Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Justrelax /BornToFly : you're welcome - while on the subject, ALSO since it is a great day for SpaceX, you and others at TMC might enjoy watching the short segment where Sandy Munro discusses meeting Elon, especially when he relates how at the end of that meeting Elon said he was going next to a review meeting and he was welcome to stick around - see

Visiting SpaceX & Meeting Elon Musk [Munro Clip]

Thanks for posting Gary Black important tweets,
I don’t see them anymore since he blocked me for stating he was a swing trader for selling TSLA out of their Bitcoin purchase and buying back in the 600’s. That was not my definition of a Tesla long investor.
He seemed not to agree.
He sounds like the classic very smart person/Dunning-Kruger effect. combo. Because he is obviously very smart in at least a couple things (surgery, research) and maybe more, he thinks (knows) that he is smart in everything. This is a dangerous mindset and is probably why physicians are often looked at as jokes in the investment world as they often make stupid decision due to their arrogance in their own intelligence/wisdom. He is also the type that will rationalize the mistakes he makes in investing due to external factors and that one day he will still be right and never admit he was wrong. This is what TSLAQ continues to do as well.
Honestly, I know the type in surgery... it’s not surprising he is a deeply competitive person, but what isn’t seen is he probably envies your certainty, conviction and ability to enjoy all things Tesla. He’s trying to frustrate you by never being convinced, and he is passive aggressive because he wants to cause you stress about his situation.
Best thing you can do in this situation is not play ball. Start talking up the Taycan, all the while accumulating more shares of TSLA. Start saying things he doesn’t expect, “I wish I could afford a Taycan. It’s clearly a cooler car in every way. “ Then every night before bed, have a good laugh about it with your wife.

So, the big question is will Cybertruck be ready in time for NASA's return to the moon? (now that Rivian is out of the money to source the next Lunar Rover) :p

EzH5HU-UUAEAWKN

Cheers!

I like to point out that Big Oil includes several repressive governments that are happy to act with extreme prejudice when their interests are threatened.

How on Earth Tesla ever stood a chance against that lot is one hell of a success-against-the-odds story.

It was easy. When Elon found out the Saudi's were trying to buy up TSLA, he tweeted out a counter offer at $420.

It was cheap, too. $84/share split adjusted, still shortzes sellin' like it was the end of the ICE age. Oh, wait. :p

Cheers!

OT, but something came to mind after watching @DaveT new episode
Elon: “AI is dangerous. Humans stand no chance against AI”
Also Elon: “Tesla will use Dojo to solve real world AI”
Dave in the corner: “That means cars, boats, robots, drones, mhuawahahaha”
CNBC: “Elon Musk is building Skynet to destroy humankind”
Exciting times indeed.

Honestly, I know the type in surgery... it’s not surprising he is a deeply competitive person, but what isn’t seen is he probably envies your certainty, conviction and ability to enjoy all things Tesla. He’s trying to frustrate you by never being convinced, and he is passive aggressive because he wants to cause you stress about his situation.
Best thing you can do in this situation is not play ball. Start talking up the Taycan, all the while accumulating more shares of TSLA. Start saying things he doesn’t expect, “I wish I could afford a Taycan. It’s clearly a cooler car in every way. “ Then every night before bed, have a good laugh about it with your wife.
Wow, that is exactly my wife’s take on the situation!
He is really competitive and overachiever in everything he does. He probably has trouble seeing some of his old junior resident getting financially independent couple years before him, 10 years earlier. He just called to see to ask me to come for the 25k training this Sunday and told me I should sell my TSLA asap before it drops. I told him he is the last person I would listen for financial advice on this planet.
Poor guy, probably sad and envious internally.
He had to complete an Ironman the year after I completed mine in 2013. I was joking with my wife that he was envious, however that exactly what he said to someone I know when they asked him why he would register to such even when he doesn’t know how to swim. He allegedly answered: “A friend of mine completed one and I don’t accept that, I have to do it too.”
Competition is healthy up to a certain point, in certain aspect of life. It’s starting to look pathologic the more I talk about it.

I deeply admire big whales who have been buying and holding TSLA for over 5-7 years and wish them success and continue to keep growing. It’s sad some people and TSLAQ get so deep sunken in jealousy and remorse they wish the opposite. It is not how you bring positivity and build anything in this world.

Last edited:
VERY interesting post.

One thing that's a red (or pehaps yellow) flag for me is this reddit user posts on twitter under a different handle. And used to post here on ANOTHER different handle. And they're using their own accounts to amplify their own message without acknowledging they're the same person.

That's all I'm going to say in this thread about it.

Edit: Would be nice if this reddit poster would come (back) to discuss their post here. Like I said, it's VERY interesting.

Mmm, poster is @FrankSG correct me if I'm wrong. He's put some serious legwork into making sense of Tesla in multiple very thorough blog posts. Personally I think he's an outstanding contributor and I put a good amount of weighting on anything he says to be accurate or on the right track. So I'm not discounting the possibility of this. Don't bet on a short squeeze happening with any worthwhile amount of money - that's unwise. The price action lately has been pretty suspicious of heavy short activity IMO. He's neck deep in schooling if I understand correctly otherwise he might be frequenting forums and writing more. I am very excited for ER on the 26th though.

Last point, my personal accounts, my twitter and my TMC are all different handles....nothing malicious about it. They were created years apart with no thought to connecting them - I have no intention of being an online celebrity and having followers.

Mmm, poster is @FrankSG correct me if I'm wrong. He's put some serious legwork into making sense of Tesla in multiple very thorough blog posts. Personally I think he's an outstanding contributor and I put a good amount of weighting on anything he says to be accurate or on the right track. So I'm not discounting the possibility of this. Don't bet on a short squeeze happening with any worthwhile amount of money - that's unwise. The price action lately has been pretty suspicious of heavy short activity IMO. He's neck deep in schooling if I understand correctly otherwise he might be frequenting forums and writing more. I am very excited for ER on the 26th though.

Last point, my personal accounts, my twitter and my TMC are all different handles....nothing malicious about it. They were created years apart with no thought to connecting them - I have no intention of being an online celebrity and having followers.
i'm aware of peelen. he's posted many great analyses of Tesla.

i never said there was anything malicious about the post. many people post with many different handles. it's fine.

my point was, believe me or not, the person amplifying the reddit post is doing so without acknowledging that they're the one that wrote it.

it's like if i wrote a story, then got on another account and said, "hey everyone, look at this awesome story!"

Does that make sense?

reported there that Tesla finally shows the heated steering wheel for 3 and Y in the online configuration. Note: only on AWD and Performance configs, not on SR or SR+ configs.

edit: TMC does some of the dumbest things for URLs, the link (if you click it) takes you to post 463 on page 24 but the thumbnail shows the post 1, page 1 content. Similar to how the spreadsheet I posted was titled Top 25 automakers by Market Cap but I was posting it for the Enterprise Value content from column Q, but so many people saw what TMC decided to name the link...

anyway here is a screenshot

smartselect_20210416-213032_samsung-internet-jpg.654349

Last edited:
@StealthP3D, The rate of change of the exchange rate between CAD and USD can be significant, as I'm sure with most countries and the US. Twice in recent history, CAD was >110% of USD, in 2007 and again in 2011. When Tesla first produced the Model S, I could have purchased one for <$50k CAD (mind you it was the 40 kWh version, woulda, coulda, shoulda). Now the least expensive Model S is $115k CAD. US Citizens would come up to Canada and when dining using USD they would be offended that during these times, their US dollars were considered less valuable than Canadian dollars and would have to cough up more.

Will CAD go back up to $1.10 USD? Maybe. $0.77 USD historically may be too low. Regardless, for Canadians such as myself who have >95% of their investments in a different currency (US), this is something I think about from time to time. I don't find it funny to do so.

View attachment 654364
My not funny conversion of today to cover some chairs purchased at 585 on margin a month ago.
C1DA867F-496D-40BD-BFDC-9F65203FA89F.jpeg

It always hurts my eye when I transfer in the 50s and receive in the 30s.
ok, I know it’s 39k but the psychological effect is there.

Wow, that is exactly my wife’s take on the situation!
He is really competitive and overachiever in everything he does. He probably has trouble seeing some of his old junior resident getting financially independent couple years before him, 10 years earlier. He just called to see to ask me to come for the 25k training this Sunday and told me I should sell my TSLA asap before it drops. I told him he is the last person I would listen for financial advice on this planet.
Poor guy, probably sad and envious internally.
He had to complete an Ironman the year after I completed mine in 2013. I was joking with my wife that he was envious, however that exactly what he said to someone I know when they asked him why he would register to such even when he doesn’t know how to swim. He allegedly answered: “A friend of mine completed one and I don’t accept that, I have to do it too.”
Competition is healthy up to a certain point, in certain aspect of life. It’s starting to look pathologic the more I talk about it.

I deeply admire big whales who have been buying and holding TSLA for over 5-7 years and wish them success and continue to keep growing. It’s sad some people and TSLAQ get so deep sunken in jealousy and remorse they wish the opposite. It is not how you bring positivity and build anything in this world.
Yeah your wife is smart, but I wouldn’t feel too bad for that guy either. Sad part is you’d be happy for him if he was happy, but he can’t do it. He’s uncomfortable in relationships he’s not the dominant guy, marriage or otherwise. I’m pretty sure the Porsche would fit him perfectly after all ;-).

This does actually relate to investing. And you hit it on the head with TSLAQ.... because it’s same insecurity with the hedge fund guys. they are used to being smartest and most ambitious person in the room since grade school and they really can’t stand when Elon gets more attention. They don’t get it, Elon is just very smart and enthusiastic nerd with a positive attitude, which is way cooler than being cocky finance person. But they can’t handle it.... they spend so much energy just not allowing themselves to be pleasantly surprised by innovation.
anyway, buy more TSLA

So, the big question is will Cybertruck be ready in time for NASA's return to the moon? (now that Rivian is out of the money to source the next Lunar Rover) :p

EzH5HU-UUAEAWKN

Cheers!
“watch this space” by Arthur C Clarke, (1958)
(Advertisement in space)(moon as backdrop)

starlink are way better tho, in real time
(where’s my artisanal meteor shower for my birthday light show?)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Artful Dodger
My not funny conversion of today to cover some chairs purchased at 585 on margin a month ago.
View attachment 654438
It always hurts my eye when I transfer in the 50s and receive in the 30s.
ok, I know it’s 39k but the psychological effect is there.
Ouch! You paid a 2% ForEx fee for converting CAD to USD? o_O

You need to learn about Norbert's Gambit (would've saved you $1,000 CAD on $50K). Recommend using these two dedicated ETF funds to do these two trades: 1. CAD=>ETF then 2. ETF=>USD

So for the cost of 2 trades, you can convert any desired amnt between USD and CAD (without the 2% currency exchange fee). Works in the other direction too when taking profits. :D

Cheers!