Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Call to action - do vote your shares for Robert Maurer's Question on when the DWS (Dojo Web Services) will be in place.
This is, IMHO and that of some others well versed in AI/ NN tech, a HUGE new source of revenues, on par with Amazon's AWS.

Tesla's SP is valued based on earnings and future expected earnings; DWS will be online and profitable way before the full FSD stack is finished, approved and sold/ accepted. Elon probably will announce that on AI day as tweeted. Adding your shares to this question of Robert M., and asking esp. your whale contacts to add theirs may help get more momentum to crash the FUDsters 750/ 800/ 850 barrier at THIS event.

See more details on my previous post on DWS. I have tried alerted a few others, but so far only Rob Maurer seems to have gotten it - he probably has the better support team. Again, FSD is great but DWS is an equally exciting entrant in the AI Machine Learning space, where currently Amazon, Nvidia and Google have offerings. It is not going to happen in many years, more like next year - AI day is going to be another talent recruiting tool for Tesla.

So, vote your shares, and get others to vote - this is free, and a great way to help Tesla's mission.

View attachment 655741
Would love to get involved except Say hasn't made it possible to link my shares, even though they said they we "on it" two years ago...

TL; DR: It's a start, but don't be misled by the headline, the devil is in the details. Better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick, I guess.

"Rory Harvey, head of Cadillac, said that from now on, the brand will only unveil all-electric vehicles.

The executive did note that the brand’s lineup of internal combustion engine (ICE) vehicles is fairly fresh, and therefore, they plan to keep selling more gas-powered cars for the foreseeable future."

Ford temporarily shutting down multiple plants because of chip shortage.

That's gonna leave a mark.

Traditional auto must be so happy about the chip shortage.
They now finally have an excuse for the lack of demand for ICE vehicles, now that consumers know that EVs are here, are actually good or at least OK, even the non-Tesla ones, and that EVs are the future.
Always nice to have a tailor-made excuse for doing the thing you wanted to do: cut and run. Never admit failure, never admit bad design and bad and dangerous products, never admit to lack of foresight or lack of investing in future technologies. It is all just bad luck that there are no chips.

This should be going up constantly from now on until Monday morning & beyond. The stock already hit 900, and NOTHING has changed except for a bunch of good news......
Who ISNT buying this in the world of finance......bunch of clowns. I hope Tesla realizes some gains on FSD just to stick it to the analcysts(........sp?) :)

If ER reflects anything more than our already monster P&D report this should go skyrocket straight up Gordos you know what.
But, I’ve been wrong before :D
Very surprised we are not at 750+

Cruise control was introduced by Chrysler in 1958. Ironically, it was not called "cruise control", it was called "Auto-Pilot"!

View attachment 655536

Yes, in 1958, before automation had any pretensions of steering or braking the car, it was called "Auto-Pilot". Apparently, that name was too "dry" sounding so they switched to the more luxurious sounding "Cruise Control".

Cruise control was a luxury only item until the oil embargo and high gas prices of the 1970's made it a very sought after feature to reduce gas expenses. People were installing their own vacuum controlled automatic throttles. It was not a quick, easy or cheap mod to make and on most cars it would only work on gentle to moderate up hills depending upon the power of the engine . On downhills the car would still gain speed regardless of the set speed, sometimes allowing dangerously high speeds to be reached if there was a corner at the bottom of the hill.

Ahh, the good ol' days when American Corporations would never misleadingly advertise a mere throttle assistance aid with a word implying it could pilot you on a non-stop flight to Europe. But humans were less gullible in those days and didn't need well-meaning people to point out that it couldn't pilot the car, it could only regulate the throttle. ;)

Tesla's system, while still just a driver's aid, really can pilot the entire car by operating brakes, steering AND throttle. That still doesn't mean it doesn't have to be supervised. 🤪 All Autopilots require human supervision until full autonomy is reached. We still don't have fully autonomous oil tankers, cruise ships or airlines, even though every last one of them have multiple redundant autopilots installed (in case one of them breaks). Very expensive autopilots. A pilot is still required but an autopilot can make the task considerably easier, safer and more pleasant. Autopilots are here to stay.
Great comment.

There's room for a Jeremy Arnold story on the way journalism has handled this latest crash and wildly inaccurate claims on autopilot - Similar to his other refutations of media nonsense around Tesla.
I Talked to Elon Musk about Journalism and the Blood Emeralds Story

Reactions: AZRI11 and Tslynk67
According to Tesla Carriers there are already 11 car carriers scheduled from San Francisco, and one from Shanghai. It is likely that there will be 3 car carriers from Shanghai like last quarter, and one from New York. That makes a total of 15, two more than any other quarter.

If Asia Pacific gets three carriers and Europe 12, then Europe deliveries will be ~20% up QoQ.

Everything looking good for a record Q2
What if battery supply is seriously ramping up... and so the factories are being lit up as well. Extra line in Fremont, merging S/X. There could be some nice guidance come out of the EC.

• Helpful
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Would love to get involved except Say hasn't made it possible to link my shares, even though they said they we "on it" two years ago...
If you didn't know better you would think that a leading tech company could come up with a solution for modernizing shareholder meetings and taking questions from many sources. Including verifying shares owned, to avoid spam or saboteurs asking destructive and annoying questions. (Remember, that role is exclusively reserved for institutional investors doing sabotage from within, witness many a past ER where so-called analyst took pot shots at Tesla and Elon).
You could also add the feature to up-vote questions, based on the number of verified shares. Yes, it is a double process, but... it would still give retail stock owners like ourselves the ability to pool our resources and thus ask questions on equal footing with big institutional investors.

Why not politely ask Tesla to please bring ERs into the modern world? With all their accumulated brain-trust, that is a couple of weeks work for the just hired summer interns. (Oh, and while you're at it, pls fix the sound too)

I'd love for someone at CNBC to ask Ford how many chips they ordered and when. Show me a chart of historical chip orders and production, I think you'll see the root of the "shortage".

You jest, but since the US auto makers' chip shortage is now a matter of the national interest, someone from the government should demand this information before any tax-payer funded action is taken.

You jest, but since the US auto makers' chip shortage is now a matter of the national interest, someone from the government should demand this information before any tax-payer funded action is taken.
Don't make them document anything - you are ruining their great excuse: If not for the lack of chips, they would surely out compete Tesla!
Traditional auto is on a path towards self-destruction. Don't stand in their way.

At some point, a member of the public might make the following childlike, but still (somewhat) useful analysis.
"
It so sad that all the traditional auto manufacturers got cheated and by the evil chip guys! So sad. They are all nice people, not trying to cheat us, or rob us - not at all, kind folks the lot of them. We have to save them!
Hm... I wonder why Tesla still makes a lot of cars. That is weird... why is the chip crises not affecting them ... !?
This is kinda weird: Other electrical cars also have chips and are being built. Hm...
I got it: There must be a weird corrosion happening in the non-electric cars! That's it: It is the only rational explanation: ICE cars are destroying the chips from within.
The solution is obvious: Traditional auto have to shift to electric vehicles. Then the chips will be saved. Problem solved!
"

Last edited:
Until someone just dropped 500,000 shares, three days before earnings .o_O Edit: That’s a $350M trade, on a down trend, when minutes earlier the SP was at the day’s highest. Who has that kind of stock and trades that stupid? Ok, I’ve read others talk about manipulation, but this seems flagrant. @Artful Dodger @Papafox. Comments?
This poor "investor" who is solely looking to "invest wisely" is down a good $3-5M in just three hours. I wonder what he'll tell his wife?

Tesla's family of vehicles sighted in Laguna Seca in potential Model S Plaid track attempt | Teslarati.com

"Several units of the Tesla Model S refresh, together with the rest of the EV maker’s family of vehicles, were recently sighted at the Laguna Seca Raceway. While only images of the vehicles were captured by members of the electric vehicle community, the presence of the flagship sedan in the noted racetrack suggests that Tesla may be looking to test the limits of the Model S Plaid before customer deliveries begin."​

EzdngwLVIAU7Ko3

Sounds like a track day with a family foto op. :D

Cheers!
Saw a refresh S today out in Oak Brook, IL. No plates all dark out.

Attachments

• 0B20CE24-F135-4BA9-940E-CDBD654A6BD1.jpeg
    0B20CE24-F135-4BA9-940E-CDBD654A6BD1.jpeg
    225.1 KB · Views: 78
  • BBA1A68B-4C48-4EC5-AC8C-24B9A27669EA.jpeg
    BBA1A68B-4C48-4EC5-AC8C-24B9A27669EA.jpeg
    209.7 KB · Views: 62

TL; DR: It's a start, but don't be misled by the headline, the devil is in the details. Better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick, I guess.

"Rory Harvey, head of Cadillac, said that from now on, the brand will only unveil all-electric vehicles.

The executive did note that the brand’s lineup of internal combustion engine (ICE) vehicles is fairly fresh, and therefore, they plan to keep selling more fewer gas-powered cars for the foreseeable future."
FIFY.