Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A racing series needs competition and fierce rivalries to grow into something great. EV racing is in it's early nascent stage. Tesla should continue to hang back and let things develop before stepping in and showing them how to do it. ;)

It's much better to be the new underdog entering a series than the series founder who habitually beats everyone down before they can strut their stuff.
Hence the excellent movie (that also showed what a bunch of Dbags the executives at Ford were...glad that's no longer the case) "Ford vs Ferrari" instead of "Ferrari smacks down silly upstart Ford".

I can't speak for the rest of you, but I am totally NOT brand loyal to Tesla. I would flip the instant I saw a better product. While I don't see that happening anytime soon, I am fully capable of being unbiased as I check out various options from other makers. I would probably sell my stock too. I am a Tesla fan boy but only because I'm a fan of their products and technology. They design the kind of cars I like using state of the art technologies to make them objectively superior. If that ever changes, I'm not going to hang on and defend the indefensible.
I AM brand loyal to Tesla. If there ever is a better product from another manufacturer, however unlikely, I will still buy Tesla. Tesla created the BEV market. Tesla then raised the bar. Other manufacturers, when/if they come with a compelling product, will have done so only because of Tesla. For Tesla I am thankful and grateful. Tesla has my support from here on out. Yes, any EV repacing ICE is good, however for my family our vehicles will all be Tesla...and we are keeping our TSLA.

Elon might be too hopeful for some people, but he's putting himself out there for the world to see and not hiding behind some empty "coming soon" message. I'm sorry but solving autonomy is difficult and I believe he is telling us what is on his mind with the best information available to him at all times. Let the one who has never missed a deadline cast the first stone.
the-man-in-the-arena2.jpg

I AM brand loyal to Tesla. If there ever is a better product from another manufacturer, however unlikely, I will still buy Tesla. Tesla created the BEV market. Tesla then raised the bar. Other manufacturers, when/if they come with a compelling product, will have done so only because of Tesla. For Tesla I am thankful and grateful. Tesla has my support from here on out. Yes, any EV repacing ICE is good, however for my family our vehicles will all be Tesla...and we are keeping our TSLA.

It's counter-productive to support companies that are not earning that support. This is how you engineer failure, large groups of people signaling they will buy a company's products, no matter what. I require continuing performance to earn my continuing support.

It's counter-productive to support companies that are not earning that support. This is how you engineer failure, large groups of people signaling they will buy a company's products, no matter what. I require continuing performance to earn my continuing support.
I'll compromise. If Tesla ever started manufacturing ICEV they would lose my loyalty. Only then, but that is like calling a cat a dog, or a dog a cat.

Sounds very plausible - alas turns out at least on Schwab this is not possible -

Edit: - from the Schwab rep: ".. QS is a non marginable stock to hold long, that it is hard to find shares to short because fewer people would hold it on margin, to allow you to short. "

View attachment 653927
You can still enter a synthetic short positions (sell call, buy put) with options as long as you have the highest option level enabled for your account.

• Informative
Reactions: CLK350
What was that about imitation and flattery?

I had a schwinn fastback stingray that when the neighborhood kids would launch a rocket in the Church yard on a windy day I'd hop on and race the rest of the kids to the landing...
Please explain to me? I thought rockets came back and landed where you wanted them to; no going chasing after them...
My vehicle was better because I could carry the space vehicle back to the facility on it.

I had a schwinn fastback stingray that when the neighborhood kids would launch a rocket in the Church yard on a windy day I'd hop on and race the rest of the kids to the landing...
Please explain to me? I thought rockets came back and landed where you wanted them to; no going chasing after them...
My vehicle was better because I could carry the space vehicle back to the facility on it.

Nope- this was recovering the capsule, not the rocket.

Something SpaceX does too.

• Informative
Reactions: Tes La Ferrari
What was that about imitation and flattery?

I'm surprised Rivian lets Blue Origin position their trucks as second fiddle by supporting a second fiddle SpaceX wanna be company...errr, wait, Rivian doesn't have a choice...what Bezos wants, Bezos gets! Hopefully it doesn't cause any lasting damage to Rivian's brand image! ;)

We need another good competitor to to help steal F-150, Ram and Sierra sales away from legacy manufacturers. We don't want Rivian to be thought of as playing second fiddle. The truck market is too huge to go it alone! Hopefully, Rivian can get their prices down.

I'm surprised Rivian lets Blue Origin position their trucks as second fiddle by supporting a second fiddle SpaceX wanna be company...errr, wait, Rivian doesn't have a choice...what Bezos wants, Bezos gets! Hopefully it doesn't cause any lasting damage to Rivian's brand image! ;)

We need another good competitor to to help steal F-150, Ram and Sierra sales away from legacy manufacturers. We don't want Rivian to be thought of as playing second fiddle. The truck market is too huge to go it alone! Hopefully, Rivian can get their prices down.

I worry that Amazon will absorb almost all of Rivian's capacity to build electric delivery vans. Obviously E vans are great, but that means no "regular" EV pick up on the market.

Reactions: FireMedic
I worry that Amazon will absorb almost all of Rivian's capacity to build electric delivery vans. Obviously E vans are great, but that means no "regular" EV pick up on the market.

I think that will be the case. The good news is Amazon delivery vans rack up big miles (and in the most populated areas) so it's probably the most efficient way to support Tesla's mission. The advantages of an EV are greatest in stop and go delivery service. Every motor route of the US Postal Service should be EV ASAP as well.

No worries. BEVs that are used the most often (i.e. 10 - 12 hrs/day by delivery vans, as opposed to 2 - 3 hrs/day by pickups running to work or the job sites) would offset greater amount of pollution from corresponding ICE and be more effective overall. This is why although I have an order for the Cybertruck, my preference for Tesla would be to advance the Semi production ahead of the Cybertruck.

I've just seen this on TV and I would not like to be in their shoes. This experience must be quite frustrating.
Tesla should probably switch to on-line invoices over a secure server. But this also requires that the purchaser's computer is free of things like keyboard logging virus's and whatnot. It's a big problem. Wherever there is a system to prevent fraud, there is a way around it. It's just a matter of how many hoops need to be jumped through.

I've just seen this on TV and I would not like to be in their shoes. This experience must be quite frustrating.
I am confused about this: "Tesla emailed her an invoice". Why would Tesla email their account number to a buyer? As part of the ordering process a buyer must create an account on Tesla's server, where eventually also the invoice with payment details is placed by Tesla for download + payment by the buyer.

PS. I received access to (and still have) my Model 3 invoice as a PDF stored on Tesla's server under my account there.

Last edited: