Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Meh, plenty of convenient omissions and inaccuracies in there. Maybe I've got my Tesla-colored glasses on, but it reads like an ad for Ford. At least they prefaced the article with a headline saying they're not gonna look at the fundamental performance and value relative to other options.

Model 3 starts at $40,190? I'm seeing $38,990 for standard range on the website, even after recent price hikes. And isn't there still a $36k variant you can order off-menu?

The Mach-E "costs" $35,395........after undetailed tax credits. Implying the Ford is always going to be cheaper, not just for the 5 minutes before Ford can hit 200k EV units.
Agree, still biased. Sneaky actually.
They made charging seem like a breeze, which is contrary to some of the Mach-E Youtube reviews, especially when there are no superchargers available to Ford.
But me thinks this helps Tesla, bc whatever the sentiment for the Mach-e, it's about 2x better with Superchargers! I'm at 80% charged and ready to go before I can flush. So their example of getting a table for lunch is wide open to interpretation - subjective reporting. A true assessment of time and convenience would be to actually time things. But I don't think that's the issue bc the assumption is that electrons are actually flowing into the vehicle (oh wait, they leave the car don't they - OK that's OT for sure).

Am I the only one who is starting to be concerned about Elon’s safety…?

I've been concerned about Elon's safety since 2018 but I think his security is more effective than it appears.

Some people's security is all-show, no-go. Dark glasses, bulges in their Italian suits where there are weapons, walkie-talkies, etc. But you can bet Elon has smart security. People extremely competent at what they do. Not because they are tough, heavily armed or dressed in fancy suits, but because they use first-principles thinking to protect from potential threats.

I think anyone trying something evil might end up in a bigger world of hurt than they could have imagined.

Nice, so because poor people can't afford it, make it more expensive for everyone else. Not to mention it's not like that money is going to taxes where it could theoretically be used to lower solar for less wealthy residents; the money will just go straight to the utility companies profits.

It's kind of hard to imagine this passes the full house, much less the Governor's desk. Any Cali politics watchers care to comment?
I’ll comment. Don’t ever underestimate the power of lobbyists to buy politicians. Think of the environmental impact of essentially killing PV in sunny California. I can’t move out of this state fast enough...

Am I the only one who is starting to be concerned about Elon’s safety…?
The backlash from anything here would be 10X. This is how I cope with that though. Cutting off the head can make things much worse. It would be the thing to do in order to accelerate the transition to Electric. The technology is here already, just growth and execution from here on out.

Reactions: gabeincal
I've been concerned about Elon's safety since 2018 but I think his security is more effective than it appears.

Some people's security is all-show, no-go. Dark glasses, bulges in their Italian suits where there are weapons, walkie-talkies, etc. But you can bet Elon has smart security. People extremely competent at what they do. Not because they are tough, heavily armed or dressed in fancy suits, but because they use first-principles thinking to protect from potential threats.

Let's hope so, but this is only what we think. I do hope all goes well and Elon lives loooong se he'll be able to go to Mars. I'd not mind going there myself.

I think anyone trying something evil might end up in a bigger world of hurt than they could have imagined.
Perhaps so, but why take chances? I'm not happy about his exchange with those autograph seekers.

Yep, she's one of our reps for the area, sadly.

You look through her election finance reports, the big utility SDG&E made large campaign finance contributions to her campaign, so this appears to be her "paying them back."

And if you read her "reasoning" for proposing the elimination of net metering and imposing large connection charges is because of "equity". I kid you not, she's saying it's not fair to poorer customers that cannot afford to install solar (while she completely ignores that there are programs available for lower-income households to get assistance installing solar and virtually no out-of-pocket costs).

Don't you understand, no technology has ever developed as an expensive product at first only to drop down in cost over time.

Not:

Cars
Planes
Televisions
Computers
Cell Phones

Clearly you have no clue and this lady is a genius.

Don't you understand, no technology has ever developed as an expensive product at first only to drop down in cost over time.

Not:

Cars
Planes
Televisions
Computers
Cell Phones

Clearly you have no clue and this lady is a genius.

Silly me. I'll go back to my corner and let the Pros like her tell us how we should live our lives.

I’ll comment. Don’t ever underestimate the power of lobbyists to buy politicians. Think of the environmental impact of essentially killing PV in sunny California. I can’t move out of this state fast enough...
Don't look to Az to be any friendlier. I'm the only one with solar surrounded by about 50 homes without.
I have a monopoly on sunshine!

Guarantee you the other guy, with the beard standing next to him (the built guy, not the fat one), is ex-special ops or similar.

Little birdie told me Elon has the best security money can buy.