Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know I promised not to bitch about OT in this thread til the 4th of July, but this GJ/FUD nonsense is unbearable.

We have a GJ thread and a general FUD complaint thread. USE THEM.

FUD based dips are the best high return investment opportunities left for TSLA investors at this elevated market cap. Let's discuss and strategize on that.
So true.

About 2018 when I started buying LEAPS, I realized FUD is your friend.

By now we’ve noticed the shorts’ recent strategy, posing as fanboys to damn Tesla with faint praise.

Will we ever see the day when praise comes from shorts and FUD comes from investors?, ha ha

Thanks for the details. Do you have recommendations or links to such tools? Alas, I need the cash for my RE transaction next week so I am looking at selling June 23 CC on my shares early next week. Sounds like it is a bad time to do so, but I need the cash and I figure it is better than selling shares. I don't mind getting called away as I would still make some profit in addition to the premiums. My intention would be to keep adding more shares on dips when I have more cash. I'm new to this type of trade so I hope I'm not making a mistake.

In investing, it's always a mistake to take actions you don't fully understand. It may or may not work out in your favor but that does not speak to the wisdom of doing things you don't understand.

Man the comments on that tweet. Can people not comprehend that Lucid is saying they're going to run an ad during one of the commercial spots during SNL?

Jeesh people lol.

Also.....Lucid realizes that it makes them look completely desperate right? SNL asked Elon to host the show.....Lucid has to pay to advertise during a commercial spot that no one is going to care about or watch.

Thanks for the details. Do you have recommendations or links to such tools? Alas, I need the cash for my RE transaction next week so I am looking at selling June 23 CC on my shares early next week. Sounds like it is a bad time to do so, but I need the cash and I figure it is better than selling shares. I don't mind getting called away as I would still make some profit in addition to the premiums. My intention would be to keep adding more shares on dips when I have more cash. I'm new to this type of trade so I hope I'm not making a mistake.
If you plan on writing options but would like to leverage your shares as collateral for cash, consider a line of credit. You can't attach shares from an account that are actively optioned but you can set aside some of them in a separate account that will be earmarked as "off the table". Currently on E-trade it's maybe a little less than 50% of the value of the shares which can be converted to cash at a lower interest rate than a HELOC, ~2% APR.

So e.g., set up the "cookie jar" account by transferring 100 shares from your trading account of which you can get a low interest loan for up to ~$30k. There are conditions you need to be aware and understand as the volatility of TSLA results in a moving target of available funds and collateral value.

I use the leftover shares from the 100 share blocks which can't be used for CC's anyway until I hit the next 100 share threshold. So to clarify, if I have 1,024 shares, I would put 24 shares in this "cookie jar" account so I can still write 10 options on the remaining 1,000 shares. This example would only allow around $6k to borrow so plan and transfer according to your needs.
Not advice

From the CNBC website yesterday:

Cathie Wood will appear on CNBC’s “Closing Bell” on Friday at 3 p.m. ET.
Just checked my ARK holdings today.
I was +70% at some point on Genomics and Innovation
I added 1/3 before the correction.
Surprised to be back at +8% on genomics.
I should stop trying to diversify and just buy TSLA ETF. Solar, Autonomous, Batteries, Transportation, robot making, software. Tesla is more complete as an etf than arkk ;)

The EU CO2 Jan-Mar 2021 numbers were just published.
- With the significant Tesla March deliveries, the FCA-Tesla-Honda pool is now at Target (94 vs 94).
- PSA-Opel (the other Stellantis pool) has slightly missed target (93 vs 92)
- VW Group continues to be significantly behind target (107 vs 97) and may benefit from joining a pool with Tesla.

1620417943776.png

Man the comments on that tweet. Can people not comprehend that Lucid is saying they're going to run an ad during one of the commercial spots during SNL?

Jeesh people lol.

Also.....Lucid realizes that it makes them look completely desperate right? SNL asked Elon to host the show.....Lucid has to pay to advertise during a commercial spot that no one is going to care about or watch.

I think it makes Lucid look like they can't stand on their own...

Didn't know Tesla had 'troubles'........
View attachment 660331

View attachment 660330
We need an angry emote. I mean I or anyone on this thread could argue every one of these points or more if I cared to actually RTA. They clearly wrote the headline first and then the article.

Do Tesla's "trouble" include record deliveries, record profits, etc? I mean I am holding long and I know eventually the stock value will get past all this manipulation but it's still frustrating to watch what has to be just blatant lying going on.

Cue angry, old man yells at clouds computer monitor. I'll just wait until Monday and sell some more CCs to at least make a few bucks off this nonsense.

Any predictions on what the SNL appearance does to the stock price on Monday? LOL, who am I kidding, you know it will drop like a rock based on --------------------- . I'm sure the headline is already written, "Tesla Stock Falls after Elon Musk's ---------- appearance on SNL (ed. try disastrous, off-putting, confused, etc.)"

It is a pity, I should suggest, that Tesla/Musk did not consider a clause denying whatever network broadcasts SNL the ability to air any advertisements during and, say, 30 minutes before and after the show, from The Usual Suspects, as specifically defined in Article V, Section 2, paragraph iii (b).
I concede that such minutiae be the provenance of a PR team.

I deny that - if indeed this is what will be occurring - a Lucid ad during the Mr Musk show in any way advances The Mission.

• Helpful
Reactions: GOVA
It is a pity, I should suggest, that Tesla/Musk did not consider a clause denying whatever network broadcasts SNL the ability to air any advertisements during and, say, 30 minutes before and after the show, from The Usual Suspects, as specifically defined in Article V, Section 2, paragraph iii (b).
I concede that such minutiae be the provenance of a PR team.

I deny that - if indeed this is what will be occurring - a Lucid ad during the Mr Musk show in any way advances The Mission.
Im glad they didn’t. Would be bad optics to deny advertisements of competitors. Bring them on and legitimize all EVs.