Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Close today will normally be >725<730

Who's selling? MM's - selling to themselves to keep it low, doesn't cost much to do for them

Shocked they're not running into more volume to soak up. Guess FOMO isn't in full swing yet. Not sure what folks are waiting for!

In other news, Ferrari thinks they're gonna be alive in 2025.....

Shocked they're not running into more volume to soak up. Guess FOMO isn't in full swing yet. Not sure what folks are waiting for!

Hard to imagine a boutique automaker doing this without help from a company with an established technical platform.

Though, I could more easily imagine the Ferrari stallion with a "Tesla Inside" tag beside it. :cool:

Guys, I need help.
A guy I work and train with is getting stressed out by ARK daily trading reports and thinks TSLA is not worth much because ARK sold some TSLA 2 days ago at peak and bought Coinbase yesterday.
He is watching stocks price everyday and think he should sell his ARKK because Tesla is overvalued and that it won’t go up for 1 year. He is listening to the day trading whatsapp group of his friend who knows a trader and says the Chinese EVs will take over and he should take profit because TSLA will crash because of the Chinese EVs.

I see these 2 guys being absorbed by FUD and they believe it like religion and they seem to start being unreasonable. His whatsapp day trading friend is now anti-vaxxer because he says the companies just make money out of it and he thinks it’s like the flu vaccine, the only time he got the flu is the only year he took the vaccine.

I feel like it is a hopeless battle, people are getting more and more unreasonable.
Tesla is hard to explain at current valuations because a lot of assumptions are built in that has to go right. Now if it goes right Tesla goes a lot higher. That's kind of what is going on. Tesla fumbled a lot of prior execution challenges and got dinged for it because the sentiment is they couldn't do anything right. Now with 2 solid years of good execution, the sentiment is they can hit their guidance of FSD and battery production. The truth is somewhere in between. Just like how "they can't do anything right" sentiment being wrong, Tesla can't do no wrong going forward today is also probably wrong.

So there's a bear and bull case that's extremely polarizing and I understand both sides of the story and wouldn't automatically discount bears concerns. Elon plenty of time said stock price is too high (aka you guys are jumping the gun on our ability to execute). He said this multiple times when Tesla is on a huge run even in the early days. Just because they suddenly did a few things really right doesn't mean the market should price in perfect execution going forward was his warning.

So if some people feel like there's too much risk with Tesla then it's okay to feel that way. Tesla is always on the cutting edge and creating things never done before. There will be a lot of challenges before that miracle moment. If people don't want to worry about it then that's okay. Just don't short the stock cause eventually Tesla solves their challenges and shorts get burned.

If it was my friend and I cared enough about them, I'd say: "Even though I think you're making a huge mistake, I'm not going to stop you from doing what you want to do with your money. I only hope that when this bet blows up, you will have the clarity and courage to admit that it was your fault. Also, just know that if you want my advice on what to do at that point, the first thing I'll expect will be an apology."

Mine is similar.

"I have screenshotted your text messages to me and will create an appointment 1 year from now which you are invited to."

Tesla is hard to explain at current valuations because a lot of assumptions are built in that has to go right. Now if it goes right Tesla goes a lot higher. That's kind of what is going on. Tesla fumbled a lot of prior execution challenges and got dinged for it because the sentiment is they couldn't do anything right. Now with 2 solid years of good execution, the sentiment is they can hit their guidance of FSD and battery production. The truth is somewhere in between. Just like how "they can't do anything right" sentiment being wrong, Tesla can't do no wrong going forward today is also probably wrong.

So there's a bear and bull case that's extremely polarizing and I understand both sides of the story and wouldn't automatically discount bears concerns. Elon plenty of time said stock price is too high (aka you guys are jumping the gun on our ability to execute). He said this multiple times when Tesla is on a huge run even in the early days. Just because they suddenly did a few things really right doesn't mean the market should price in perfect execution going forward was his warning.

So if some people feel like there's too much risk with Tesla then it's okay to feel that way. Tesla is always on the cutting edge and creating things never done before. There will be a lot of challenges before that miracle moment. If people don't want to worry about it then that's okay. Just don't short the stock cause eventually Tesla solves their challenges and shorts get burned.

The difference is IMO that the bear case moves us to say $500 a share, the bull case moves us to $3k a share (or more).

As the construction guys with their pickups parked in the background say "What in the hell?"

I think quite a few of those construction guys next pickup will be a Cybertruck. I really doubt any of them have worked on a construction job that has been bigger or better managed. Knowing the company building Cybertruck is genuinely competent across the board should give a lot of extra assurance the vehicle they are building in the factory you built will be great.

Fidelity won't let me buy options that expire the same day. Is this a limitation I can request be removed?

At some point last year I believe they raised the account value threshold quite a bit for 0DTE options.

Maybe not unironically, RH now allows you to do 0DTE trading as of last year.

The MMD has generally been a great way to get lunch money a few times a week. Got in on $750c at $0.82 around 10am and out at $1.30 minutes later.

however, in investing he has exactly the opposite skills required for a spine surgeon, he want everything to be quick, certain and controlled. That makes him a terrible investor.

I feel sorry for his S.O., he must be a really bad lover and a terrible conversationalist. And a hopeless fisherman. That's ok, it takes all types to make the world go 'round.

You might explain that investing is more like the recovery phase of surgery than the actual procedure. If you do the surgery correctly (pick the right investment), the body knows how to heal (the company will build itself stronger and value will be created in time). You don't go in and do the surgery again simply because the patient had a setback during the recovery period. If you did the surgery correctly to begin with, you let it continue to heal. Time works wonders.

I think quite a few of those construction guys next pickup will be a Cybertruck. I really doubt any of them have worked on a construction job that has been bigger or better managed. Knowing the company building Cybertruck is genuinely competent across the board should give a lot of extra assurance the vehicle they are building in the factory you built will be great.

I think more of those guys are into shiny/sci fi stuff than we give them credit for. At least many of the construction type guys I have known. The two guys who are tearing out my old bathroom talked about how much they love the Model 3. Once the Truck guys see how solid and powerful the CT is many will convert.

As the construction guys with their pickups parked in the background say "What in the hell?"
It’s a small world. Everybody knows everybody out that way - I know this from experience. Those guys will go home, to a restaurant, to the bar, over to buddy’s house tonight and word of CYBRTRCK will spread like wildfire.

Yeah, it's a good moment for someone to load-up a bit but maybe everyone already did so

Next week I think we'll see a run up towards $800 - a bigly call-wall of 21k open-interest there, but not that much happening below

It’s a small world. Everybody knows everybody out that way - I know this from experience. Those guys will go home, to a restaurant, to the bar, over to buddy’s house tonight and word of CYBRTRCK will spread like wildfire.
Heck, I'm about a half hour from TeraTexas, didn't leave home nor go to a restaurant or bar, and I heard about it yesterday.

Maybe I have an inside line on such scuttlebut ... :rolleyes:

Guys, I need help.
A guy I work and train with is getting stressed out by ARK daily trading reports and thinks TSLA is not worth much because ARK sold some TSLA 2 days ago at peak and bought Coinbase yesterday.
He is watching stocks price everyday and think he should sell his ARKK because Tesla is overvalued and that it won’t go up for 1 year. He is listening to the day trading whatsapp group of his friend who knows a trader and says the Chinese EVs will take over and he should take profit because TSLA will crash because of the Chinese EVs.

I see these 2 guys being absorbed by FUD and they believe it like religion and they seem to start being unreasonable. His whatsapp day trading friend is now anti-vaxxer because he says the companies just make money out of it and he thinks it’s like the flu vaccine, the only time he got the flu is the only year he took the vaccine.

I feel like it is a hopeless battle, people are getting more and more unreasonable.
I take the Ebenezer Scrooge approach; they should sell the stock and not take the vaccine and thusly reduce the surface population.

I can appreciate your helpful nature, but it seems obvious from your accounts that it’s wasted on these two. Go find someone who wants to be helped.

Guys, I need help.

Just let them find out the hard way.

Anyone else getting ornery from all the "OEM EV taking on Tesla in 202X" articles/ads ... they seem to have increased exponentially .... i guess OEMs are panicking but it really irritates me...
on the flip side everyone of these articles is an Advertisement for Tesla which is fantastic ... because an educated consumer will need to compare Porsche, Mercedes, VW, etc to Tesla and if you do your HW there is only once conclusion Tesla

changed my mind ... bring on the "Tesla Killers" 🦕