Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think Tesla fans complaining about other automotive companies running ads for their BEVs on this SNL is cheesy.

This is part of Elon's vision. Not Tesla having to make every car in the world.
My take on these posts (and my feelings on the matter as well), is not that having additional manufacturers join the fray is is antithetical to Elon's vision, it's that it's a lame and desperate attempt for some attention while at the same time a bit of a pot-shot at Elon/Tesla. Kinda like showing up at somebody's event and deliberately upstaging it with some grand announcement of your own.

Maybe if these companies were taking EV's seriously, and/or had shipping product I might see it as more good natured ribbing or serious competition, but to be laggards in the space and then take an ad out on "Elon's night" does seem cheesy and like sour grapes.

Last edited:
Buy when others are fearful. Everyone here is smart enough to know what Q2 is going to look like. And the typical complaints (low demand, profit only because of regulatory credits, etc.) will not apply. There will be very little FUD-able material with Q2 results. If I weren't already all-in, I would go all in somewhere around here.

Yeah to be clear, I think Q2 P/D or earnings will be the breakout moment.....just the question is from where it breaks out. No can convince me this whole thing isn’t coordinated to weed out as many leveraged investors before Q2 ends and the Biden plan gets approved. Anyone buying shares shouldn’t be worried. But I would steer clear of any options until closer to the end of Q2

Going on day three now of the U.S.'s largest fuel pipeline being knocked offline due to computer hackers:

"Fuel suppliers are growing increasingly nervous about the possibility of gasoline and diesel shortages across the eastern U.S. almost two days after a cyberattack knocked out a massive pipeline.
The attack comes just as the nation’s energy industry is preparing to meet stronger fuel demand from summer travel. Americans are once again commuting to the office, planning major travel for the first time and booking flights. A prolonged disruption along the pipeline system threatens to send average U.S. gasoline prices above $3 a gallon for the first time since October 2014, further stoking fears of inflation as commodity prices rally worldwide."

they’ve come for gasoline infrastructure this time. Could be the power grid next.

My take on these posts (and my feelings on the matter as well), is not that having additional manufacturers join the fray is is antithetical to Elon's vision, it's that 's a lame and desperate attempt for some attention while at the same time a bit of a pot-shot at Elon/Tesla. Kinda like showing up at somebody's event and deliberately upstaging it with some grand announcement of your own.

Maybe if these companies were taking EV's seriously, and/or had shipping product I might see it as more good natured ribbing or serious competition, but to be laggards in the space and then take an ad out on "Elon's night" does seem cheesy and like sour grapes.
I still chuckle every time I think of Lucid saying they are the first 500 mile EV 🤣

Now is a dangerous time to get into leaps. I made that mistake once, trying to time the bottom, I thought with leverage I could gain twice as fast when the price recovers, only to see it go down much further and the value of my leaps dissolve to practically worthless.

The hedggies are in control of the share price, there’s nothing any of us can do about it. When they decide it’s time to rotate back, and only then, will we see a reversal. No quarterly earnings or product news matter anymore.

I have to admit, I lost a little confidence reading this as I'm no expert.
But nothing is stagnant with Tesla. Again, I apply my 3-day rule and the whole story can flip.
I mean if you’re buying shares you’re fine. Can’t see the stock going lower than 500 before Q2 numbers are out. But anyon buying options for Q2 and Q3 will lose their money

Last edited:
Now is a dangerous time to get into leaps. I made that mistake once, trying to time the bottom, I thought with leverage I could gain twice as fast when the price recovers, only to see it go down much further and the value of my leaps dissolve to practically worthless.

The hedggies are in control of the share price, there’s nothing any of us can do about it. When they decide it’s time to rotate back, and only then, will we see a reversal. No quarterly earnings or product news matter anymore.
LEAPS are actually a great tool to use IF your purpose is to get more shares. I have a ton of March 800 2022 Calls and I still feel very confident in those. Will they be a absolute steal like I thought they might be (anything above 1200 share price would be grand slam for me)? No

But as long as the share price is 1,000 by March 2022, I’ll have increased by share count by good amount over just buying the shares now.

Wall st is 100% in control but as I’ve mentioned before, as Tesla’s P/E continues to drop rapidly, they’ll lose a ton of control. Tesla just needs to execute and have a good setup for 2022

On Friday, DW came out with a long documentary about the German auto industry's political influence. It is good, but it's amazing that in the whole 40-minute doc that was about the transition to BEVs, Tesla and the Berlin Gigafactory are not mentioned a single time.

Germany, where even the investigative journalists are at least a generation behind...

Crazy. Their 4th largest market (Europe and UK) will be closing to them from 2030 unless they deliver PHEVs (ugh) or BEVs. Their largest market, the US, is going to shrink as more states follow California's ban on pure ICE sales in the same timeframe.

And to not believe this situation is only going to accelerate is just ignoring reality.

Nuts to them, I hope they go under or Mr Toyoda and his ilk get ejected.

Even without government interventions, I'd expect EVs to be >50% of sales in the US by ~2027, and 90% by 2035 anyway.

Some people view banning ICE sales by then as crazy, but in 2035 ice sales will probably be limited to increasingly small niches via market forces.

The agency said the engineering analysis covers 2013 through 2015 models and said "under normal driving conditions, with no warning or input from the driver, the vehicle may veer or jerk out of its intended path of travel." Honda did not immediately comment. NHTSA said it has 107 complaints and two injury incidents related to the issue.

Even without government interventions, I'd expect EVs to be >50% of sales in the US by ~2027, and 90% by 2035 anyway.

Some people view banning ICE sales by then as crazy, but in 2035 ice sales will probably be limited to increasingly small niches via market forces.
I wonder how long before "Historic Vehicles" are required to do emissions testing? The argument was always that they're such a small % (and die-hard I would assume). Eventually, they'll only be driven with a special permit (parade, to/from show, club event, etc). So glad I sold mine!

Reactions: UkNorthampton