Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
He's far too disciplined to do anything so self-defeating as that.

This is the same guy who lost almost as much by himself in one day than all of TSLAQ combined in 2020 because he couldn't keep his pants zipped, right?

They said it was their 84th successful landing. That's incredible. I had no idea they have done that many already. I figured 50 at most.

IIRC SpaceX did more launches in 2020 than anyone else in the world, and have a shot in 2021 of launching more than everyone else in the world combined

Fremont is packed to the gill with refresh S’ and it seems like a new line is coming near the current two tents! Video tonight!

From now on, I'll be doing a 24-hour early access to my mid-tier Patreon members. The current flyover video is now available to them.

I'll post the link to this forum tomorrow for all of you to enjoy.

I'm hoping this message is acceptable to the mods. I won't be advertising any more and will be posting my public videos just as in the past - but with a delay.

Screen Shot 2021-05-15 at 4.10.45 PM.png

I’m going to tell my grandchildren that 'Lamborghini' was a type of curly pasta that once was as popular as a side dish of coal. :p

Now that's a TASTY appetizer. Bring on the main course! :D

Cheers!
Unfortunately, Model S Plaid prototype already scored 1:30:30 back on Sep 23 2020. So this unconfirmed time of 1:30:XX is not that ground breaking. Also not the fastest of production car either, which was held by MCLaren Senna (2019) at 1:27:62
Reference: WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca - Wikipedia

Is he going to upgrade to FSD before delivery??
I don’t think so. Here in California it doesn’t make much sense to do so…unless you need to finance it; as our vehicle registration fees are calculated based on total purchase price.

Here it makes more sense to add it after delivery…that’s what we did, got points on for the credit card purchase, and lower registration dues for the life of ownership.

Not sure if they calculate registration fees differently elsewhere.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, Model S Plaid prototype already scored 1:30:30 back on Sep 23 2020. So this unconfirmed time of 1:30:XX is not that ground breaking. Also not the fastest of production car either, which was held by MCLaren Senna (2019) at 1:27:62
Reference: WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca - Wikipedia

Lol, with 75 total units produced, the McLaren Senna was as much a production car as Ayrton Senna was a truck driver.

Tesla made more Plaid S last week than the total no. of McSenna's that will ever exist. If you want to track barely-streetable race cars, wait for the Roadster (which will be built by the thousands). And I'm not even talking about the SpaceX edition (which will still likely be built in greater numbers than the Senna).

BTW, the 7-seater Model S Plaid+ will very likely beat ur Senna around Laguna Seca. How embarassing for coal-rollers. Its the end of the ICE-age, and not a moment too soon. Forward!

Cheers!

More free advertising.

Dariush tells Rogan in his post fight interview…”I need to call out your buddy Elon; Elon, I’m gonna have a baby and I need a safe car. Been waiting 6 months. Get me my car!”

Hilarious. Woke up my wife and pissed her off cackling at the post fight interview.

Hoping he was waiting for a refresh Model S.

Of all the call outs a UFC fighter would make.. this would be the most unexpected.

i am stunned and amazed
watched Starlink launch & landing
the video feed was on all way from over 100 km out down to leg deploy on drone ship and landing
it was going 8,000 clicks and slowed to 0.0 for touchdown
edit:
what was even more intriguing
it was going ~8,000 kph
first burn slowed to ~5,500 then turned off
it _continued_ to slow as it descended on a pillow of hot compressed air until landing burn for final stop

you could read the name on the drone

HODL
Damn, these are so regular now that I don't even know they're occurring any more...

Given the Rocket Lab failure the other day, makes you me wonder why anyone would use any other company for orbital payload delivery

A 4K feed, I think that's the first time I've seen that?

More free advertising.

Dariush tells Rogan in his post fight interview…”I need to call out your buddy Elon; Elon, I’m gonna have a baby and I need a safe car. Been waiting 6 months. Get me my car!”

Elon has 53.4M Followers on Twitter right now. Let's see how this changes after tonight's SNL appearance. :D

Cheers!

Elon now has 54.8M followers on Twitter. So Elon has added 1.4M people to his Twitter following in the past week since his SNL hosting gig. That's free MARKETING, the best kind which sells cars by word of mouth.

Just an anecdote, this evening an old friend (who has been *ahem* a Tesla skeptic) asked me about the Model 3 direct drive gear reduction and regen braking... lol, I ended up talking his ear off about the SRPM motors, reluctance torque, and 1-pedal driving (his undergraduate science degree has dual majors in physics/math). Now he needs to recharge his phone... :p

Cheers!

Last edited:
I was doing my civic Tesla duty yesterday in the supermarket parking lot and answering questions about my M3 to a nice guy driving a Triumph bike. After 15 minutes he said "I'm sold! Thanks a lot".

Two interesting things he said:
- "I used to drive a Cobra, now I drive a hybrid, so I get it and everything, but I'm not sure about range." I gave him the real story and told him the example of my 7,500 mile trip from Canada to Mexico to California and back. He was convinced. 🙂
- "I thought Elon was a jerk, an arrogant jerk. But after seeing him on SNL, I like him. He's the smartest guy in the room, sure, but he's not a jerk." My partner said the same. She said the SNL spot humanized Elon compared to the tweets and memes and trolls she'd heard through the media.

The Mission continues!

Last edited:
A 4K feed, I think that's the first time I've seen that?

Did anyone see a Starlink antenna blister on the booster? I can hardly wait until they bring up the LASER link between Starlink networks on Earth and Mars. Watching the first humans land on Mars in 4K hi-def video is going to be epic, eye-opening, world-changing drama which will change the lives of 7-year olds in the same way the "Earthrise" changed the 1960s. 😎

Earthrise1_Apollo8AndersWeigang_2048.jpg

We're flying spaceships 'round the stars
Getting faster by the hour
Pretty soon we'll be on Mars
Build another ivory tower

It's been over half a century now since Apollo 11. It only took 65 years from the Wright Bros. 1st powered flight until the first moon landing. Let's get on with it, and inspire our youth for the next big adventure. Forward!

Cheers!

Last edited: