Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's not the way it'd done. Tesla has to release the 10-Q before taking such a corporate action.

If it's coming, look for a similar timeline to Q3 2020 (ie: 3rd wk of 2nd mth of the qtr)

Are you sure about that? Just looking around, the only rules that I see for a company wanting to do a stock split is they have to notify the SEC 10 days before the actual split date.

Elon already has approval from the board to do a 2 for 1 stock split. If they wanted to a larger stock split, then they would need to get board approval.

• Informative
Reactions: j6Lpi429@3j
That's not the way it'd done. Tesla has to release the 10-Q before taking such a corporate action.

If it's coming, look for a similar timeline to Q3 2020 (ie: 3rd wk of 2nd mth of the qtr)
Also, take the proper corporate steps this year to be able to do more than 2:1 (or current max) share dividend and then just keep issuing frequent share dividends until the naked shorts comply. This sucks and I am sick of it.

Last edited:
Are you sure about that? Just looking around, the only rules that I see for a company wanting to do a stock split is they have to notify the SEC 10 days before the actual split date.

Elon already has approval from the board to do a 2 for 1 stock split. If they wanted to a larger stock split, then they would need to get board approval.

IIRC they don't have enough authorized shares for 2:1 counting stock based compensation.

TSLA q1 ER all the way up to this afternoon to everybody:
d17576becde65ee9ca0368be8969fac9.jpg

Reactions: Big Time
I'm no subject matter expert, but I believe the consensus here after discussion is that the FSD cpu is not well suited for "hashing" (bitcoin mining).

Tesla could however sell me a solar/powerwall/money mine... :D

Cheers!
The FSD chip is not any good at hashing bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency but the gaming unit installed in the refreshed Model S / X is a full fledged gaming setup and those can hash anything you like. Not only that but it's a separate unit that doesn't affect the dash, center screen (MFD), or driving in any way.

The FSD chip is not any good at hashing bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency but the gaming unit installed in the refreshed Model S / X is a full fledged gaming setup and those can hash anything you like. Not only that but it's a separate unit that doesn't affect the dash, center screen (MFD), or driving in any way.
Perhaps. However, FSD & RT will be worth more than crypto mining so focus on that Tesla, pls.

Reactions: Chunky Jr.
At least it would stop the complaints about phantom drain.

GPU mining is no longer profitable for BTC mining although if there's at least 8GB of VRAM, it could used for Etherium (to trade to BTC).

Sold 1/3 of available covered calls for Jan 2023, 1500 strike. They paid much better than June 2022. Of course, if FSD becomes a reality in the next 1.5 years we could blow through that strike. Hoping for a large beat in the next 15 minutes and much higher SP by the end of the week, so I can sell more CC for higher strikes.

• Helpful
Reactions: Don TLR