Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We‘ve only had a small percentage bless us with their opinions on SNL this weekend. I would really like it if everyone would share impressions. I am sure I would be a better informed investor then. It would really elevate my investing education, my awareness of the company, and the outlook for the future.

keep It coming folks. They talk about the Super Bowl for weeks and years afterwards, we should do the same, it is important!

We‘ve only had a small percentage bless us with their opinions on SNL this weekend. I would really like it if everyone would share impressions. I am sure I would be a better informed investor then. It would really elevate my investing education, my awareness of the company, and the outlook for the future.

keep It coming folks. They talk about the Super Bowl for weeks and years afterwards, we should do the same, it is important!

Loved it. :) Lots of humor, great performance. I have watched all clips 2-3x, and enjoy it every time.

Elon having Aspergers is in hindsight not surprising, but I havent thought about this before. Feel even more comfortable in my investment long term. Elon have more drive and focus than any CEO, and now we know there are a reason for this. He wont tire - and thrive with what he does. Love the man!:)

1620639496814.png

Loved it. :) Lots of humor, great performance. I have watched all clips 2-3x, and enjoy it every time.

Elon having Aspergers is in hindsight not surprising, but I havent thought about this before. Feel even more comfortable in my investment long term. Elon have more drive and focus than any CEO, and now we know there are a reason for this. He wont tire - and thrive with what he does. Love the man!:)
I "met" him in Oslo in 2013, and could tell already at that point that he has Aspbergers.

All in all I got a really nice impression of him, he was very eager to engage in discussions and seemed very down to earth. I could sense the dynamic between him and Blankenship where George is constantly eves-dropping and checking what Elon is saying and when he goes too far with for example making promises he cuts in and stops him. There is something slightly "robotic" about Elon, they way he talks, his body language, the way looks at you etc. which gives me some associations to people I've met in my line of work (MD) with Aspberger syndrome, though I want to be very careful not to pass any kind of judgment I think it's obvious that you would need some a bit special personality traits to get to where he has come with all his ideas and companies. Though, he would never have gotten to where he is if he didn't have social skills as well, and I think he had great social skills just there was a certain vibe about him that was a little special.

Cream puff SNL review from Reuters

Well that was a lot more positive a reaction than I was expecting form an MSM source, maybe the stock won't get pummeled at open.

Excerpt:
Panasonic this business year expects its automotive unit to post 50 billion yen in operating profit, the company’s CFO Hirokazu Umeda told a press briefing.

“The automotive batteries, which are nearly all Tesla account for around 40%,” Umeda said.

Panasonic forecast overall operating profit to rise 27.6% to 330 billion yen ($3 billion). The figure is slightly higher than an average forecast of 327.56 billion based on estimates from 16 analysts, Refinitiv data shows.

Panasonic this business year, will also begin a test line in Japan to make large cylindrical 4680 format battery cells, Umeda added.

The recent slow drop in the SP and the rise in nonsense, lies and FUD from the dying auto companies have forced me to take a long term view of teslas stock. I hold about $4.5m in stock right now.

I do NOT think that wall street, and the average retail investor are ever going to believe anything tesla says, or take any time whatsoever to see through the FUD. They are so conditioned to listen to cnbc and muppets like johnson, that they will just keep assuming the company is overvalued.

Q1 results were astonishingly good, and Q2 are likely to be even better, but I actually do not think this will impact the SP at all. However much we point at pretty much exponential growth, the average joe wont see it, read it, or believe what it implies.
I think the only thing that will convince them is hard numbers, in the past (rear view mirror investing...very dumb).

I predict Q2 results wont move the needle, nor will Q3, even though Q3 may well see some initial production from Berlin (perhaps). I actually think it will be Q4 or maybe even 2022 (with texas & berlin both ramping fast) that will be needed before they care. I think the cybertruck, the semi, will both be seen as 'cool' but wall street will still think nobody is actually buying them in bulk, or consider them to be profitable, until its absolutely clear and obvious.

Until Tesla has sold 10,000 semis and a million model Y,s maybe 100,000 cybertrucks, nobody is going to actually pay attention. They literally are blinded by FUD.

So hang in there. I recommend only checking the stock price every month. Its not going to reach fair value until people actually see the evidence in the financials. Just buy stock, put it in a drawer, and be pleasantly surprised next year. Tesla now cannot go bankrupt, and cannot lose. Its just a matter of waiting for people to realize they have already won. This may take a while.

What Japan needs to do now is to expand its options for technology. I think regulations and legislations should follow after,” Toyoda said.
“Policy that bans gasoline-powered or diesel cars from the very beginning would limit such options, and could also cause Japan to lose its strengths,” he added.

“We’re genuinely concerned that Mr. Toyoda does not seem to realize what is at stake here,” said Jens Munch Holst, CEO of AkademikerPension.
The Danish fund told Reuters last month that it would consider a shareholder resolution or sell its holding in Toyota if there was no change after “intense” engagement with the company.

What Japan needs to do now is to expand its options for technology. I think regulations and legislations should follow after,” Toyoda said.
“Policy that bans gasoline-powered or diesel cars from the very beginning would limit such options, and could also cause Japan to lose its strengths,” he added.

“We’re genuinely concerned that Mr. Toyoda does not seem to realize what is at stake here,” said Jens Munch Holst, CEO of AkademikerPension.
The Danish fund told Reuters last month that it would consider a shareholder resolution or sell its holding in Toyota if there was no change after “intense” engagement with the company.
Crazy. Their 4th largest market (Europe and UK) will be closing to them from 2030 unless they deliver PHEVs (ugh) or BEVs. Their largest market, the US, is going to shrink as more states follow California's ban on pure ICE sales in the same timeframe.

And to not believe this situation is only going to accelerate is just ignoring reality.

Nuts to them, I hope they go under or Mr Toyoda and his ilk get ejected.

Q2 2021 about to win bragging rights!

Q1 2021: "I'm the champion, delivering a record 184,800 vehicles despite being traditionally the weakest Qtr of the year & with no Models S&X production"
Q2 2021: "Hold my beer"

1620651047616.png

Through the first 38 days of the quarter:
Q1 had 8 RoRO ships depart with a total of 21 loading days.
Q2 had 12 RoRo ships depart with a total of 28.9 loading days (a 38% increase over Q1)

Telsa has production and logistics humming !!

Edit to credit source of data: Franco Mossotto @FMossotto on Twitter

Last edited:
Going on day three now of the U.S.'s largest fuel pipeline being knocked offline due to computer hackers:

"Fuel suppliers are growing increasingly nervous about the possibility of gasoline and diesel shortages across the eastern U.S. almost two days after a cyberattack knocked out a massive pipeline.
The attack comes just as the nation’s energy industry is preparing to meet stronger fuel demand from summer travel. Americans are once again commuting to the office, planning major travel for the first time and booking flights. A prolonged disruption along the pipeline system threatens to send average U.S. gasoline prices above $3 a gallon for the first time since October 2014, further stoking fears of inflation as commodity prices rally worldwide."

Q2 2021 about to win bragging rights!

Q1 2021: "I'm the champion, delivering a record 184,800 vehicles despite being traditionally the weakest Qtr of the year & with no Models S&X production"
Q2 2021: "Hold my beer"

View attachment 660982

Through the first 38 days of the quarter:
Q1 had 8 RoRO ships depart with a total of 21 loading days.
Q2 had 12 RoRo ships depart with a total of 28.9 loading days (a 38% increase over Q1)

Telsa has production and logistics humming !!
Meh. Mostly empty 🚣‍♀️s. Probably just driving the same 420 236 cars on and off. Just saw a SA headline today stating there’s likely a demand issue.

Model 2/A (or whatever it'll end up being called) whole body cast?

Agreed. I would like to hear other thoughtful comments.

I have been sorting through my impressions (real time viewing) but it is early so my read may change. I think at times we hear EM in his own thinking and voice and at times we hear his interpretation of what influencers wish him to say.

The monolog was good. Apologies for dumb comments, good. I thought it was smart to have Maye be the one to mention Doge and avoid EM getting tangled up in it. More on this later.

The Asperger syndrome comment was interesting but I think this was an influencer since this is not new to him or particularly noteworthy so mostly a push. He got the mission out with passion, good. Making jokes about his child was in poor taste and an influencer IMO (please think carefully).

I thought he was best in the Cowboy sketch, this is reflective of his real life. There were other sketches that were typical SNL bizarre and ok but just funny stuff.

The relentless presence of Dogecoin was unfortunate and a mix of his voice or an influencer. He appears fixated on Doge in an unhelpful way but it amuses him it seems. At one point he used a hand gesture that was unfortunate but vague in its intent so maybe just noise.

I have to say that I paused over the comments from SMR recently and the micro dosing world.

I guess in the end I continue to see him do best when in close support of his family and those who love him. This was evident in the 3rd row interview with Kimbal present IMO. There are other influencers among the billionaire pack or others (JRE) that are not good influencers and who manipulate him for their own purposes IMO.

From an investment standpoint, uncertainty has been removed so probably good for the stock.