Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fremont flyover - May 3, 2021

The factory is buzzing again: there is new construction behind the GA 4.5 line, refresh S&X and Semi on the track and delivery lot half full. It seems they were painting the delivery lot guiding lines over the weekend - work is still ongoing. Enjoy

Am I the only one that gets the impression that the Gigapresses are outpacing the rest of assembly?

Am I the only one that gets the impression that the Gigapresses are outpacing the rest of assembly?

They may be stockpiling Model Y rear castings, for a future shift to front and rear castings for Plaid+ Model S/X.

That is if Model S/X are going to have castings..

They may have been testing a Model Y front casting at Austin.

So if Model S/X are not going to have castings, Fremont may move to front and rear castings for Model Y.

Breaking:

View attachment 659271

TL;DR:

View attachment 659272

Insightful analysis (judging from the headline), but believe it or not, I have an even better idea. To survive the coming onslaught of killer competition, Tesla might have to merge with Lost Surfboards.

The electric surfboard market is virtually untapped... well, totally untapped because world-class athletes have not yet realized the benefits of Riding The Pipeline on a board you don't have to balance. SpaceX's hydraulic thruster technology that keeps a drone ship under a landing rocket could be miniaturized to keep a surfboard under an athlete. Higher margin options could include the Shark Shocker Plus, a wildlife defense system that only requires the user to shove the board in a predator's mouth.

The addressable market for this transportation innovation must be almost $82.95: Consumer Reports would buy one to declare it unsafe.

Could S and X delays have something to do with HW4?

See this post from Dodger:- Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

The official reason is :-

"There's just a lot of issues encountered, ensuring that the new battery was super safe was quite hard as we're putting more energy in a smaller space. So it took quite a bit of of development to ensure that the battery of the new S/X is safe."

Keep in mind they are probably talking about a new 18650 battery here.... it is hard to resist the temptation to speculate, but I am trying....

Last edited:
Yes, in Berlin the original drawings made it look like the first building was one of four very similar ones built next to each other, each with a cut off corner. Haven't seen that picture being used by Tesla for a long time and with some other buildings, and the switchyard, already built or starting to be built where the next quarter would be means it won't really look like that at all.

The shape of the latest tree clearings they've done makes it hard to figure out what they are thinking for the next phase.

@ByeByeJohnny I'm not sure what you are talking about. One of the original renderings:

1620093829533.png

and the current state:

1620093894457.png

Other than the corner missing the fancy entry way on the corner it looks like they are right on track to build it very closely to the rendering. (Well there are way more roof penetrations which means there isn't going to be anywhere near as much solar installed as the rendering.)

i.e. Everyone can make it work in a PowerPoint...

@ByeByeJohnny I'm not sure what you are talking about. One of the original renderings:

View attachment 659332

and the current state:

View attachment 659333

Other than the corner missing the fancy entry way on the corner it looks like they are right on track to build it very closely to the rendering. (Well there are way more roof penetrations which means there isn't going to be anywhere near as much solar installed as the rendering.)

I could swear there are/were early renderings that had four of those mirrored very close together. No idea how to google that. Might have dreamt but I seldom dream of buildings. Strange I know considering how many youtube videos I watch of them.

Either way they are not gonna build two million cars in this building as many has suggested is the end goal in both Berlin and Austin.

Not sure what it indicates but there are also a lot more trees cut down than in the rendering you show.

• Informative
Reactions: BrownOuttaSpec

View attachment 659332

and the current state:

View attachment 659333

Six-Month Delay on GigaBerlin Lobby!

Useless people like GJ like nothing more than people trashing them. They simply need attention to remain relevant.

We're literally keeping this guy's career afloat posting, linking, and talking about his nonsense.

I made this point today to someone. They were yelling at a person who some think is a shill of some sort for Ford or anti-Tesla at least. I suggested that I didn't think that was the case, but if it were true they were playing right into that person's hands.

I could swear there are/were early renderings that had four of those mirrored very close together. No idea how to google that. Might have dreamt but I seldom dream of buildings. Strange I know considering how many youtube videos I watch of them.

Either way they are not gonna build two million cars in this building as many has suggested is the end goal in both Berlin and Austin.

Not sure what it indicates but there are also a lot more trees cut down than in the rendering you show.

Maybe you were looking at this:

1620097216630.png

Notice that the DU building is just a portion of the next big building there...

Show your work; why won't they?

Reactions: FireMedic

The companies attributed the terms of the amended deal to “changing conditions” in the automotive lidar industry.

Lidar peers Ouster Inc and Peter Thiel-backed Luminar Technologies Inc, which also took the SPAC route to get publicly listed, have lost 10% and 22% of their value, respectively, since making their market debuts.