Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Excerpt:

"The NTSB’s investigation of the crash is ongoing, and investigators continue to gather information including data to analyze the crash dynamics, postmortem toxicology test results, seat belt use, occupant egress and the post-crash fire."​

Still waiting for blood alcohol numbers.
OK, now ya got me to comment...the driver was an anesthesiologist So while a tox screen was done if alcohol is there it probably won't be the only drug.
Now to what I posted weeks ago...so they did get neighborhood footage to prove there was indeed a driver. Not a surprise there. I am a bit surprised that no other neighbor got footage of the car that night (still might be)...rich neighborhoods went crazy with street-facing cameras when porch pirating became an easy high for the crack crowd.
I think I gave two scenarios. Though my first one, and the most likely (at the time) seems to be wrong. Which was that three people were in the car but the driver got out before the car caught fire.
If I am understanding all the reporting correctly the driver's seat belt was not buckled post collision, but the steering wheel showed deformity from a driver when rapid deceleration occured?
So the owner was driving, and was behind the wheel on impact, and then released his seat belt buckle. And eventually was found in the rear seat. Which leads me to believe that the passenger did not regain consciousness after the collision, the driver did, and was unable (vegetation outside the car door, injury to upper extremities of the driver, especial the hands, or mechanical failure within the door).
The driver then went into the back seat either to attempt to open the back door in the hopes there would be no vegetation blocking one of those doors, or the back seat area allowed more room to use the working parts of his body, or he was shifting to the otherside of the car to open the door with the least damaged portion of his body.
Or he freaked out because of the fire and went into a panic mode and just climbed away from the fire as far as he could, and still could not open any door due to reasons given.
(The deformity of the steering wheel makes it highly improbable that he was not in the front seat from the time the car started to roll until the car stopped.)

~~~MOD~~~

Whole bunches of posts demonstrate either that this thread is populated by an astonishing number of psychiatrists....or that you don't care to heed Moderators' warnings.

As clearly warned last night, ZERO more discussion here about Asperger's...or other such non-relevant material. There's a great big interweb out there. Surely you can find somewhere such posts are appropriate.

Hopefully someday soon all of this grief and anguish will be over. All of my waiting and dreaming will have been worth it and I can set myself 30 years ahead in my financial steps to freedom. This was a hard day, but I should have expected it.
Oh Elon’s going on SNL?..... Guaranteed to compound trainwreck TSLA even though it was magical.

Oh well, we are still around 3000 a share pre split which is good.

Not a good day today for the home team. Today was the 6th worst loss of the season, and first time they've been 2-8 over the last 10 since March 10 (which was the day after the epic 110 point W). Tesla is now down over 10% so far this season, but the loyal season ticket holders know this is just a temporary slump and the team has way too much talent to perform this poorly forever and will come roaring back when least expected.

Today
Score:629.04
Margin of W/L:-43.33
Attendance:31,126,958
High - Low:37.44
Season
Record:43-45
Total margin of wins:961.38
Total margin of losses:-1,038.01
YTD gain/loss:-76.63-10.86%
Best Win:110.58Mar 9
Worst Loss:-68.83Jan 11
Last 10:2-8
Streak:L1
Avg margin of victory:22.36
Avg margin of defeat:-23.07
Avg Attendance:31,459,380
Avg Attendance of Last 10:28,270,974
Avg High - Low:39.71
Avg H - L of Last 10:28.61

Today was a killer day for all tech... not a surprise Tesla also went down with the ship and with a typical multiple. I do wonder which news event or series of events will turn this around... or will it just hit a few algorithm triggers before rebounding? To me, the long-term picture is clear, the next 3-6 months are not. If we by some chance end up in the 500s in late June to mid-July, I'll be leveraging up as much as I could reasonably stand to lose.

Here is the article about the lawsuit against Tesla, that could well lead to a class action
Per the contract, arbitration. The current Supreme Court won't let it go to a class action status lawsuit.

Per the contract, arbitration. The current Supreme Court won't let it go to a class action status lawsuit.

As touched on in this thread, there could be a state based class action as Pennsylvanian laws restricts arbitration

Last edited:
I'm still waiting to hear from the police chief that was 100% certain no one was driving.
TMC should do better. The constable said (correctly), that there was no one in the driver's seat. Not the same as no one was driving.

I stand corrected. My apologies for not reading past the headlines.

Last edited:
TMC should do better. The constable said (correctly), that there was no one in the driver's seat. Not the same as no one was driving.
CBS - April 19: No one was driving Tesla before fiery crash that killed 2 passengers in Texas, authorities say

Excerpt:

Harris County Precinct 4 Constable Mark Herman said authorities are certain that no one was driving the car at the time of the crash.

"They feel very confident just with the positioning of the bodies after the impact that there was no one driving that vehicle," Herman told CBS affiliate KHOU-TV.

Reading several posts about some folks' concerns about the SP action of late led me to reflect on why is it that I'm not feeling something similar. After all, I'm all in, I've retired perhaps a year too soon, maybe two or three years too soon, because my PLAN is to live (meagerly) on margin and Social Security until the SP reaches a level more comfortable for me to start distributions. (with a rule to never exceed 25% margin)

Yet, with what seems to be a lot riding on TSLA, there is nothing currently that has me fretting. Here's how I see it...

• Looking at the one-year trend line I see a long upward progression. After a full year it has just today been breached. That is a loooooong run without a correction dropping below that line.

• Production is steadily increasing at existing factories, AND two more massive factories are being built at an incredible pace that will bring them online in the next six or so months.

• Tesla is building facilities to make their own batteries using techniques that will dwarf the current battery suppliers' production and do it in about a tenth of the space. Tesla will be processing their own Lithium, too. Everything regarding Tesla's growth is about battery supply. Every aspect of Automotive, Commercial Storage, and Residential Solar/Storage is poised to grow as fast as battery production will allow them to.
There's plenty more to add to the above. So much is going on, on so many levels (FSD, Dojo, new models, etc.), that it can be challenging to remember this is still ALL Tesla and nothing about their business is slowing down at all.

The short-term moves in the SP, when viewed from a perspective standing back far enough to see everything more clearly, is nothing more than speed bumps. C'mon, what happens when you cruise through the neighborhood? Get past those speed bumps, then, back out on the open road, the pace picks back up. Speed bumps are annoying, but, they aren't something that should lead one to toss the baby out with the bathwater, is it?

The best thing to do to get through this it to avoid looking at things too closely. Getting caught up in daily/weekly, even monthly trends skews the perspective and can lead to decisions you could easily regret in the not too distant future. Step back, look at the big picture, then ask yourself if this is really the time to be worried?

Today was a killer day for all tech... not a surprise Tesla also went down with the ship and with a typical multiple. I do wonder which news event or series of events will turn this around... or will it just hit a few algorithm triggers before rebounding? To me, the long-term picture is clear, the next 3-6 months are not. If we by some chance end up in the 500s in late June to mid-July, I'll be leveraging up as much as I could reasonably stand to lose.

I must admit, like others this has been severely painful to experience. I was on the wrong side of leverage when the drop began in late January. I am now severely stressed out by some Jan 22 700calls that I bought on margin back in November. Just a few weeks ago 700 by January would have seemed safe...now I am not so sure...

Buy when others are fearful. Everyone here is smart enough to know what Q2 is going to look like. And the typical complaints (low demand, profit only because of regulatory credits, etc.) will not apply. There will be very little FUD-able material with Q2 results. If I weren't already all-in, I would go all in somewhere around here.

I'll wait. The MA(200) is in play now that its value has risen well above the Mar 5, 2021 SP dip. We've only visited the MA(200) twice since Wed, Oct 23, 2019 (hours before Q3 Earnings), and again on Mar 18, 2020 (during the Alameda/covid panik).

After our last visit to the 200-day moving avg, here's what happened the following month: (Mar-Apr 2020).

N.B. SP's shown are pre-split, MA(200) is in BLUE which is 80.10 split-adjusted):

sc.TSLA.50-DayChart.2020-04-15.20-00.png

Today the MA(200) is 578.10 or 7.2x where it was last visit. The long-term trend is strongly up.

We'll be fine. HODL'ing. :D

Cheers!

Last edited:
I must admit, like others this has been severely painful to experience. I was on the wrong side of leverage when the drop began in late January. I am now severely stressed out by some Jan 22 700calls that I bought on margin back in November. Just a few weeks ago 700 by January would have seemed safe...now I am not so sure...
Through dumb luck I decided to get rid of all my margin at the end of 2020. It hurt to sell and it hurt to pay the taxes, but that’s done. It served me well last year, but I won’t be doing it again.

Well. I'm very happy today. I got my Starlink and hooked it up(so easy)Got 160 Mbs/second. Now I'm rebooting it which may take 2 hours since it needs to upgrade. 15 times faster than our old internet. Since TSLA was down I relinquished some T for TSLA at 624. I stopped paying attention to the news long ago. Cost average buying for me.