Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

That's nothin'. When Tesla Network launches, Elon will be wearing this.

nich1.gif

KzDEFYtLaN7KKVJgmiIhcHdKgztIeby3wt8UtONPVBM.jpg

The EU CO2 Jan-Mar 2021 numbers were just published.
- With the significant Tesla March deliveries, the FCA-Tesla-Honda pool is now at Target (94 vs 94).
- PSA-Opel (the other Stellantis pool) has slightly missed target (93 vs 92)
- VW Group continues to be significantly behind target (107 vs 97) and may benefit from joining a pool with Tesla.

View attachment 660329
Well, I have to admit Peugeot-Opel has substantially improved their position vs. 2020. They were at a gap of -2 having used 8 compliance credits, or a “true” gap of 6. Now they are at 1 using 2 compliance credits, or a true gap of 3. So they are on track to cut their emissions violation in half so far this year. (Next year, however, they lose all compliance credits).

I’ll look for Q1 sales figures and try to back out FCA’s status, then amalgamate with Peugeot-Opel to estimate Stellantis’ status.

Last edited:
Im glad they didn’t. Would be bad optics to deny advertisements of competitors. Bring them on and legitimize all EVs.
If it got out, the FUD would kick in. "Tesla bans ads from competitors.". "Tesla fears competition from Lucid". "Musk refuses to share limelight with Lucid".

Any predictions on what the SNL appearance does to the stock price on Monday? LOL, who am I kidding, you know it will drop like a rock based on --------------------- . I'm sure the headline is already written, "Tesla Stock Falls after Elon Musk's ---------- appearance on SNL (ed. try disastrous, off-putting, confused, etc.)"

If Musk doesn't say anything controversial on his appearance, they will roast him for not being funny. If he says something controversial and really funny, they will roast him for saying something controversial. If he says something earth-shatteringly positive for Tesla they will be critical of him for co-opting a well-loved comedy show for his own financial interests. If he doesn't show up, they will accuse him of continuing to break promises and letting people down. If he shows up and is a truly likeable and funny guy without saying anything controversial they will accuse him of not being himself and acting out of character.

They really are out to get him but I love that he has true character and bravery and doesn't let it affect him. He could just cloister himself around the familiar and comfortable but he grabs life by the horns and rolls with it. :cool:

News from Germany (hope not discussed yet, I am not up to day here)
Tesla receives new permit to build the warehouse that might become the battery factory of Giga Berlin: Tesla darf weitere Halle bauen – wohl für die Batteriefabrik
Our own Alex (avoigt) says that The warehouse will probably not be used to build batteries as they applied for a different type of permit for this facility.

If Musk doesn't say anything controversial on his appearance, they will roast him for not being funny. If he says something controversial and really funny, they will roast him for saying something controversial. If he says something earth-shatteringly positive for Tesla they will be critical of him for co-opting a well-loved comedy show for his own financial interests. If he doesn't show up, they will accuse him of continuing to break promises and letting people down. If he shows up and is a truly likeable and funny guy without saying anything controversial they will accuse him of not being himself and acting out of character.

They really are out to get him but I love that he has true character and bravery and doesn't let it affect him. He could just cloister himself around the familiar and comfortable but he grabs life by the horns and rolls with it. :cool:
If the stock goes up they will cry about how unfair the market is. If it goes down they will say "see, the market realizes Elon bad". They are miserable people who spend their time obsessing about what they hate. I'd pity them if they weren't such garbage people.

With modern options for watching shows, I don't think many people actually watch ads. I certainly don't.
I don't normally but given Elon's statement about seeing how "live" SNL really is I'm recording this OTA (using my Tablo) instead of watching streaming without ads just so I have it "as was" if they censor the rebroadcast/streaming.

He should say " You can drop a burger in the panel gap of your Model 3 while charging at the Santa Monica SC drive up and no one will notice where it went". That should work for everyone.