Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
An analyst is going to bring up the "Autopilot safety issue" at the call today.

And Elon will rip into the media.

And it will be a beautiful thing.
3 years ago Elon said CR was quality so therefore we can't complain about perceived bias at CR or at least clickbait nonsense.
-TSLAQ

They got us this time boys and girls!

musical guests don't have a script. you're trying way too hard. it's a show where the hosts read jokes off cue cards, not an improv session. at no point will Elon be speaking off the cuff. for someone who claims to watch it all the time, it's disturbing that this is news to you.
(OT, so last post from me on this).

Then surely there wouldn't be a list of folks banned from the show, some of which were hosts who went off-script...

Oh wait.... THERE IS...

I guess "fascinating" is one word to describe it - I can think of some other choice words! (-;
Before investing in Tesla I wouldn't have given two about this stuff, but now, my engineering brain is amazed this kind of thing even exists. Seems like decades of financial folks trying to find loopholes and sneaky ways to making money.

I know Tesla will prevail. After working there on AP; it is a certainty just as anything else that is a certainty. It is just a matter of time.

"They" are now fighting $740. Pretty obvious that they do not want TSLA to cross this psychologically important level. Capping occurring right now at $740 (order to sell 10,100 shares was just put in and pulled as it achieved the desired impact).
Apparently it's implied there's a 7.5% move possible in either direction. 7.5% on $740 brings us to $795.50, which id just below the huge call-wall at $800, so maybe this is the rationale?

An analyst is going to bring up the "Autopilot safety issue" at the call today.

And Elon will rip into the media.

And it will be a beautiful thing.
Analyst questions commitment to safety:

1619452170886.png

Elon: This Is Tesla!

Apparently it's implied there's a 7.5% move possible in either direction. 7.5% on $740 brings us to $795.50, which id just below the huge call-wall at $800, so maybe this is the rationale?

Even though I got lucky with some short term Calls and I have LEAPS......I hate options and they should go away. The whole thing is rigged. Those with all the money and power can just do what they want with a stock and thus greatly drop the value of options at will and then turn around, buy those Calls on the the cheap, and get exponential gains as it goes higher.

I fully understand what's going on with options and MM's, but at this point the lack of volume tells me a lot of Wall St is in on it and coordinating behind the scenes.

Tesla was at 900/share earlier in Jan and had record deliveries in the following quarter, during the weakest quarter of the year with no S/X sales and you're telling me no one's willing to jump in the day of earnings when the stock is at 738 with some buying volume???? The SEC is a total joke.

From MarketWatch:

"In our call of the day, Mott Capital’s Michael Kramer said he wouldn’t be surprised to see Tesla post a “monster earnings beat.”

The reason is simple, bitcoin rose dramatically during the first quarter, and those unrealized gains will show up under other income. So you are wise to factor that into understanding how strong results are.” Elon Musk’s company bought $1.5 billion in bitcoin in February, after which the cryptocurrency rose to fresh all-time highs in April before pulling back. Tesla has already reported first-quarter deliveries that smashed expectations."

I know that we here on TMC are much more knowledgeable about certain topics. But I would think anal-ysts would at least know how over-arching issues such as bitcoin valuation works. Investors who depend on analysts' research and recommendations may as well throw darts at the WSJ stock page.

Indeed. At the moment, Tesla is showing in the US only 1 Model 3 available and 2 Model Ys in inventory.
View attachment 657112
In Norway + Sweden they have sold a total of 20 (7+13) cars in April. That's extremely few compared even to previous Q1. That's in a market with 15 million people. There are zero cars in inventory. First ships with more cars are about two weeks out but expect new stories about lack of demand from TslaQ at the end of month.