Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This was posted yesterday (a reference to something big from Tesla today) :
Apple having an event on 4/20....

Perhaps Apple is announcing some kind of a partnership with Tesla today? Stranger things have happened.
I'm still thinking something might be happening with Toyota. I can't say I know, but it seems that Toyota is a lot more reluctant to lie than say, VW. So, when Toyota says they will have 25 BEV models by 2026, one has to wonder how is that possible? All those batteries, drive trains, battery management and operating systems, OTAs etc. Where are they going to come from? I am no expert, but I get the sense that Toyota, at this point in time, is not a front runner In BEV systems development. SO........JMO.

Edit: Sorry. I guess I should have ready the preceding thread on the subject. I could have just "liked".

I just can't see Toyota partnering up with Tesla. My gut tells me we'd sooner see Toyota, Honda, and Subaru join forces in a consolidated EV tech push before we'd see any of those three partner with Tesla.

But then, I never thought TSLA would get close to $900 in 2021 either and I was very wrong about that, soooooo....
The issue with the 25 new EVs in four years is the internal resistance at Toyota to EVs. Unless they have an outside partner that's pro-EV I don't see it happening--at least not on a large scale. I doubt that they will partner with Tesla because the last partnership didn't pan out. My understanding is that it was mainly due to Toyota wanting design changes that Tesla didn't have the capacity for. I would expect the same problem is there today because Tesla can sell all the cars it makes with their own designs. Adding third party designs would just slow things up.

UK dealer discounts of VW Group EVs, big on ID3 (20%), not so big on ID4 (7.5%).

Any EV displacing ICE is good, but Tesla Model Y from Berlin will be compared to ID4 & others (Skoda/Seat versions).

Production & deliveries of Berlin Y will be important for TSLA / investors

1618930847100.png

1618930911577.png

Last edited:
The folks who are gazillionaires because they got in around IPO definitely earned it. Imagine dealing with that FUD for YEARS with no winning.

In contrast those of us who got in 2018 and later have had it pretty easy.
Agreed. TSLA holder since 2012, the FUD was insane, these days is a cakewalk.

We are overly obsessed with one crash, perhaps understandably. Many of us are ignoring @AudubonB, specifically his warning to stop.
Part of the obsession is about vocabulary. The press rarely seems to make any useful contribution. Here is an exception:
Many of us, including @Papafox and me, have railed about the truthful capabilities of typical aircraft autopilots vs popular non-pilot typical perceptions. We have long seen regulators in various places, including both the US and Germany, investigate these issues.

Partly because of reflection on Mr. Radcliffe's comments I am nearing the view that terms such as Autopilot and Full Self Driving should be changed. Popular misconceptions fuel idiots doing sometimes fatal 'demonstrations' fed by inebriation and lethal over-confidence.

These very rare but spectacular human failings are now affecting the investment quality.
Thus I suggest changing the names to something less easily misconstrued by over-confident idiots.
That could be done together with a reaffirmation of the factual safety of the systems and a carefully-worded statement that the renaming is being done to reduce the propensity of those idiots to kill themslves and other people.

The influential Emby-Riddle graduate, Robert Shumwalt, actually knows the difference but both the NTSB budget and his own reputation depend on finding fault. He probably is well aware of the safety of Tesla systems, but is equally adamant that vocabulary is misleading to typical drivers. I have attached him and spoken with him regarding, for example, lithium-ion batteries in transportation (~2013 IIRC). He is very confident of NTSB abilities and is acutely aware and opinionated about the role of training, experience and human error in accidents. That regularly makes him prone to advocate better use of automation, training and vocabulary to reduce accidents, plus reducing severity when an accident happens.

What I think of as the Shumwalt approach often appears to be a bit Luddite and anti-progress. I do not think that that is true. I do think Tesla needs to change nomenclature to stop fault-finding by common people from operators to journalists and regulators.

Words matter.

After some years of this idiocy it's probably time to change the names while proceeding full speed ahead.

I never expected to say these words. Then, at long last, I reviewed some training notes I had from when I taught aircraft systems to aspiring ATP candidates using 1980's vintage 'glass cockpits. Many of them were flummoxed with understanding one, two and three axis autopilots, and even had problems understanding pitot tubes and their limitations. Such lack of awareness has killed many people in aircraft accidents. Aircraft systems regularly change to reduce the effects of human error with aircraft manufacturers held to account for poor explanations and hazardous malfunctions.

We are now at the point that road vehicles need similar approaches. Name changes and initial training will help.
Absolutely not. That’s called dumbing down. It’s also called bending to the will of those who have no business dictating who pees where and when, and who will just turn around and bitch about the new name.

Full steam ahead Tesla. Go around, under, over or through whoever stands in the way in the name of the mission.

I think most folks here understand we're human beings inside a giant nest of human beings. Evolution is happening and at a telescoping rate, you just gotta trust the process!

Big money don't care about FUD, they care about FOOOMOOOOOO! I'm seeing an $800 close Friday and disappointed I've let the media warp my brain into settling for that.
I read every word you write about TSLA and on the subject stocks.
But as far as evolution? well I have to skip the topic of evolution IF I consider the subject of the video you referenced. So on to the video (Without attaching it to the belief that it discusses evolution other than to denote a timeline of change...regardless of origin).
He refers to "truth." And how it will become the next advancement in societies. Truth was valued when all members within a group share a commonality where the truth benefits the group, and every individual in the group. But there is a something far superior and powerful. A lie, or at the very least the withholding of truth/facts. A lie shifts the power of the truth to a few individuals which then gather more power by depriving and manipulating other members of the group of their wealth and resources.
It is unfortunate, but a lie has greater value within the societal "world." Lies are a tool to create and gather wealth that is far more efficient and effective than the truth. All advertising is based on lying. To deceive someone or a segment of a population to the point that the lying party takes a greater share of the resources/wealth is the basis of capitalism and human interaction in advanced societies today.
Only within very small groups are facts and truths more valuable than lies.
The truth becomes less valuable to the person that possesses it when it is shared with more people. Whereas promoting a lie to others increases the value and position of the liars by manipulating those that accept the lie.

And our leaders are continually lying, the vast majority of successful people have lied to become successful.
BTW you look like you have lost some weight. And are far too intelligent than to believe what I think.

Haven't figured out how to block these folks yet.

But looking at the comments is a good way to measure something if you try keep Heisenberg out as much as possible by not commenting.

The thought that occurred to me is that the ability to produce vehicles depends on the fragility/robustness of the supply chain.

I don't see Tesla's EV share dropping if demand is at a level that makes all other manufacturers supply constrained. I understand VW had a lot of X tied up in cars with bad software.

So, the Tesla EV share question is really a question of EV market growth. In most cases there is a time when demand exceeds supply and all manufacturers make money. If Tesla clips this (or sets a level like OPEC/Saudi defines price by turning a tap) by aiming all Giga factories at demand...

I don't see Tesla's EV share going down.