Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Max pain for Friday is 720. There is a call wall at 750 and larger one at 800. There are Puts at 700 and 695, and not a whole lot below that. I imagine that MM would rather have Puts end up in the money than Calls. Is that a correct assumption?

Edit: Chart posted three posts down

Ticked off with Yahoo Finance's misinformation so I deleted their app; anyone know a good market / stock tracking app which shows pre-market

The bad will come with good. CNBC App.
"Keep your friends near and your enemies closer " ;)

+Matured a lot in past years, FUD is part of the game and it doesn't bother me that much. The quiet period before Earnings is best time for PEAK FUD, every quarter.

• Informative
Reactions: oldTAVguy
Here is the chart
Max pain.png

Partly because of reflection on Mr. Radcliffe's comments I am nearing the view that terms such as Autopilot and Full Self Driving should be changed. Popular misconceptions fuel idiots doing sometimes fatal 'demonstrations' fed by inebriation and lethal over-confidence.

These very rare but spectacular human failings are now affecting the investment quality.
Thus I suggest changing the names to something less easily misconstrued by over-confident idiots.
That could be done together with a reaffirmation of the factual safety of the systems and a carefully-worded statement that the renaming is being done to reduce the propensity of those idiots to kill themslves and other people.

I'm afraid the FUD has entered your consciousness and rearranged the molecules inside your brain. You are now infected and you require a vaccine. Please locate the nearest Neuralink Research Laboratory and apply for patch #NB420FUDFX.

I'm never against education and public outreach but name-changing is stooping down to the level of the FUD and admitting defeat.

What's in a name? It's whatever you want it to be. You could call Autopilot "lame-ass driver aid that fails every 10 minutes" and people would still attempt deadly and idiotic stunts with it. No, never back down from a winning position and admit defeat. That would confuse people even more.

"Autopilot" is Tesla's tradename for their driver assistance suite of technologies and it's entirely appropriate and 100 times more sophisticated than the best marine autopilots I've used. This is the proper comparison as many more motorists have some exposure to marine autopilots vs. aeronautical autopilots. The name is appropriate - you have been brainwashed by the FUD. As the system continues to improve and become the defacto industry standard by which all other automotive autopilots are measured, it will prove to have been a serious mistake to bow to the very interests that seek to harm Tesla and the movement to sustainable energy. It's no secret that Houston, where the latest crash FUD comes from, is an oil area.

The 800 call wall holds then. I think so as well at this point unless there is some positive Tesla news like Plaid delivery starting.
The insane crash narrative and press blitz needed to have a massive impact inorder for SP to stay below $800 this week.......and here we are!

Might break thru since there's just so....much.....cash out there, but probably not. We shall see.

$750 last week, $800 this week, $900 next week.....MM's avert absolute catastrophe. I'll be very impressed if there's no ATH out of this earnings report.

• Helpful
Reactions: NooB_cat
This was posted yesterday (a reference to something big from Tesla today) :
Apple having an event on 4/20....

Perhaps Apple is announcing some kind of a partnership with Tesla today? Stranger things have happened.
The rumors of Toyota/Tesla coming before Toyota announcing 25 new EVs seems suspicious too. A tesla partnership with either company would be massive.

The rumors of Toyota/Tesla coming before Toyota announcing 25 new EVs seems suspicious too. A tesla partnership with either company would be massive.

I just can't see Toyota partnering up with Tesla. My gut tells me we'd sooner see Toyota, Honda, and Subaru join forces in a consolidated EV tech push before we'd see any of those three partner with Tesla.

But then, I never thought TSLA would get close to $900 in 2021 either and I was very wrong about that, soooooo....

Reactions: phantasms