slightly higher price than current market price?

Usually people that are selling puts want to buy the stock anyways. It can be a way to accumulate shares at a price you’re ok with, and get a premium whether or not it’s assigned. On the other hand, folks selling calls would ideally NOT like to lose their shares, even if they were comfortable selling at the strike price.

1618435217775.png

Looks like a heart beat at the end of a medical drama.

After pulling ahead early, it looked like a continuation of the dominance we have seen this week, but they squandered the lead in the first quarter. They rallied to get to near even at the half, but the second half was all Bears and Team Tesla could not keep up. Must have been a bit tired after two blowout wins in a row. It was a packed house again today, but apparently more Bears fans than Team Tesla's.

There's a new stat today : High - Low, which is the difference between the day's high and the day's low, as well as the average value for the season and the last 10. I figure this could be useful to measure volatility for those that are interested. The season average is a bit skewed because Google's historical data has some errors such as showing the high for 3/4 being over 800 when it was actually in the high 600s.

Today
Score: 732.23
Margin of W/L: -30.09
Attendance: 48,781,917
High - Low: 52.76

Season
Record: 35-35
Total margin of wins: 864.85
Total margin of losses: -838.29
YTD gain/loss: 26.56 3.76%
Best Win: 110.58 2021-03-09
Worst Loss: -68.83 2021-01-11
Last 10: 6-4
Streak: L1
Avg margin of victory: 24.71
Avg margin of defeat: -23.95
Avg Attendance: 38,880,676
Avg Attendance of Last 10: 32,309,028
Avg High - Low: 42.39
Avg H - L of Last 10: 28.33

ARKK's TSLA weighting is up to 11.66%. Good thing they changed the concentration policy.
OT, but we’re AH now...

They never had a 10% concentration policy in their fund documentation. That was just an unofficial policy they had stated in different interviews.

They did have a written policy that across all funds they couldn’t have any position be worth more than 30% of total AUM of all funds. That’s the rule they changed in that they got rid of the cross fund rule and shifted it to each individual fund can’t have more than 30% AUM in any one position. They’ve never actually said anything about getting rid of the unofficial 10% rule, but does seem like they have given lack of sales of positions.

The old rule made sense when they only had one or two funds of interest. Now with arguably 5, it makes more sense to treat them separately.

They’ve never actually said anything about getting rid of the unofficial 10% rule, but does seem like they have given lack of sales of positions.

The rule they said is that wouldn't buy more shares of TSLA if it was at/over 10% of the fund. But that they would let it run to 13-15% as the stock value went up before they would sell. (Other than if they wanted to lock in profits or needed money for some other opportunity.)

I won't screenshot it but Google AH TSLA right now is +$206.88 at $939.11.

Unfortunately it's a glitch.

We'll get there soon enough.
The Official Nasdaq After Market page shows this too. So it's an official glitch. :rolleyes:

I just checked the After Market page after coming home from a drive and I guess my heart beat looked just like that graph! 🌙