Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks. Indeed many news sources are assertively headlining that Autopilot was engaged. Benzinga is the latest. Elon is now denying the involvement of Autopilot on Twitter. Unlike in my day, modern quick-bait "journalists" make assertions without evidence. For shame, especially when investments are involved. :rolleyes:

Well from the deployment of BEV perspective, I welcome Toyota (and Subaru) into the marketplace. It's the SP impact that concerns me. We'll see what happens when they introduce their bZ4X model next year. Both Toyota and Subaru are known for quality and it will be interesting to see if that carries over for their pure battery vehicles.
Lol, you included enough keywords that joojle included your post in their news feed on the in c dent. Ha ha ha, juess which 3 words!

Cheers!

Interesting day - taking advantage of the inflammatory defamatory SP s/t deflating events ahead of an up bump going into Q1 earnings day - had to do something to make me feel better.

Disclaimer: not advice - not an expert at all, in fact happy to get feedback from the more experienced folks here.

Early today around 10 am sold stonk @ 695 average (about 20K) to buy as soon as possible afterwards (2-4 mins) one each of Sept 19 750 and 780 Calls @ 105 and 89.

Why these particulars ones, well they seemed far enough to ride the bumps and get the SP to be at a profitable* level and not so far so that they can appreciate reasonably well, before expiry. As to their particular pricing, I figured the market is efficient.

Well, let's see how this ages.

Dang - it didn't take long - while I was perusing some illustrations, Elon deflates the WSJ using a random informed guy's tweet and the SP jumps $9 in AH, let's see tomorrow's SP action. This whole (r)evolution has to be the best live, real-time show in town.

1618871922305.png

(*) so what do I consider profitable: would have to be say 2X as much appreciation over equivalent stonks. Did not look up the option greeks as I'm optimistic the SP will move far enough that these wouldn't be that relevant. IF indeed an infinity squeeze happens as the MM's can't stop the SP shooting up past their barriers, of course 3-4X would be great.

OT - Global risks

The only risks I see are something like a new COVID-21 type event, some cataclysmic "nature" event, a global market crash (not likely, we basically have been/ will continue to be living well enough at the surface of this huge ocean of fiat or nominal money stored in digital/ paper money vaults), WW3 aka North Korea digital wars blowing up badly, or some rogue programmer in some room somewhere getting a a flash crash in enough financial markets ..

1618869807741.png

Update 10 years later: Governments: We'll buy stocks too

Attachments

• 1618871313345.png
    1618871313345.png
    94.2 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
The rampant weekend FUD demoralized the home team leading to a loss and snapping the 2 game winning streak. After the game, Coach Elon had a few words to say about the matter, and that seems to be energizing the team for tomorrow's outing.

(does anyone know how to edit the table below so that the columns aren't so wide? It's not like that on my spreadsheet)

Today
Score:714.63
Margin of W/L:-25.15
Attendance:39,270,059
High - Low:33.60
Season
Record:37-36
Total margin of wins:872.40
Total margin of losses:-863.44
YTD gain/loss:8.961.27%
Best Win:110.58Mar 9
Worst Loss:-68.83Jan 11
Last 10:6-4
Streak:L1
Avg margin of victory:23.58
Avg margin of defeat:-23.98
Avg Attendance:38,380,217
Avg Attendance of Last 10:31,695,724
Avg High - Low:42.01
Avg H - L of Last 10:27.68
Paste in a screen shot?
ARK.PNG

Attachments

• ARK.PNG
    ARK.PNG
    49.1 KB · Views: 60
Last edited by a moderator:
Sheesh I’m honestly pretty amazed we’re going under 700.
I wouldn't get too hopeful. Pre-Market volume is just 178,620, and Max Pain is $730, with a big 'put' wall at the $700 strike.

A 'minutes-long' dip to below $700 was emminently predictable by last Friday's Close (kned kno axe edent)

Not say Wall St. are durdy lying scum, I'm saying that the Media are. But they work for Wall St., soo...

At this point Tesla should actually start going after the press. The way this was covered and the wording can easily constitute as slander and into to harm Tesla as a company/business. I would be fine with Tesla setting aside a couple million to go after them.

Today is the first time I've been inclined to agree that FUD has gone beyond creating confusion or doubt and flat out made factual assertions that either couldn't be fact or had not been verified in any way.

I'm sure there's no point in going after any press outlets, and Elon certainly would never waste the time, but today crossed the line IMO. The clicks are just too enticing.

Shocked that Tesla doesn't engage with this upstanding individual

View attachment 655195
I'll answer that for Gordo.

Stored in people's cars as only certain metrics of intervention are uploaded to Tesla to see. Like hard brake plus jolt of steering wheel will time stamp that clip while the rest of straight line driving will be deleted in due time. It's not the miles that count, but the number of circumstances that require hard disengagements that count in which billions of miles will provide.

You hear Karpathy say "and then I'll call up the fleet to find x, y, z", meaning the data is stored on the fleet, not on their servers.

If CNBC, the NYTimes and all the other idiots out there can speculate, then so can I. A drunk driver fleeing the scene would solve ALL of this. It's late and everyone has been drinking. "Hey, take me out in the car and show Bob what it can do". Covering for a family member is not uncommon. Yes, wild speculation here but anyone holding me to a higher standard than the Old Gray Lady needs to adjust their mindset.

That's the only time I've ever seen this. With that guy's recent history I don't have complete trust. In any case, the SPEED limit for autopilot is still there. AP won't go over 35 in a residential area like that.

A few open questions for anybody that knows these facts:
  1. Did the Driver airbag deploy?
  2. Would that airbag deploy if no one was in the seat?
  3. Was the Driver seatbelt fastened into driving position?
  4. Was the registered owner among those found in the car?
  5. Did the data recorder survive the subsequent pyroevent?
These items seem critical. I find it unseemly for local police to give a Press Conferences excluding basic investigative info.

Last edited: