Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since I have a few subtle Asperger-like qualities, a few yeas ago my wife "encouraged" me to go visit the premier Silicon Valley Asperger psychologist to see what she thinks.

After a few sessions, I asked, "so what am I"?

She said: "Oh your just a Silicon Valley engineer"
I like this job of charging people to tell them the obvious.

Mercedes produces a concept Electric Minivan

Im not really a minivan guy, but the outside looks decent for a minivan.

The inside, however, is another story entirely.

Anyone really think it was just a random selection of words that happened to make the headline include Tesla, Autopilot and not functioning instead of something more neutral or Tesla positive which is what the actual report says. I mean if they couldn't figure out something fair they could have gone with the headline the report actually used.

News articles are written by reporters. The headlines for those articles are written by copy editors.

Before the internet, the copy editors often wrote headlines that properly summed up the meaning of the articles. Nowadays, they are written to entice clicks, with some deference to their advertisers, but no mercy to those who are not.

Excerpt:

"The NTSB’s investigation of the crash is ongoing, and investigators continue to gather information including data to analyze the crash dynamics, postmortem toxicology test results, seat belt use, occupant egress and the post-crash fire."​

Still waiting for blood alcohol numbers.
And im still waiting on the exact number of "gallons of water" used to douse the fire that was burning for 4 hours.

On Friday CNBC teased that the US transportation secretary was about to be interviewed. He didn't show up, so just now they teased it again. It would be interesting to learn what he has to say about EVs, charging stations, and EV income tax credits.

EDIT: He's on CNBC now.

2nd EDIT: He made only one quick reference to sustainable energy, as his questioners wanted to focus on recent big news topics like cyberattacks, employment numbers and the pandemic.

Last edited:
We really need the S/X refresh released for the next leg up.(this would change the narrative)
Has there been any updates on this recently? On conf call IIRC, refresh S deliveries from May right?

FUD chipping away and using Macros for help.

• Informative
Reactions: Thekiwi
And I think that Sheriff could have reviewed the security footage of them entering the car to go for a drive before claiming they were "100% certain" no one was in the driver's seat.
Not a Sheriff, a "Constable", which in Texas apparently means he's an elected Official. No possible conflict of interest there in Houston, nope.

Last edited:
Saw on Twitter this morning that the China April numbers will come out at 2 am. But it didn't say if that is China time, Eastern time or what, that I can recall.
Looking forward to getting them. There is a good chance the sales numbers will be lower than those not following closely will expect though. There has been more ships for export than usual so should be less cars left for domestic sales.

FSD is a time-bomb ticking under the transportation industry and Tesla's stock price. Most of Wall Street won't believe in robotaxis until they see them, but when they do, and see that Tesla is clearly headed for global dominance in robotaxis and robotrucks... look out.

Elon said that will happen this year. I still believe him.

I think we'll see V9 of FSD in the public's hands this year, but I think true Level 5 FSD won't be for another year or two. That last 0.000999% is going to take some time to iron out. Once they do I think we'll see a slow rollout in specific areas first, so my gut feeling is the robotaxi takeover will be a slow march rather than a rapid conquest.

Reactions: ThisStockGood
Let's make an objective list of recent Tesla related news:
- Texas investigation has more questions from the NTSB stemming from new evidence that came out (video footage) proving that there was a driver in the seat - well... duh there are more questions
- Shanghai Autoshow "protest" due to a customer's claim of brake failure
- Elon's appearance on SNL (Asperger's information and first east coast Cyber Truck appearance)
- Earnings update which provided updates on the following
- Berlin progress (really quick, should be running by EOY)​
- Texas progress (also should be running by EOY/Q1)​
- Expansion of Shanghai - these guys are super fast and will crank out Model Y's (this is an enormous opportunity)​
- Tooling and tuning for new Model S and X programme under way​
- Elon saying 1M cars projected this year​
Wildcards/Speculation
- Tesla semi will be pulled up (low hanging fruit in revenue)
- Once S has racked up some miles on the new cell architecture, Roadster here we come
- Cybertruck initial deliveries by q4/q1 22
- Gross Margin improvements due to efficiency and higher ASP in product mix
- Tesla energy finally contributing more due to seasonality and deployment acceleration
- Government incentives for all EV's

I don't know about you guys the negative are mostly BS and there's a ton of catalysts there. I picked up more shares on margin because this thing is so far oversold IMO. Once the FUD clears I'm hoping we'll gap up. The next big catalyst will be Motortrend or some kind of press review of the Model S update.

I assume the question was about Chinese numbers. They do come out monthly. But no I haven't seen any for April.
Shanghai GF Delivery numbers available monthly would be specific to delivery within China and not include shipments abroad, therefore since beginning of each quarter favours out of country shipments due to scheduling logistics, may be difficult to asertain. Please correct me if this statement is incorrect.

Shanghai GF Delivery numbers available monthly would be specific to delivery within China and not include shipments abroad, therefore since beginning of each quarter favours out of country shipments due to scheduling logistics, may be difficult to asertain. Please correct me if this statement is incorrect.
Production # is still a solid piece of info