Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are they attempting 600 this week?
Or are these the fake ones that get pulled last minute to confuse the market?

1620140358347.png

• Funny
Reactions: Artful Dodger
More headwinds for Old Auto, tailwinds for Tesla...

Bloomberg: Carbon Hits Record 50 Euros on Tighter Pollution Rules

"EU leaders are due to debate enacting the stricter pollution target for the next decade at an extraordinary summit in Brussels on May 23."

Article doesn't spell out what exactly is so "extraordinary" about the meeting, but I'm of the contrary opinion that not only will Tesla be getting more ZEV credits in the future, they will also be worth more money per credit, because Old Auto will fail-to-deliver (pun intended).

Can you say, "More free Tesla factories paid for by the competition?"

Thanks for sharing, a worthwhile watch.

I agree that Tesla and Idra seem cut from the same cloth, a match made in heaven. Not sure if Tesla should buy Idra, however, because Big Tech is already under the monopoly microscope from politicians. Tesla might be better served by continuing to foster their relationship with Idra and seeing where it goes, allowing them both maximum flexibility and agility. In any event, Idra's casting machine coupled with SpaceX/Tesla's proprietary materials is a winning combination for both companies and one that is not likely to go away anytime soon. (By the way, does anyone else here feel like Idra's promotional videos are shot by the same people who do Tesla's? They appear the same to me....just a thought. Also funny that Idra's CEO has adopted the "Gigapress" term, yet another head nod to Tesla)

Tesla's relentless focus on fewer parts and factory volumetric efficiency cannot be stressed enough. When CT comes out, the simple three-part cast frame bonded to the folded origami-like body will save so much time, money and factory space as to render all other competitors nearly obsolete. Old Auto already has too much 19th-century inertia and dead-weight strapped to them, I cannot see how they are going to avoid the Tesla tsunami.

If you're feeling sad about today's SP action, watch this video, it may cheer you up.
Thank you. This is great!...

If there is any air in the cavity when they shoot the aluminum in, the part will be porous, bad and unreliable. This says the seal perimeter has to be clean and easily cleanable, or super long path, or forgiving seal geometry and you need two presses.

Maybe two stages of evacuation like an o-ring cavity that is a vacuum chamber that buffers the exposure of the main cavity to air leaks.

Really bad situation when it does not work. Standby must be hot...

So always in pairs running at 40% max rate. When a part quality drops below threshold on one, the settings on the other get changed to 80% max run rate.

Sort of says 24 hour production as getting it started might take a few practice shots. Better if it runs continuously with no starting issues.

This says TSLA will be motivated to produce based on return on invested capital... Sort of says you don't want customers waiting for sales, so take speculation out of the demand motivation with very stable pricing to keep demand stable. Boats can be a helpful way to buffer demand. That means overseas markets.

Re when the first robotaxi ride will take place, no idea - BUT where, my guess would be Las Vegas first since they already will have a fleet with monitoring drivers there re with the Boring tunnel.

No, Tesla does not have a fleet with monitoring drivers in Las Vegas. However, The Boring Company does... I don't know if Tesla would use TBC as a guinea pig or not.

I'm all paid up on taxes and have dry powder. I was saving it for the actual market crash, but this is an early treat. Macro schmacrow, TSLA gonna return as we get closer to SNL. Doge is doing quite well I see, so I think that's what "they're" trying to prevent with TSLA.

Keep in mind, SLN is likely going to make huge fun of gasoline! I can see young Elon siphoning gas, gets a mouthful trying, girlfriend turns her head in disgust. Then someone lights a cigarette - Fire Marshall Bill (Jim Carrey) to the rescue! Oh, but they need how much water exactly, like 8 oz? There is so much material!

We could all write a few good skits really. Can't wait for the SLN show of the century!

Thank you. This is great!...

If there is any air in the cavity when they shoot the aluminum in, the part will be porous, bad and unreliable. This says the seal perimeter has to be clean and easily cleanable, or super long path, or forgiving seal geometry and you need two presses.

Maybe two stages of evacuation like an o-ring cavity that is a vacuum chamber that buffers the exposure of the main cavity to air leaks.

Really bad situation when it does not work. Standby must be hot...

So always in pairs running at 40% max rate. When a part quality drops below threshold on one, the settings on the other get changed to 80% max run rate.

Sort of says 24 hour production as getting it started might take a few practice shots. Better if it runs continuously with no starting issues.

This says TSLA will be motivated to produce based on return on invested capital... Sort of says you don't want customers waiting for sales, so take speculation out of the demand motivation with very stable pricing to keep demand stable. Boats can be a helpful way to buffer demand. That means overseas markets.
OT... Seals?
I'm guessing tool steel against tool steel. 20 ms speed works to their advantage so it can be dynamic I think. Just have the vacuum accumulator ready and it's all just timing. I did not see any mold flash in any videos, which tells me those tool faces are vacuum ready. Maybe the vacuum doesn't sit at the parting line (where venting normally occurs). I really can't wait to see other things applied.

Maybe the new casting process cost drops below plastic and everything turns metal in the future? SpaceX metal, 100% recycled (no, really this time). I wonder what it tastes like, and please put some other minerals in there too and thick enough so it doesn't dent.

Hmmm, it seems Elon should fact check his memory before shooting off comments on twitter:

He is (rightfully) upset when journalists are twisting facts to suite their agenda instead of reporting reality. So he should follow his own advice and not commit the same mistake. Probably, he is relying on faulty memory that is heavily colored by negative emotions toward some person he had disputes with, but that does not justify publishing false information. It is one thing to make an incorrect statement of fact during a diner conversation based on faulty memory, but it is quite another publishing it on twitter with millions of followers. His voice is more powerful than most journalists, so he should hold himself to the same standards he expect from them.

Hmmm, it seems Elon should fact check his memory before shooting off comments on twitter:

He is (rightfully) upset when journalists are twisting facts to suite their agenda instead of reporting reality. So he should follow his own advice and not commit the same mistake. Probably, he is relying on faulty memory that is heavily colored by negative emotions toward some person he had disputes with, but that does not justify publishing false information. It is one thing to make an incorrect statement of fact during a diner conversation based on faulty memory, but it is quite another publishing it on twitter with millions of followers. His voice is more powerful than most journalists, so he should hold himself to the same standards he expect from them.
Elon should just ignore it. But I think this is a grey area. Chief engineer implies that you were the main guy building the thing (to me at least), VP of Engineering could have been a very hands off role.

Reactions: SOULPEDL

Perhaps Elon viewed JB as "chief engineer," as JB was involved in all aspects of Tesla engineering, whereas Rawlinson was mostly involved in vehicle engineering.

German newspaper urging Germans to short Tesla. I know there is a group who doesn’t want to see GigaBerlin but think they are resigned to it happening. Maybe someone from the auto worker union anti-EVs although all Europe is pushing EVs? Has a US newspaper ever come out urging investors to short a foreign company stock? Rather shocked to see this.

I am Chief Engineer of the little screw that holds the Model 3 console hinge together.

Elon should just ignore it. But I think this is a grey area. Chief engineer implies that you were the main guy building the thing (to me at least), VP of Engineering could have been a very hands off role.
The Tesla blog post about the hiring clearly states "Chief Vehicle Engineer", so I would treat that as the most accurate info. (not either man's memory)
1620149206918.png