Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Me and this week so far:

zGHQb4O.gif

Re. monopoly or funny money: Hm... wasn't BTC also monopoly money in 2008? Or in 2012? Or even as late a 2016, before the big bitcoin boom?
There are valid objections to crypto, based on resources used to mine, maturity and a host of other reasons.
It is just not clear to me what the fundamental difference is between your stance on BTC and Doge, other than popularity. Isn't dogecoin more or less a clone of bitcoin technology wise?
The difference is BTC's intent was to be legitimate. Doge's intent was to make fun of crypto.

There's like confusion on top of fud. Vincent should stick to the old numbers as this was reported by Chinese media.

So, if my brain is working correctly, this report states that 25k units were sold in China in Apr, and 14k units exported. Implying total production at Shanghai GF of ~39k in April. Which makes sense to me given the end of quarter sprint in March (delivering production capacity locally), followed by front loading production for export to other markets in April. Am I missing something?

If Tesla produced 25K and shipped 14 they only sold 11K locally? I have not seen the 11K number anywhere.

This makes no sense. FUD across the board. Cannot even get a straight answer on P and D.

EDIT: If Tesla actually produced 40K with MY shut down for two weeks, then I don’t care, the stock should skyrocket. If Tesla produced 25k with MY shut down for two weeks then this is a nothingburger either way.

Last edited:
Vincent's second interpretation is most likely impossible unless Tesla was loading a dream and a prayer onto the boats according to ship tracker. Their load time increased qoq.

In any case, even 25K production in half the month is impressive and way over what we thought the capacity would be.

If Tesla produced 25K and shipped 14 they only sold 11K locally? I have not seen the 11K number anywhere.

This makes no sense. FUD across the board. Cannot even get a straight answer on P and D.
Yeah impossible Tesla sold so few even if due to the brake FUD as that happened near end of the month. Also I know my people, not a single person will be giving up their deposit and not take delivery.

In any case, even 25K production in half the month is impressive and way over what we thought the capacity would be.
But that would mean 25K of a full month of Model 3 production since Model 3 lines werent shutdown with 14K of them being exported since only Model 3 being exported. So the 11K would be Model 3 for Chinese market plus 2 weeks Model Y. That seems like an awfully small number.

Reactions: kanweg
@Artful Dodger might have called the 580 bottom successfully! Your messages are like bible, thank you for being here for us as guidance and as a sane opinion. Your calm and collected arguments always amaze me.
Lol, @Curt Renz taught me everything I know (but not everything HE knows...)

We stand on the Shoulders of Giants. :D

EDIT: The Pre-Market Low was $578 at 08:32:08 AM, so we definately kissed MA(200)

sc.TSLA.50-DayChart.2021-05-12.09-32.png

Cheers!

Last edited:
Jesus we can’t even get Tess bulls to get information right. The data straight out of China was 25 sold in China, 14k exported. For a total of 39k production. I have no clue why Vincent is changing his numbers and saying the report is confusing.
People have been calling out on his Twitter feed with the other numbers. Mostly in Mandarin...

Does not mean they are right though. Guess we will find out eventually....

Confession: Elon seriously asking whether Tesla should accept Doge and getting an overwhelmingly positive response bothers me a heck of a lot more than the stock being down 7% premarket.

We (myself included) love to praise Elon's first principles thinking. However there is no way to reconcile Doge and first principles thinking.

Edit: thanks @willow_hiller for wading into r/dogecoin so I didn't need to. I'm sure you're right that the brigading skewed the poll results. But not as certain that Elon originally posted it as a joke. That said, Elon has completely broken my online sarcasm detector.
My interpretation is that Elon's poll is serious: I doubt he sees any first-principle difference between BTC and doge, from a technical perspective.

And, the fact that doge was conceived as a joke-currency, it kinda makes sense that it would be even funnier if it turned out to be worth a lot in the future. A sorta double joke, or joke within a joke, inception-style. Especially if you, as Elon has stated many times, sorta believe that we live in a simulation.

From a generational standpoint, doge might be a thing: Are the WSB-crowd even old enough to be Gen-Z? We know from countless anecdotes here on TMC that kids as young as 5-6 love Tesla. Maybe doge is simply next level marketing, creating and sustaining demand going 5-10-15 years ahead.
Think about it: The equivalent story would have been for Bill Gates to sell us Gen X'ers some weird, homemade Microsoft stock very cheep early on, making many of, or at least some of us a lot of cash. That is not something you forget, as a young person.

Jesus we can’t even get Tess bulls to get information right. The data straight out of China was 25 sold in China, 14k exported. For a total of 39k production. I have no clue why Vincent is changing his numbers and saying the report is confusing.

Agreed. Bull or bear - I just want the data straight and correct, then we can discuss how to interpret and interpolate.

CNBC touting malls and retail. Lol

It's like these guys can simply say "rotation play" and the whole world echo's it.

I mean....positive things are being said about JCPenney.

Without researching into this, my smooth brain would think that the wheel would rotate back out into growth as the spread between value and growth collapses. At some point, perhaps PM this morning, the risk/reward tilts in growth's favour.

Side comment: Jocko Willink narrating the disclosure on PLTR's earnings this morning was badass.