Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I believe this counts as official information per guidance:
xfk5p9aqs8u61.jpg

Calling it now - nothing the constable initially spread to the media will turn out to be true. They got their clicks, though.

Tesla needs to fix this. I spend about half my time in places that have zero chance of getting a cell signal which means I can't use voice commands in those areas. While I can generally bring up the tire pressure screen with four or five tries at swiping, most of the time I just cause the visualization of the car to do do 360's like it's on a sheet of ice. It seems like Tesla made the swipeable area about 2 pixels tall. I've taken to leaving the TPMS card there as long as I don't need the odometer card. The good thing is the TPMS card is persistent between drives. It will remain there until you swipe it away. Maybe one of you with a Twitter account can tweet Elon about this oversight. The swipeable area to switch cards needs to be made a bit bigger and the area used to rotate the car visualization should be made smaller.

I'm a little embarrassed to report this but I discovered how to switch information cards reliably, every time. Previously I was trying to swipe in a smooth motion which worked fine before the update that enlarged the car visualization. The trick (post-update) is to touch and pause before swiping. Of course an update to allow swiping would make this more intuitive and easier for a beginner to figure out.

Last edited:
Lol @ the CNBC Facebook post regarding Elon stating there was no autopilot engaged.

Elon Musk tweeted a denial that his company’s automated driving systems were involved in a fatal crash in Spring, Texas.

"Tweeted a denial".....not the clear as day data indicated autopilot was not engaged.

Last edited:
This article in the Houston Chronical has new information, discrediting the “4-hours uncontrolled fire” reports by the media:

Woodlands fire chief says Tesla fire example of new technology causing issues

Note: I was able to read it without subscription, as they give one free article without subscription. After that you need to subscribe.
I believe it's all posted as pictures here on twitter.

TLDR, had the fire out in 2-3 minutes. MSM sucks.

This article in the Houston Chronical has new information, discrediting the “4-hours uncontrolled fire” reports by the media:

Woodlands fire chief says Tesla fire example of new technology causing issues

Note: I was able to read it without subscription, as they give one free article without subscription. After that you need to subscribe.
I was able to read it using the iPhone reader view. Says the car was wedged between two trees. I wonder if that made it so they couldn’t open the doors.

The media is such blatantly anti-Tesla propaganda this week. I wonder who really controls the media and what they are so afraid of right now. I don't think I have ever seen such a coordinated and relentless attack narrative on a singular event, even the other Tesla crashes where someone actually was on Autopilot and died like the Model X into the concrete divider and the guy who decapitated himself T-boning a semi truck weren't this blatant.

The media is such blatantly anti-Tesla propaganda this week. I wonder who really controls the media and what they are so afraid of right now. I don't think I have ever seen such a coordinated and relentless attack narrative on a singular event, even the other Tesla crashes where someone actually was on Autopilot and died like the Model X into the concrete divider and the guy who decapitated himself T-boning a semi truck weren't this blatant.
We will see what the story of today will be .. :)

Don't worry .. they won't correct their lies .. just delete them afterwards and people have this nagging "teslas are unsafe" in the back of their mind when they buy the next combution death-trap...

We will see what the story of today will be .. :)

Don't worry .. they won't correct their lies .. just delete them afterwards and people have this nagging "teslas are unsafe" in the back of their mind when they buy the next combution death-trap...
Fire Chief needs some self-study too. He said these Tesla's are made of high strenght steel that our jaws of life can't cut through. Uh, no. A 2018 Model S is made 100% from aluminum. But even the Model 3 (which does use some high strenght steel) does not use in anywhere that would prevent fire/rescue from successfully using the jaws of life. In fareness, he did also say their are no training standards for fire departments and they are left to lurn on their own. Keep studying.

Also, don't sound like "33,000 gal of water" was used to put out the fyre. Lol, first thing yesterday, it was "22,000 gal" but I guess that's inflation for you. Or is it bond yield?

TL;dr Shortzes are the scum of the Earth. They'd sell their own mothers to make a buck.

Last edited:
I don't think I have ever seen such a coordinated and relentless attack narrative on a singular event
Sure you have (don't be dramatic). The first Elon interview with Joe Rogan cost 20% of Mkt Cap (back when Tesla needed capital). The "tweet" (who's memorial day is today) cost 20%. Even the 60 Minutes interview and the New York Times article were only 10%'ers.

Today was a mere 7% at its trough, and less than 3% by A/hrs when Elon's allowed to tweet WITHOUT affecting the SP (expletive deleted). We saw more than 7% last Monday on NOTHING.

Are we not gonna talk about the poor Chinese lady who got paid to jump up and down on a Model 3 at an auto show in China? I hope she got at least $2k because Chinese prison is no joke. Especially when you're in for protest.

I kid you not she had a "brakes don't work" t-shirt on. Must be from the Linette Lopez fan club.

All stops are being pulled out this week. TSLA seems to be plowing right through the noise. Just remember.....you coulda got $1.60 4/23 $800c's this afternoon. Instead we were debating an invisible man.....who will not be discussed.
That lady is detained for 5 days, and issued official apology to Tesla for making the scene.

Shorts were trying to say the CCP propaganda machine “allowed this to happen” means a turnaround of gov’s attitude towards Tesla.
Reality is this kind of “product protests” were business as usual in China auto market, new comer especially challenging new comers would always be welcomed with a smear campaign secretly funded by some “internet PR firm”.

Actually, the fact that this “user” was detained by officials and asked to apologize shows an unusual level of support Tesla is getting, this rarely happens to foreign brands.

Fire Chief needs some self-study too. He said these Tesla's are made of high strenght steel that our jaws of life can't cut through. Uh, no. A 2018 Model S is made 100% from aluminum.
This is not true. The Model S (and Model X) have sections of high-strength and ultra high-strength steel in the b-pillars and top cross members as shown below:

main-qimg-1927688f441ae7cfd3d091295f9c30ee

You can see this steel in the after photos of the burned shell. The steel is what's left behind.

Fire Chief needs some self-study too. He said these Tesla's are made of high strenght steel that our jaws of life can't cut through. Uh, no. A 2018 Model S is made 100% from aluminum. But even the Model 3 (which does use some high strenght steel) does not use in anywhere that would prevent fire/rescue from successfully using the jaws of life. In fareness, he did also say their are no training standards for fire departments and they are left to lurn on their own. Keep studying.

Also, don't sound like "33,000 gal of water" was used to put out the fyre. Lol, first thing yesterday, it was "22,000 gal" but I guess that's inflation for you. Or is it bond yield?

TL;dr Shortzes are the scum of the Earth. They'd sell their own mothers to make a buck.
Yes as a Firefighter who has actually taken Tesla sponsored extrication classes, teaches them and who has actually cut on Tesla’s with late model Edraulic tools including on the Model X with high strength Boron steel in the B pillars, it comes down to a lack of training scenario for this department unfortunately.

Also, zero chance this car was on autopilot, zero chance this damage including fire is done at speeds below 30 mph, and zero chance that either of the people in this vehicle were responsible for this fire assuming they were restrained in respective seats...

Last edited:
This is not true. The Model S (and Model X) have sections of high-strength and ultra high-strength steel in the b-pillars and top cross members as shown below:

main-qimg-1927688f441ae7cfd3d091295f9c30ee

You can see this steel in the after photos of the burned shell. The steel is what's left behind.

Man that's lame posting a image of the Model 3 body structure and calling it the S and the X. Is that why you didn't link to Quora as your source? This is not helpful.

Here's an actual source to that image, which clearly labels it as the Model 3:

Tesla Model 3's body structure is a strategic blend of aluminum and ultra high-strength steel

"Looking at a front quarter exploded view of the Model 3 body, one can see the various compositions of steel the Tesla engineers used across the machine-stamped, multi-layer structure."​

Tesla-Model-3-structures_front.png

That's image is from the Teslarati.com article linked above (hint: don't use Quora.com as a source).

FYI, the Model S body design went into production in 2012, and is 100% aluminum. The Texas crash involved a Model S (and increasing amounts of disinformation).

Sure you have (don't be dramatic). The first Elon interview with Joe Rogan cost 20% of Mkt Cap (back when Tesla needed capital). The "tweet" (who's memorial day is today) cost 20%. Even the 60 Minutes interview and the New York Times article were only 10%'ers.

Today was a mere 7% at its trough, and less than 3% by A/hrs when Elon's allowed to tweet WITHOUT affecting the SP (expletive deleted). We saw more than 7% last Monday on NOTHING.
I was talking about the media narrative, not the SP. I realize that the SP has been much more volatile in the past. But in terms of the media narrative, the saturation bombing, the endless lies and FUD, I know of little comparable to this and it's a total non-event compared to the actual Autopilot-related crashes I mentioned.