Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But they sold 10% of the BTC, did they not, so likely 38k BTC, not 42K, no?
I have the bitcoin transactions as follows:

Purchased 46,775 bitcoins for average price of $32,068 for $1.5B
Sold 4,572 bitcoins at $59,487 for proceeds of 272m ($128m gain)
Remaining bitcoints at 42,203 valued at $31,493 for total of 1.33B on the Q1 Balance Sheet.

Agree $1200 is possible, but the current upper resistance of the wedge we are now trading in is still above $650 and plenty of time to get there TSLA-style. This wedge formation closes around July 1st. There will be a big move (20% or more) when we break out IMO. And it might not happen until Q2 deliveries, etc are well understood at the end of June. But in the meantime I sure wouldn’t bet against a fast ride up to the descending 6 month trend line above 650 before it retraces. In my 9 years of trading TSLA I have seen a lot of money made trading in the wedges. This one became pretty clear at 570 ish - and I would bet there there is a lot of big money looking for a $100 point ride from that 1-year support to the top of the descending wedge

OMG. I can't believe I just "liked" a technical analysis post! What does it mean? All I know is it makes me feel like:

1621886753937.png

/s

Leave him alone, every time he opens his mouth the share price goes up :)

My careful statistical analysis going back 2 years shows that, on average, every time Gordon Johnson says "basically" on CNBC, while referring to Telsa (which so far is basically every time), the stock goes up six dollars and ninety-four cents and 20 hundredths of a cent. I get a new Tesla basically every time he uses that word!

Does CNBC have a "request line" so we can flood them with requests for more appearances of GJ? We don't want to kill the goose that basically lays the golden eggs!

Last edited:
My careful statistical analysis going back 2 years shows that, on average, every time Gordon Johnson says "basically" on CNBC, while referring to Telsa (which so far is basically every time), the stock goes up six dollars and ninety-four cents and 20 hundredths of a cent.

;)
Thought it was 'essentially' and not 'basically'

• Funny
Reactions: Criscmt and Drezil
I would classify today as a big win for us longs. Up 4.4% on healthy volume and appearing to want to break out even more.

20210524 TSLA CHART.jpg

We closed above the 200 DMA which is great. Hopefully any retests will hold strong.

Our next target would be the Mid-BB at 632.04, but what we really want to see is the 50 DMA at 665.76. This is when many technicians would get happy about a buy point.

The macros are suddenly behaving like all the worries of the past two months have dissipated. Most likely we are simply seeing the continuation of a late stage bull market. I would caution, it has been a while since we have seen a correction (plus 10% loss) and from what I understand, these tend to happen a couple of times a year, so chances are that one is coming up soon. Not like you can argue the market is undervalued... especially the usual tech leaders which are plodding their way towards all time highs. Perhaps if they fail on that attempt we will get to see carnage.

In the meantime, GO TSLA!

In case anyone was curious...I was...I now better understand why Elon joined the board of Endeavor (who's major property is MMA). I read a profile this weekend of Ari Emanuel who is the CEO. He is the brother of Rahm who the former Mayor of Chicago and was chief of staff to Obama. Anyway seems Elon and Ari are good friends. So I guessed Ari asked him. The profile was not overly flattering of Avi nor overly negative. I hope Elon spends 0.000001% of his time thinking about Endeavor. Can't think of 2 companies with more opposite 'usefulness'. Tesla's, too me, is so important. Endeavor could disappear tomorrow and...yawn.

I converted 2 on-the-fence friends to placed model Y orders this weekend. What did the rest of you lot do?