Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m so brand loyal I’ve switched poisons from Coke to Pepsi products simply because Pepsi is getting the first order of Tesla semis. There are also no Adidas products allowed in this household because they made a stink over the original Model 3 symbol.

I was auto brand loyal prior to Tesla for a few decades. It took a big deal like Tesla for me to flip. It would take an equally big deal to flip me from Tesla. Yeah, I can’t even begin to fathom what it would need to be. Certainly bigger and badder than a few Bitcoin.
Nice. But... What if legacy auto offered you a customized mountain in return for a ringing endorsement?

Well folks, some good news from Fremont:
  • Fans are extracting a lot of heat from Kato. Employee lot FULL. Production started?
  • Gigapresses seem busy and there is a stockpile of new castings.
  • Factory seems busy with plenty of cars in the delivery lot, etc.
  • Semi spotted on the track.
  • What I assume to be a refresh Plaid X spotted on the track.
  • Anything else I might have missed?
Enjoy

I have an alternate viewpoint on Elon's timeframes. I think it's possible that he gives these overoptimistic timeframes on purpose, to put pressure on his people to perform beyond reasonable expectations. After all, he does seem to elicit more out of his employees than anyone else I've ever seen. It may just be his way to keep the screws tight to ensure Tesla stays far ahead.
Thats a good way to get to replace a good portion of your top performers each year.

• Fans are extracting a lot of heat from Kato. Employee lot FULL. Production started?
Enjoy

Tesla Fremont really need to build highly stacked parking garages to free up some space, especially when they are doing pilot lines or line expansions in the future.

File this in the "for what it's worth" category: Short seller Scorpion Capital just published a 188-page research report and announced a short position in QuantumScape.

"We conducted 15 in-depth research interviews, including 9 former R&D employees, 4 leading solid-state battery experts, and 2 employees in Volkswagen’s EV battery effort. Our research leads us to conclude that the company is no different than other recently exposed SPAC promotions and EV frauds."

Report - (Scorpion Capital)
You know, the shorts may (or may not) be right about QuantumScape, but this report itself is amateurish crap. Bizarre font sizes and colors, random words bolded, italicized, and underlined. Rants going on and on and on for pages. This thing reads like it was written by the Unabomber on meth.

Enjoy

Just being clear. Kato would be 4680 battery production?