Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hate to continue the off topic discussion about the crash but just wanted to share with all:
  1. Red brake calipers (Very probably a performance Model S)
  2. 2nd rear parking brake caliper: probably AP1 car, i think they stopped doing this around the time of the refresh/AP2
Can't wait for Tesla to share details and put 100% of the blame on the driver with breakdown of every second before the crash.
My XP is early AP2 and still has the parking calliper

Toyota to review climate stance as investors turn up the heat | reuters.com 4:39am EDT

"Japan's Toyota Motor Corp signalled a shift in its climate change stance on Monday, saying it would review its lobbying and be more transparent on what steps it is taking as it faces increased activist and investor pressure."​

TL;dr for Toyota: "Hydrogen isn't green; it's the color of decay delay"

Okay, after seeing this video on the ID4 by Engineering Explained that states that Mach-E's use of the Electrify America chargers is significantly easier than the ID4's, and seeing Sandy Munro's experience with the ID4, I can't help but come to one conclusion. Please follow my logic of the facts:

1. VW gets caught cheating diesel emissions multiple times.
2. VW is forced to help create electric charging infrastructure
3. VW releases the ID4, which is extremely difficult and a hassle to charge on the network that VW created due to the diesel emissions scandal.

Does anyone else think that VW is intentionally sabotaging EVs by trying to give them a reputation of being a hassle to charge?

Granted, it may not be as direct as telling the engineers to make it complicated, but it could be something like dedicating 0.00001% of ev r&d to charging ui and interface.
This, combined with Out of Spec's Mach-E road trip and Taycan Cannonball Run shows just how bad the EA network is. Granted, in some cases it may be the car S/W that is causing the issues, but the experience is unacceptable IMO.

Could make for a couple of good buy days. I put some orders in at 650, 625 and 600 just in case.
I wouldn't get too hopeful. Pre-Market volume is just 178,620, and Max Pain is $730, with a big 'put' wall at the $700 strike.

Remember, this is FOMO week, where the market buys the rumor (b4 dey sell da newz). :p

More likely, this is just a weak attempt to shake some cheep chairs offa weak longs.

Cheers!

So, the newspapers have reported every single fatal Tesla accident in the last 24 hours.

Presumably they will also be reporting every fatal ICE accident in short order, no?

Three years ago a fiery, fatal Tesla accident could cause the SP to dip significantly. With the company much bigger and with many more cars on the road I expect the effect of this recent tragedy to be less.

If they bring the SP down for the day going into earnings with macros behaving based on this crash I will be slightly surprised.

There is no indication of anything wrong with the car outside of user stupidity. If the occupants did manage to engage the AP with no one in the driver seat they had gone mad. They behaved like clueless, impulsive teenagers, recklessly endangering themselves and everyone around them.

Algos do not care in the end and respond to the headlines carried across the entire spectrum of the mainstream media. This should be very temporary.

But boy have I been wrong lately....

If they bring the SP down for the day going into earnings with macros behaving based on this crash I will be slightly surprised.

There is no indication of anything wrong with the car outside of user stupidity. If the occupants did manage to engage the AP with no one in the driver seat they had gone mad. They behaved like clueless, impulsive teenagers, recklessly endangering themselves and everyone around them.

Algos do not care in the end and respond to the headlines carried across the entire spectrum of the mainstream media. This should be very temporary.

But boy have I been wrong lately....
Seems impossible no matter what they did. AP won't go fast enough to do that on such a road. It will be nice once cameras start validating drivers so all of this FUD looks even dumber.

Seems impossible no matter what they did. AP won't go fast enough to do that on such a road. It will be nice once cameras start validating drivers so all of this FUD looks even dumber.

TACC will go whatever speed you want- maybe he "thought" he'd turned on AP but only turned on TACC?

Would explain ability to accelerate without someone in the seat, but it'd just keep going straight when it came to a turn.

That's 32,000 percent user error of course, even beyond the idiotic getting out of the seat in the first place bit.