Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I keep seeing all these EVs and their modern designs with vertical screens in the middle console and in my head I am screaming "They are copying Tesla! :mad:" but then I'm like wait a second....... they are copying what Tesla was doing 8 years ago! 🤣 Tesla has moved onto the horizontal screen for the center console (3,Y,S/X refresh, CT). (I still don't understand the need for all the buttons/switches)

1fordmerc.JPG

The competition really are years behind in more than 1 way. Can't wait for Monday's ER! 🤑

p.s. From 1st hand experience vertical screen is not ideal for Netflix/media consumption. These other companies are already shooting themselves in the foot.

Ads are for spreading lies. Other than the FSD timeline, Tesla is about the truth. We need a Dominion type lawsuit. That stopped their FUD from media outlets.
Exactly. We're moving past the era of advertising, no need to take steps backwards. Snickers after all does not actually satisfy.

That being said, Guinness DOES give you strength!

p.s. From 1st hand experience vertical screen is not ideal for Netflix/media consumption. These other companies are already shooting themselves in the foot.
Specifically for this point, not really. How many months, years are legacy auto from offering an autonomous vehicle that would benefit from Netflix consumption (assuming they are still around)? You don’t think an interior refresh works with this timeline?

Reactions: FireMedic
Well, I’m thinking about giving things another week, and if nothing positive happens SP-wise, I think I'll cash out about 10% TSLA and redeploy into a couple of the non-TSLA ARK ETFs. I don’t see any big catalysts until the new factories start coming on-line.
So, you’re saying we’re about where exactly on this graph?
9561B5D8-FBEF-4CFC-9A1B-A09F9084F8CB.jpeg

Putting even just half that onto EV ads can make HUGE impacts on Tesla's business in the long run and probably make places like CNBC to be careful before writing FUDs because now TSLA will be an ad gorilla that spends almost 1B on ads every year. And with all that money coming from regulatory credits, it speaks volumes.
Sure--as long as Tesla pays more than the rest of the auto and oil industry combined. Otherwise, it's just money thrown away.

Sorry, no quotation for me yet on solar roof in Canada. My wife is an electrical engineer at HQ and calculated it would take more than 60 years for a solar roof to pay itself. We pay hydroelectricity 0.06$ per kWh.

She’s a supporter of the powewall because of the more frequent outages because the administrators have cut the maintenance on the grid for the last 5 years so save costs so we get more and more outages from trees falling on distribution lines during storms.

If she’s really counting the pennies, it is far cheaper to buy a generator than it is to use batteries. Just saying.

But we may use the Cybertruck as a portable powerwall instead. Might be a powertruck.

This! Tesla missed a trick when they decided Vehicle to Grid wasn’t worth it. And I agree, I don’t think it makes sense either. But the closely related Vehicle to House for surviving the occasional power outage is very, very useful. Just give me a 30 A, 240V outlet (7.2 kW) so that I can power house essentials during a power outage and I’ll be really happy.

Would really like to see this on all EVs, even as a third party add on.

Last edited:
(I still don't understand the need for all the buttons/switches)
Generally when the buttons stop working, people purchase a new car rather than spend the money repairing them because repairs of buttons or switches always seems way too expensive for what they they are.

If she’s really counting the pennies, it is far cheaper to buy a generator than it is to use batteries. Just saying.

This! Tesla missed a trick when they decided Vehicle to Grid wasn’t worth it. And I agree, I don’t think it makes sense either. But the closely related Vehicle to House for surviving the occasional power outage is very, very useful. Just give me a 30 A, 240V outlet (7.2 kW) so that I can power house essentials during a power outage and I’ll be really happy.

Would really like to see this on all EVs, even as a third party add on.
CT will have a 240v outlet in the back which will be at least 30A. I'm very excited for that feature for that exact reason. I could power some essential home items and get rid of my mini generator that just collects dust all year.

Generally when the buttons stop working, people purchase a new car rather than spend the money repairing them because repairs of buttons or switches always seems way too expensive for what they they are.
My rental while the 3 is getting stealth wrap and detail etc.

OMG look at it. So. Many. Buttons. Not to mention all the pointless sources of information like tach, fake oil/coolant temp... It's genuinely confusing.
IMG_2328.jpegIMG_2327.jpeg