Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OMG. Telsa haters are just amazingly stupid. I've had the same argument several times now with people about rear seats in Teslas. If your car has electronic child safety locks, then you can't have a manual override because that makes the safety locks worthless. Furthermore, this is the exact same setup that Ford, GM, Kia, BMW, and Volvo (presumably many others) use in their newer/higher end cars. These morons can't understand this simple bit of logic. No wonder they are shorts.

When people decide to hate Tesla they just shut their brains off. It would be interesting if not so annoying.

Would be it be overly conspiracy minded of me to think that this whole market walkdown is a punitive reminder of who's really in charge and what they'll do to us if we step out of line?

Earth Day timing for the leak is suspicious. Cleantech was riding high for once in about 2-3 months. Cleantech also sector where retail made $ in 2020.

What do I know though.

I love a good dip in the afternoon! So tasty.
buythedip.jpg

Annoyed.

Annoyed by the MM and their FUD attacks. Got to give them credit for suppressing the SP prior to earnings...of course it’s pretty easy when you cheat.

Interesting how the whole news cycle is consumed with defeating Tesla safety measures while using AP since Elon said logs indicated AP was NOT engaged. This whole episode sure makes it hard for me to ever trust ANYTHING that I read from ANYWHERE.

Annoyed.

Not good, I guess the seat sensor may not be a thing?

I agree with CR's outrage about this. Tesla should do much better.

The interior camera should detect when the driver slits his wrists, drinks bleach, or crawls out a window at high speed. Given Tesla's expertise in robotics, a robotic arm should reach out from the dashboard and bitchslap the driver's face when such behavior is detected. This should not be a problem technically, since neural nets can distinguish faces from other areas, such as buttocks... although when the driver attempts to exit a window, the car should trap him by raising the glass and apply multiple slaps to the accessible area. Then the car should contact law enforcement, and decelerate over the bumpiest part of the road shoulder to enhance the human behavior modification.

You laugh? All this is technically possible. Tesla could offer it as an option: the Suicidal Drunken Imbecile Package ($20k). Then CR will have to complain that the slaps are too stern, or not stern enough, or totally ineffective if the driver likes to be slapped.

Annoyed.

Annoyed by the MM and their FUD attacks. Got to give them credit for suppressing the SP prior to earnings...of course it’s pretty easy when you cheat.

Interesting how the whole news cycle is consumed with defeating Tesla safety measures while using AP since Elon said logs indicated AP was NOT engaged. This whole episode sure makes it hard for me to ever trust ANYTHING that I read from ANYWHERE.

Annoyed.

They are trying to send the dialogue down the "nanny state" vs. "individual responsibility" path, where a number of product liability/policy debates end up and become political quagmire. That's how you stop anything in its tracks - just make it as political as possible and get everyone triggered. Anything but the data.

I agree with CR's outrage about this. Tesla should do much better.

The interior camera should detect when the driver slits his wrists, drinks bleach, or crawls out a window at high speed. Given Tesla's expertise in robotics, a robotic arm should reach out from the dashboard and bitchslap the driver's face when such behavior is detected. This should not be a problem technically, since neural nets can distinguish faces from other areas, such as buttocks... although when the driver attempts to exit a window, the car should trap him by raising the glass and apply multiple slaps to the accessible area. Then the car should contact law enforcement, and decelerate over the bumpiest part of the road shoulder to enhance the human behavior modification.

You laugh? All this is technically possible. Tesla could offer it as an option: the Suicidal Drunken Imbecile Package ($20k). Then CR will have to complain that the slaps are too stern, or not stern enough, or totally ineffective if the driver likes to be slapped.
You guys entertain me more than the markets do.

Fortunately, the sort of people who routinely fall for this sort of FUD from their "trusted" sources also aren't the sort of "thinking consumer" who would choose a Tesla anyway.

Tesla's eventual monumental success is only somewhat delayed, while giving those who are behind in the race a chance to catch up while the market decides whether those other OEMs will survive, reorganize, or go away. Until battery production is ramped, Tesla couldn't support the demand right now if all the news were based in reason and fact. The smart money will continue buying Tesla and TSLA, and as those among the ranks of the not-so-smart money gets the 411 on how they have been duped they will continue to dribble in as new customers and shareholders.

This TSLA dip is worth it to watch the utter wastes of space on CNBC foam at the mouth at paying a mildly progressive tax on their rackets. I also have literally $.98 cash in my accounts, so it hurts even worse to not be able to buy.

You get IRAs, HSAs, a million other workarounds, plus a $1M/yr income buffer before any of this kicks in. Personally I'd rather just see capital gains treated as normal income within a 1980s Reagan progressive tax schedule.