Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Elon did not sacrifice anything.

He is doing exactly what he wants to do.
Soooo when he's asked "What's it like to be Elon" and he replies.... "You wouldn't want to be me" That's what he had in mind for his future?
My feel on if he had to start over would he create Tesla again is "no" based on other interviews. The personal attacks and hardships would have destroyed most people.

Put another way, if someone else had already been solving the climate/space problem would he have done it anyways because that was his passion?

Not really investing related so I'll end on that but I don't think your statement is fair to Elon or gives credit to the monumental challenges faced in the last ten years.

My feel on if he had to start over would he create Tesla again is "no" based on other interviews. The personal attacks and hardships would have destroyed most people.
I believe he's stated that he wouldn't have taken Tesla public if he had it to do over again. It gave an avenue for his enemies to damage the company financially by shorting, depressing the SP and trying to deny it access to capital. Nobody can touch SpaceX, Starlink, Boring or Neuralink that way.

Last edited:

according to the photos, apart from the small completion of the tent for GA4.5, Tesla intends to build another tent, which seems to be as large as for the Model 3 or Model Y assembly line, which indicates a significant expansion of production.”

Anyhow, it looks like the ratings were good, which means advertising dollars, which means the media will be hard-pressed to find a reason to complain, since, what they primarily care about is their ad dollars.
Maybe those in charge of MSM programming will apply first principles and instead of hating on Elon, just invite him to appear on their shows.

They don't really care where the advertising money comes from.

If Elon being there brings in ad money from Ford, VW, Lucid, etc. then it is Winner-Winner-Chicken-Dinner, right?

What if MSM painting Elon in a good light leads to the other manufacturers spending even more in their attempt to get a little of that light reflected onto their BEV products?

Last edited:
Soooo when he's asked "What's it like to be Elon" and he replies.... "You wouldn't want to be me" That's what he had in mind for his future?

Put another way, if someone else had already been solving the climate/space problem would he have done it anyways because that was his passion?

Not really investing related so I'll end on that but I don't think your statement is fair to Elon or gives credit to the monumental challenges faced in the last ten years.

I think Elon would have not made the Model X so complicated (which he already said) and I think he wouldn't have tried to automate so much (which he said) and Model 3 production would have gone smoother. I do see him still pursuing his goal of making EVs fun, sexy and fast (certainly compared to the golf cart image the public has had in the past). As more people step into a BEV, I think they will appreciate that even more. He's a guy who loves a challenge and I suspect thrives on making things better, just part of his DNA.

Early on I had read and heard him saying something about bipolar/asperger so him saying that on SNL was not a shock. Last night was a worldwide delivered statement though. I remember watching the press conference at the start of the Hornsdale Power Reserve megapack system in Australia and understood public speaking was not as easy for him as for others. Besides not everyone enjoys public speaking. But Elon always came across to me as someone who was deeply excited about what was being created and you could sense the pride in what his teams were able to accomplish. I pretty much enjoyed SNL last night, not all of the sketches were "me" but I thought Elon was enjoyable, honest and very much himself. Enjoyed seeing Maye, and Grimes was peachy.

Would be nice to think SNL opened more people up to seeing Elon in a different and favorable light. I think the press has been pretty cruel to him at times and they unable to shake bringing up every misstep for him or Tesla in each article it seems, so tired of that. When he was being made the target for those against the wealth he has built up (and still a target), he started selling his houses and divesting himself of things like that. I think he always looked at them as investments to sell down the road for funding purposes anyway, as his main focus apart from the environment is going to Mars. A lofty goal that few of today's super rich would choose to put their own money towards. While I don't agree with everything he's said or done (masks are one), I do admire his intellect, drive and basically trying to make the world a better place.

The entire internet is defending Musk from any negative headlines right now..yes evening on dumpster fire FB. The sentiment is him admitting to being on the spectrum has helped millions of kids across the world, giving them inspiration.
When he said that I could imagine all the "woke" Elon haters minds exploding.

Darn, I misread that 5 as a 3! Thanks for the closeup.

I’ll have to modify my bid. That’s what I get for watching TV past my bedtime with blurry eyes.
8B9F83AC-7B8F-4AA0-93B8-CA34E40B3838.jpeg

Not all, but many of the Walmarts that I have visited have installed parking lot solar arrays to shade parked cars while generating renewable energy.

In Southern California, this combination makes great sense.

according to the photos, apart from the small completion of the tent for GA4.5, Tesla intends to build another tent, which seems to be as large as for the Model 3 or Model Y assembly line, which indicates a significant expansion of production.”

The final paragraph in that Tesmanian article is 100% incorrect:

"To date, two tents in Fremont are producing 500,000 Model 3/Ys per year. This means that one more tent could add another 250,000 vehicles per year to the equation. Thus, in 2022, Tesla's factory in Fremont alone will be able to supply about 750,000 Model 3/Ys per year."

Hell If its that easy why not just add 6 more tents and crank that sucker up to 2 million output!

/S

Elon admitting being on the autism spectrum will discourage a lot of personal attacks against him in the future. Calling someone an eccentric narcissistic billionaire just because he speaks, thinks and acts differently being an asperger doesn’t make the name caller look brillant.

This will also indirectly help a lot those living with that diagnosis.

Excellent decision

Elon admitting being on the autism spectrum will discourage a lot of personal attacks against him in the future. Calling someone an eccentric narcissistic billionaire just because he speaks, thinks and acts differently being an asperger doesn’t make the name caller look brillant.

This will also indirectly help a lot those living with that diagnosis.

Excellent decision

"Elon admitting being on the autism spectrum will discourage a lot of personal attacks against him in the future."

Have you met The Internet?

My man Chaim is pretty bullish. Stops short of calling a bottom but as has been said multiple times here; technicals and fundamentals are lining up nicely for a next leg up. He’s not the most entertaining; but often quite accurate.

Thanks for posting this. I have a ton of respect for Chaim and started using his advisory service a few months ago. Are you by chance using his service?