Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Peter Rawlinson on CNBC just refused to confirm 2022 sales projections. All he was willing to say is that they're planning to deliver 577 cars this year. Exactly 577. Absolutely bizarre.
I would expect that they have bought enough parts to make 600 cars and they anticipate they can deliver that many. But yeah, that is an engineers response and not a CEO.

• Funny
Reactions: Artful Dodger
That Reuters article that was posted is borderline criminal. All the proper keywords are there for algo trading. It's such a pointless article that's the worst part haven't seen FUD like this in a while.
And just to be sure the algos didn't miss it, the crooks at CNBS pushed to out there again, with a nice snidey opinion to go with it

1620751148523.png

Benzinga - 9 minutes ago: Unusual Options Alerts - TSLA

Excerpt:

For TSLA (NASDAQ:TSLA), we notice a put option sweep that happens to be bullish, expiring in 10 day(s) on May 21, 2021. This event was a transfer of 212 contract(s) at a $475.00 strike. This particular put needed to be split into 16 different trades to become filled. The total cost received by the writing party (or parties) was $59.9K, with a price of $283.0 per contract. There were 3397 open contracts at this strike prior to today, and today 17086 contract(s) were bought and sold.

Benzinga - 9 minutes ago: Unusual Options Alerts - TSLA

Excerpt:

For TSLA (NASDAQ:TSLA), we notice a put option sweep that happens to be bullish, expiring in 10 day(s) on May 21, 2021. This event was a transfer of 212 contract(s) at a $475.00 strike. This particular put needed to be split into 16 different trades to become filled. The total cost received by the writing party (or parties) was $59.9K, with a price of $283.0 per contract. There were 3397 open contracts at this strike prior to today, and today 17086 contract(s) were bought and sold.
Seems that QQQ is not breaking down today which means it's the end of wave 4. Wave 5 will bring QQQ to ATH. If QQQ breaks down today then expect massive blood ahead.

It occurred to me that the MS deliveries could be delayed as they are waiting for V9. Motortrend will only test once - Elon wants them to talk about FSD in the best light possible. Also, they could be delaying for the MX. Motortrend etc. could do a double review.
I really hope they haven't tied revenue from Plaid to V9. I can see Elon doing that as a forcing function though. I do expect that the Yoke gear prediction might need V9. That functionality seems to be really dependent on the system understanding it's 360 degree surroundings and would greatly benefit from the 3D 360 degree stitched labeled training data.

Peter Rawlinson on CNBC just refused to confirm 2022 sales projections. All he was willing to say is that they're planning to deliver 577 cars this year. Exactly 577. Absolutely bizarre.
Let's hope for Lucid's sake that those 577 cars bring in enough profit margin to cover the cost of their commercial on the recent Saturday Night Live. ;)

I wanted to call E*TRADE to adjust my margin interest rate as recommended in a post here months ago. The poster referenced another brokerage that offers 1-3% interest rates which is far below what my native rate on my account is.

I’m at 10% margin on an account with less than $1 mil. Net acct value. (Edit) I believe they referenced interactive brokerage at below 2%

Anyone have a link to that post. Thanks in advance.
Here's IBKR Margin Rate page, it can be used to calculate rates based upon account size, and Lite or Pro account.

IIRC, they base their interest rate on LIBOR, rather than the US benchmark that many other brokers use.

When I tried this tactic with Fidelity they were candid about not being able to come close, but, they did offer me a small rate adjustment. So, if you try this with E*TRADE, report back on how it goes.

I ended up transferring some shares to IBKR to get the rate, and kept the rest in Fidelity. I like Fidelity's interface better. IBKR is convoluted and it is like pulling teeth to master their reporting system in order to get basic stats about the shares, the account, etc. It leaves me with the feeling they have built their system to promote lots of trading on margin, using options, etc. and it can be clumsy and unintuitive for a long-term investor. Probably fine for the gamblers.

FWIW, this is working fine for using Margin the way I wanted. I just ignore their attempts to helpfully steer me toward the other stuff.

Curious as I am bc I live about an hour from the Lucid factory, I pulled this up from Feb... robot videos can be deceiving. (I didn't see today's CNBC).

First, cars are not moving on the line, at all (hence 577 seems bullish). Next, I didn't see a single welding robot (needed to assemble the hundreds if smaller pieces together). Manually, this is very time-consuming and costly, despite the appearance of a volume factory. I think some robots were told to do something for the video, seeing them all spinning and doing nothing, lol. And where is stamping in the video? Are they rolling sheet metal by hand?

Then there's talk of Phase II and III when Phase I was suppose to be 1 car built every 10 min capacity. What?

The once high flying ARK Invest ETFs have been plummeting this year in pace with the growth stocks they hold. At more than 10% in each, TSLA remains easily the largest holding in three ARK ETFs that own it. Cathie's policy is to not buy more of a company that exceeds 10% of a fund. Hence, she has not traded in TSLA this month. But she has been heavily dumping ARK's AAPL and WKHS holdings, among others.

Tomorrow ARK will conduct its monthly webinar at 1:30 pm EDT. We here at TMC may want to know more about what they have to say about TSLA. One does not need to be an ARK shareholder to listen, watch slides or submit written questions: ARK Webinar Registration
I see now that when I posted this last night, it was already a couple of minutes into Tuesday EDT. The webinar will commence in a few minutes. :cool:

Seems that QQQ is not breaking down today which means it's the end of wave 4. Wave 5 will bring QQQ to ATH. If QQQ breaks down today then expect massive blood ahead.
Just wanted to say thank you for introducing me to the https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUP_ao_7-Yct5FcVIA4Kobg

Some of the cleanest, consistent TA I have yet to come across on the internet.

Now to stare at the QQQ price chart all day and see if it closes above 325.

Here's IBKR Margin Rate page, it can be used to calculate rates based upon account size, and Lite or Pro account.

IIRC, they base their interest rate on LIBOR, rather than the US benchmark that many other brokers use.

When I tried this tactic with Fidelity they were candid about not being able to come close, but, they did offer me a small rate adjustment. So, if you try this with E*TRADE, report back on how it goes.

I ended up transferring some shares to IBKR to get the rate, and kept the rest in Fidelity. I like Fidelity's interface better. IBKR is convoluted and it is like pulling teeth to master their reporting system in order to get basic stats about the shares, the account, etc. It leaves me with the feeling they have built their system to promote lots of trading on margin, using options, etc. and it can be clumsy and unintuitive for a long-term investor. Probably fine for the gamblers.

FWIW, this is working fine for using Margin the way I wanted. I just ignore their attempts to helpfully steer me toward the other stuff.
Thank you. I did reference ibkr rates. I’m waiting to hear what my rate adjustment will be (will advise). Hopefully they can come close; as I’d rather not switch brokerages.

I don’t do options so it’s really just a matter of paying my tax bill without selling shares at these unreasonably low prices.

Wow if TSLA manages to close green today I will be quite impressed, from that deep dive in the pre market and beginning of the session. One take away for me would be that in the "old days" where TSLA was a much more fringe/smaller cap stock any FUD being thrown at it would stick harder and take longer to wipe away, but now that TSLA is in the big leagues much bigger players with a lot more analytic fire power have their eyes on the stock, so stuff like the China news today takes a lot less time to work through and disregard as the FUD that it is (for the market as a whole, not for TMC, we've always been on the top of stuff quickly. Which is why I always come to this forum first whenever I see a big move up or down on any given day. I'm confident that if there is some in fact materially really bad news, that actually warrant a big drop in share price, this forum will correctly identify this as well. Though it can sometimes get slightly ecco chamberishy for the most part we've avoided that phenomenon!).

Yeah, dude. Manufacturing at volume is hard. I’ll believe it when I see it and not a second before. Keep wasting your money on commercial spots. There’s a reason Tesla almost didn’t make it multiple times and why prior to Tesla every single new try in the automotive space failed for many decades. Just because Tesla showed everyone how to do it, doesn’t mean they can do it.