Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A few questions:
Do you think that Tesla can grow enough to complete "the mission" on its own in any reasonable time frame? Or, alternatively, do you think that any of the legacy companies that are trying to get BEV tech up to speed, will do so quickly enough to help the mission in any meaningful way? If Tesla does not "lend" its technology superiority to Toyota (or any other legacy manufacturer), then who will? Please name these companies that are capable? With Tesla's undisputed and unchallenged superiority, time is of the essence for everyone.
Those are great questions. Personally, I think we’re doomed regardless. Too stupid to live and all that. 😉

To try and answer the questions more ‘seriously’.

I believe Tesla will in fact pretty much complete the mission on its own. Whether they do 90% or 75% of the heavy lifting doesn’t matter in the end. Tesla will takeover/absorb/buy/drag everyone into the future. What the future ends up looking like is anybody’s guess. I don’t know if we make it. I can’t even decide if we deserve to make it.

One thing I do think that happens (is already happening) is that former Tesla employees help new/existing companies. Since it’s clear that all the new engineers coming out of schools want to be at Tesla and others not in engineering want to be at Tesla, I think this is another way that other companies are helped over time. If everyone has worked for Tesla/SpaceX/Boring/Neuralink/Starlink/etc... at some point then that accumulated knowledge leaks to other companies.

Thus we come to truly bizarre prefix such as 'auto' which came from the Greek for 'self' or 'independent'.
If we are discussing words, then let us object to the mongrel or bastard word "automobile". "Auto" comes from Greek and "mobile" from Latin, and such a word is offensive to some. For linguistic purity we should call them autokiniles or suimobiles.

Lots of capping this afternoon. Any attempted rise being quickly and skillfully put down by putting in and pulling large orders (just happened at $714.50). Macros, of course, also not helping.

It's called Financial Spoofing. Totally illegal and should be reported to FINRA. Only problem is FINRA is owned and operated by the Spoofers. ( I.e., Goldman, JPM, etc.)

The 1040 was completed, sitting on the desk, staring me down, and I decided to get 'er done.
That's one less thing to forget in the dotage of retirement. :)
If you are retired on Social Security, you can have up to 40% of your check withheld and your wife can have a lessor amount withheld. This should keep you from any penalty situation. For me, this pretty much takes care of the tax question.

• Informative
Reactions: 2daMoon
Judging by the sentiment here (arguing about the name Autopilot again), I say the bottom for this week was in yesterday and we go up from here.
I would say the bottom for SP may be in, but options-wise I'm targeting Thursday afternoon for a reload on 4/30 calls. If we manage to drop down to around $720 on that day's MMD or if volume dries up in the afternoon because algos have decided to try for $750 on Friday.

There is no escape Mr Griffin!

This is obviously going to 800+, big whale wants it up not down.
Pure as day being manipulated to not follow the drop of macros. For the last 3 months Tesla has followed almost every drop with a big multiple...... today it’s just hanging there. Elon tweeting a partial confirmation should not be enough to keep it up on its own. My entire stock list, 95% of the tickers are red

This is obviously going to 800+, big whale wants it up not down.
Pure as day being manipulated to not follow the drop of macros. For the last 3 months Tesla has followed almost every drop with a big multiple...... today it’s just hanging there. Elon tweeting a partial confirmation should not be enough to keep it up on its own. My entire stock list, 95% of the tickers are red

You think so? Could be as simple as strong ER coming up so there’s some buying pressure from algos.

Another cleantech ticker I follow closely (also S&P500, also with expected strong ER coming next week) is showing similar resistance to dropping today.

Because this is the Investor Sector, and the “personal” Elon Musk thread is in another location, I’m posting this here rather than elsewhere, even if it only tangentially redounds to Tesla and TSLA.

I cannot endorse Mr Musk joining the Board of Directors of Endeavor (William Morris Agency, UFC and others). I have a number of reasons, but the most pertinent and, to me, utterly damning one with no possibility of redemption, is that through its upcoming IPO there are to be not one (the only appropriate number), or even two, but SIX ! classes of shares. That is financial plutocracy disguised as capitalism, which it most absolutely is not.

I am appalled and most disappointed in Mr Musk’s decision.