Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have posted a portion of my strenuous misgivings regarding the CyberLandr in the appropriate thread re same; where it applies to Tesla/TSLA is were this project - which I deem as probably fraudulent and most certainly so pie-in-the-sky naive as to make all discussion of FSD as being laughably minuscule - to implode as I see a certainty, then there likely would redound to Tesla via the Cybertruck quite some ugliness.

I took a rare (second time in 4 or so years) peek into Electrek and was at least a small bit heartened to read some commentators also raising questions regarding the physical impossibility of this CGI dream.

If you want a Tardis, go watch Dr. Who.

With the amount of money they are raising from pre-orders and the amount they intend to sell these shells for, I have no doubt they can deliver something like the CGI render and maybe even make money doing it. But then people will figure out it's not really a functional camper in the way they imagined, that there is not enough interior space for it to be useful as envisioned. And then there will be no more buyers and the whole thing will fold.

Some people are claiming fraud, I say it looks more like stupidity on a massive scale. I hope no one here put a deposit down!
As PT Barnum or was it Trevor Milton who said "A sucker is born every minute".

• Funny
Reactions: capster
~~~THE DISCUSSION RE THE WOODLANDS CRASH is once again being jibberjabbered about here in the kind of ways that appropriately got it axed before. Just because it’s important DOES NOT MEAN that all postings of it belong here.
Reminder that we do have a dedicated thread to discuss the details Tesla investor car crash thread

By charging the highest price you can get in parts of California, and some other areas, you will price yourself out of almost every other market.

I refuse to believe it's Elons goal to get 10% of Tesla drivers to pay a very hig amount and the other 90% saying no way. Rather I think he wants to get 90% to find it at least within a price range that they could consider. That means leaving some money on the table from the California folks but so be it.

Reading the comments and scenarios folks have suggested it seems to me that there could easily be tiers of FSD subscriptions to fit different customer types.

Tier 1 FREE Plus - make your car part of the Robotaxi fleet and get FSD free when you are using the car for personal travel. Plus, make money the rest of the time.

Tier 2 Private use - minimal monthly fee ($50?) and some pittance per mile of actual use. Easy to turn on or off monthly, as desired. Commercial use prohibited for Tier 2.

Tier 3 Professional use - for cars that rack up the miles. Such as Employer-provided cars. When paying a flat monthly fee beats Tier 2 pricing due to high mileage use. Possibly managed as a Company Robotaxi on the Tesla network for employee use only.

Tier 4 Lifetime - One time fee. Registered to the VIN, remains with car when sold.

Last edited:
After-action Report: (SigMet) Fri, Apr 30, 2021

TSLA 30-day Closing Avg Market Cap: $683.08B
TSLA 6-mth Closing Avg Market Cap: $650.02B
Mkt Cap for 12th tranche ($650B) likely achieved TODAY
Nota Bene: 2021-Q1 10-Q Operational Milestones (chart at link).​

Paging @The Accountant

Is 704 a number you tea readers find important?
No. The Magic Number today is 707.07

Bonus pts if you guess why b4 da clos.

Being a TSLA shareholder, I don't care if the first generation of Cybertruck buyers are going to be posers. But they are going to be posers.
Easy to spot:

1.) Never towed anything.
2.) Heaviest load is an IKEA bookshelf or Costco TV.
3.) Parks their CT in a garage instead of outside like every single other truck owner.

Lastly, they do not buy monstrosities like this "CyberCamper". Campers are shaped the way they are because you need to maximize utility and not aero.

Tow a travel trailer like any respectable adventurer would. 🤣

Reminder that we do have a dedicated thread to discuss the details Tesla investor car crash thread
I am not going start a discussion about the crash here, but it is starting to looking like another case of an incompetent(or corrupt, or both) local gov official who is deliberately trying to hurt TSLA and Tesla.

In this case, it appears an official that might not even been present at the scene was asserting an narrative with 100% certainty, which turns out contradicts with details coming out firsthand from first responders.

And if this new rumor is true, that local gov might’ve been withholding critical evidence from public to keep the false narrative circulating in MSM, we might have a case here.

Another glaring example might be the one who insisted to keep Tesla factory closed last spring against federal rules.

Someone should sue the hell out of them to figure out what is exactly going on.

If Tesla doesn’t care, could it be a class action suit from share holders?

Is this true?

"None of this is to say that Tesla can't be successful in a world where it faces more competition. But turning a profit is is going to get harder with each passing year."

State of the art factories in all major markets with product standardization a factor of 3 times better than most competitors, lower cost distribution that scales better, no mixed signals from the distribution network...

it seems like turning a profit would be easier with each passing year if your architecture scales at fundamentally lower cost.

You can't make this stuff up! Here is the author's Linkedin profile:
  • Empire Lakewood Nissan Inc Graphic

Finance Manager​

Empire Lakewood Nissan Inc

Nov 2019 - Present1 year 6 months
    Lakewood CO

Finance Director​

Pollard Jeep​

Mar 2019 - Nov 20199 months
    Boulder, Colorado

Finance Director​

RV Four Seasons​

Mar 2016 - Dec 20182 years 10 months
    Wheat Ridge

General Sales Manager

Courtesy Mazda

Sep 2015 - Feb 20166 months
    LONGMONT CO

• Interstate Ford Graphic

F&i director​

Interstate Ford

Mar 2009 - Sep 20156 years 7 months
    DACONO CO
  • F&I DIRECTOR​

SATURN NORTH​

Jul 1998 - Mar 200910 years 9 months

Being a TSLA shareholder, I don't care if the first generation of Cybertruck buyers are going to be posers. But they are going to be posers.
Easy to spot:

1.) Never towed anything.
2.) Heaviest load is an IKEA bookshelf or Costco TV.
3.) Parks their CT in a garage instead of outside like every single other truck owner.

Lastly, they do not buy monstrosities like this "CyberCamper". Campers are shaped the way they are because you need to maximize utility and not aero.

Tow a travel trailer like any respectable adventurer would. 🤣
I drove a pickup for 20 years, so I don't consider myself a poser. I plan on parking in my garage every night. I don't think my wall connector would reach out to the driveway. ;)