Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Doesn't mean anything long term of course for shareholders......but Q2 Call holders and now Q3 Call holders are completely hosed. I'm very relieved that I only dabbled in one July Call, a couple Sept Calls and a couple more Dec Calls. The vast majority of my calls are for March 2022 and later.
Same. Only a couple of Julys and they are in the low/mid 700s. After the big jump I sold all of my options and when I bought back I was pretty conservative. I figured I'd left a bunch of money on the table but maybe I got lucky.

Tesla now down almost 5X the macros. Gotta love how they make it subtle in their capping on any rise so that before you know it the stock went from underperforming 3X to 6X and so on.
To be fair, TSLA is outperforming other EV stocks pretty healthily.

1620315334490.png

Looks like BB was right around 651. There was a small overshoot but I would definitely say that it held. For now. The QQQs were below lower BB as well and bounced hard.

Let us not forget that we blew through 650 for the first time in December of 2020. Consolidation is a thing. The run to 900 was pure overshoot and momo. Although we are down much more that the QQQs overall, that nosebleed territory should be discounted.

It makes perfect sense that we should bounce around the mid 600s and low 700s. Yeah, I have been burned repeatedly betting otherwise in my short term account...sigh. Really thought the P and D from 1Q was so spectacular.... but I guess so was the SP run.

When is the breakout? If Tesla continues as it has been going I would guess EOY. Hard to ignore the stock if it suddenly obvious that growth this year will be 80% to 100% before two more factories ramp. This should be around halfway through the third quarter.

Am also hoping for additional Gigafactory announcement by then. Or two. I mean c'mon, 2024 is right around the corner. 50% a year is a hell of a target.

To be fair, TSLA is outperforming other EV stocks pretty healthily.

View attachment 659958

Tesla is a much stronger/healthier company that actually posts earnings/profits.....not to mention higher growth percentage even though they're already at bigger scale. Those you listed are pretty much all speculative companies with no actual earnings. Even Nio still can't post a profit.

Here is a form letter for her HOA. It’s on the Tesla website. I struggled to link it so here it is in its original form.

Dear [HOA Board or Management Name],
Over the last few years, there has been a dramatic increase in the number of fully electric and plug-in electric hybrid vehicles sold in the United States. Nearly every major automotive company in the world is selling a plug-in vehicle. I am in the process of purchasing an electric vehicle, and would like to request permission to install charging equipment.
With approval from [HOA Board or Management Name],I would like to have a licensed and bonded electrical contractor draft an installation plan and determine the cost of charging at my parking location, at my own expense. Given an estimated delivery date of [number to number]weeks from now for my new electric vehicle, I am asking that the board prioritize this request.
The market for electric vehicles is rapidly expanding and now is the best time to begin planning for the increasingdemand for access to charging equipment. The ability to provide charging as an amenity will also attract and retainhighly valued, eco-conscious residents. Additionally, more electric vehicles in our parking structure will reduce emissions and improve overall air quality.
To assist in the planning of this installation, I am willing to help in any way possible. I will coordinate all appointments with the electrician and building maintenance as needed.
Please let me know if you or I need any more information before we proceed.
Thank you for your time in considering this request. I look forward to hearing back from you on this matter in the coming weeks.
Sincerely,
Thank you for this. She is of the opinion that the HOA is on board with the rEVolution and will do whatever they can to accommodate. There are a handful of residents and even board members that are interested in EV's and are pushing to install the infrastructure for future needs.
Wish I had a spare model X to lend her.

It's a pleasant sign of a very strong demand that Tesla is sold out after RAISING prices. Sadly, however, it's also arguably a sign of inflation.

I've had a new Model X ordered for a couple months now, so I'll happily bide my time and HODL.
What is most interesting about her decision is she proceeded with this purchase without any urging from me or any one else AFAIK. When she approached me, it was because she asked some questions to others about Tesla and they all pointed her my way. As I mentioned earlier, she is quite green to the whole EV world but still gravitated to Tesla. She can afford a Taycan, i-Pace, or just about anything else, yet she knew enough to focus on Tesla. Did I mention she's really smart. I'm going to dig into her mind set to see how others outside our bubble see Tesla. It may help when discussing Tesla with strangers that stop me to ask so I can focus on what they may not know. Sometimes knowing what you don't know is more valuable than what you do know.
I was going to DM you, but figured to post it publicly since many people are in this delay boat right now. It is very easy to extend her lease to a month by month. all she needs to do is call her leasing bank (NOT the dealer) before her lease end date and ask them to continue the lease on month by month. It is a standard option to do it. The payment amount might change slightly.
She doesn't seem too worried and maybe already assumes that to be her solution to the delay. Thank you though

Tesla is a much stronger/healthier company that actually posts earnings/profits.....not to mention higher growth percentage even though they're already at bigger scale. Those you listed are pretty much all speculative companies with no actual earnings. Even Nio still can't post a profit.

Totally agree with you there -- but I'm happy that at least the market is recognizing that a little bit today... I've been watching how Tesla performs to the other EV's for a while, and it wasn't until end of last week that I've noticed Tesla at least outperforming other EV manufacturers.

Barron's 9 minutes ago: Tesla Market Share in Europe

Excerpt:

Tesla's share of the key European market has been in swift decline since 2019, when it was the region's most popular electric-vehicle brand. But that may be about to change dramatically, according to a leading automotive analyst.

Matthias Schmidt, the publisher of the European Electric Car Report, predicts that Tesla's market share in Europe may surge back toward 20% this year from 13% in 2020, putting it neck-and-neck with Volkswagen Group, the region's EV leader. Europe was the world's largest market for electric vehicles in 2020, though it lost that crown to China in the early months of 2021.

Tesla sold more vehicles in 18 key European markets than any other car maker in March -- 23,841 new registrations -- according to a report from Schmidt based on public data. This was in part helped by a delivery schedule that is heavily weighted to the end of each quarter.