Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model 2/A (or whatever it'll end up being called) whole body cast?

Still only a single axis slide, so more likely larger crossection castings (semi or pack?), not full frame.

Going on day three now of the U.S.'s largest fuel pipeline being knocked offline due to computer hackers:

"Fuel suppliers are growing increasingly nervous about the possibility of gasoline and diesel shortages across the eastern U.S. almost two days after a cyberattack knocked out a massive pipeline.
The attack comes just as the nation’s energy industry is preparing to meet stronger fuel demand from summer travel. Americans are once again commuting to the office, planning major travel for the first time and booking flights. A prolonged disruption along the pipeline system threatens to send average U.S. gasoline prices above $3 a gallon for the first time since October 2014, further stoking fears of inflation as commodity prices rally worldwide."
Now include the scarcity of truck drivers to deliver the gasoline (also raising prices)... can anyone say $5/gal this summer and very long lines?

Elon was great on SNL. I discounted the idea that it would be a good opportunity to expand the brand but I think I was wrong. Some of my friends that know I'm a fan of his but who don't know much about him have commented that he did a great job etc.

Now include the scarcity of truck drivers to deliver the gasoline (also raising prices)... can anyone say $5/gal this summer and very long lines?
And a summer where demand is likely to be extremely high because everyone is sick of being at home.

If we don’t get back above 700 by Friday, I’d say the stock has clearly fallen to the downside of the upward and downward trend meeting......which means a lot more downside to go. Could be looking at Q2 P/D numbers coming out when the stock is down in the low to mid 500’s.

What a joke the SEC is. Tesla could release any amazing material news or data and I would wager nothing is going to stop it from the downtrend now

Pipeline cyber attack. Gas prices projected to rise. TSLA down. Makes perfect sense....

1620654629899.png

If we don’t get back above 700 by Friday, I’d say the stock has clearly fallen to the downside of the upward and downward trend meeting......which means a lot more downside to go. Could be looking at Q2 P/D numbers coming out when the stock is down in the low to mid 500’s.

What a joke the SEC is. Tesla could release any amazing material news or data and I would wager nothing is going to stop it from the downtrend now
Just bought 25 chairs. This is too low for this week IMO.

Oh please.

You are so certain that people hate him just just because he's successful, but do you actually listen to arguments from those who benefited from his success? I've earned +3 millions in TSLA gains since 2012, and I also dislike Elon so much than most believe I just hate him. Elon Musk is definitely a genius (in engineering and industrial/business development) but there are tones of legit cases against his political influence.

Do you expect the level of FUD or criticism against Musk to increase or decrease relative to his wealth? I bet it will go down (despite the increased polarization) because most people simply follow the money and bow to power (it's easy to side with winners). For the same reason many ignored or ridiculed him when he was swimming against the tide, many will blindly support him when the media will switch side.

As much as I had to fight to defend him/Tesla (when him and the company was perceived as a fraud), I expect to be inaudible when he'll be revered as the new emperor. So please don't focus on the worst arguments against Musk but the most reasonable.

Also, who managed to become as powerful as Musk and not become the villain? IMO, one should be remain very careful.

" I also dislike Elon so much than most believe I just hate him"

Nothing in your post seems to provide for why this is... unfortunate you have such disdain for a guy trying to save the planet for your children.

You’re much braver than I haha. To me, the chart has clearly broke down and will be confirmed by Friday. But I wish you all the luck!
I have to admit, I lost a little confidence reading this as I'm no expert.
But nothing is stagnant with Tesla. Again, I apply my 3-day rule and the whole story can flip.

Reactions: NooB_cat
Buy when others are fearful. Everyone here is smart enough to know what Q2 is going to look like. And the typical complaints (low demand, profit only because of regulatory credits, etc.) will not apply. There will be very little FUD-able material with Q2 results. If I weren't already all-in, I would go all in somewhere around here.

Crazy. Their 4th largest market (Europe and UK) will be closing to them from 2030 unless they deliver PHEVs (ugh) or BEVs. Their largest market, the US, is going to shrink as more states follow California's ban on pure ICE sales in the same timeframe.

And to not believe this situation is only going to accelerate is just ignoring reality.

Nuts to them, I hope they go under or Mr Toyoda and his ilk get ejected.

Toyoda really has head in the sand. Wonder how long his company will support his viewpoint.