Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
DC60CAA1-92AD-43A8-8BE4-D2E1CB7241B3.jpeg

SNL with Elon was fantastic! He has some acting talent for sure, that’s why he’s getting cameo appearances in several movies and TV series.

I thought the Lucid commercial was cheesy, there was a footnote for being the first to cross 500 miles range, like “based on current production schedule” or something? I couldn’t quite read it fast enough. If Tesla ends up beating them with actual first customer delivery of 520 mile Model S Plaid+ then this Lucid commercial will look very stupid.

Also it looks like it was the FIRST time that SNL actually published a live feed for international viewers...Reference "‘SNL’ is a global phenomenon and this livestream marks the first time audiences around the world will experience the show simultaneously along with the US,”"

looks like SNL pulled some Elon weight....or Elon pulled some SNL weight? Curious from anyone outside the US what the viewer count is at?

SNL with Elon was fantastic! He has some acting talent for sure, that’s why he’s getting cameo appearances in several movies and TV series.

I thought the Lucid commercial was cheesy, there was a footnote for being the first to cross 500 miles range, like “based on current production schedule” or something? I couldn’t quite read it fast enough. If Tesla ends up beating them with actual first customer delivery of 520 mile Model S Plaid+ then this Lucid commercial will look very stupid.

Here's the fine print from the Lucid Air commercial on SNL:

*Cost from$69,900 after $7,500 federal tax credit ($77,400 purchase price for Air Pure trim). Plus taxes, applicable fees and delivery charges. A tax advisor should be consulted regarding individual tax treament and availability of tax credit. Lucuid will submit its certification of credit eligibility to the IRS prior to the start of produciton. Dream Editon shown. Coming soon.​

Lucid Air.SNL.snapshot.jpg

Sooo, the car shown in the Ad in NOT the one for the Price shown in the Ad. Typical of Ad companies, wouldn't you say? :p

Cheers!

The commercial here in Los Angeles right before SNL starts.

It is for one of the Republicans running for Governor in the Newsom recall election.

It shows the candidate riding around in a Model X and says things have gotten so bad in California Elon Musk has left California. Shows video of Musk.
I'm going to have dinner at The French Laundry next time I'm in Cali. I need to eat at the restaurant that is so good, it was worth getting recalled for!