Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, judging by today's Options trading volume, there is a hard floor forming at the 600 SP now with about 43K contracts trading today.

We'll need to wait until tomorrow morning to find out what net effect that volume has. Before trading began today, there were just 5,784 Put contracts open at the 600 Strike price (and 7,958 Call contracts).

If the number of Put contracts at the 600 Strike increases substantially, then it becomes increasingly expensive for MMs to allow the SP to go below that level (thus forming a 'hard floor' for the SP).

View attachment 666050
Cheers!
My observation during this down-turn is that MM's don't really care if they close below the put-walls, happens week after week. I can only surmise they're happy to buy the shares, but not so happy to sell them via calls...

Can't wait for CNBS, Lora Kolodny, Linette Lopez etc. to follow suite apologizing for spreading lies.
But, I guess Tesla legal has to threaten them first as Tesla-China did to those FUDsters.
In CN, if you're caught doing this and the authorities don't like it, then you'll be off to the gulags if you don't eat crow fast. In the USA you'll get rewarded with a promotion and more prime-time...

My most recent flyover is now available. More Model S deliveries lining up in the logistics lot.

Enjoy

There seems to be a distinction between castings that are stacked in frames vs others just loosely stacked on top of eachother. Does anyone know why?
1621965151237.png

My most recent flyover is now available. More Model S deliveries lining up in the logistics lot.

Enjoy

Maybe a new take... Gov't vehicles perhaps getting retrofits, radios, etc?

All in dark paint speaks something to me. There are no "colored" parts to my understanding that only work on the Red or White vehicles. Why all the same color (except for that one white Tesla, it's the decoy).

1621965393527.png

All in dark paint speaks something to me. There are no "colored" parts to my understanding that only work on the Red or White vehicles. Why all the same color (except for that one white Tesla, it's the decoy).

View attachment 666063
Either that, or they're testing the new color changing paint. At least one worked!

View attachment 666063
They're all the same color because it's more efficient to produce cars batched in colors. Make a bunch of reds, switch out the paint color, make a bunch of whites, etc.

breaking news from Tesla:

Transitioning to Tesla Vision
We are continuing the transition to Tesla Vision, our camera-based Autopilot system. Beginning with deliveries in May 2021, Model 3 and Model Y vehicles built for the North American market will no longer be equipped with radar. Instead, these will be the first Tesla vehicles to rely on camera vision and neural net processing to deliver Autopilot, Full-Self Driving and certain active safety features. Customers who ordered before May 2021 and are matched to a car with Tesla Vision will be notified of the change through their Tesla Accounts prior to delivery.

@Knightshade

There seems to be a distinction between castings that are stacked in frames vs others just loosely stacked on top of eachother. Does anyone know why?
View attachment 666062

View attachment 666062
Not to be flip but I'd go with the most likely explanation...they ran out of frames.

We are continuing the transition to Tesla Vision, our camera-based Autopilot system. Beginning with deliveries in May 2021, Model 3 and Model Y vehicles built for the North American market will no longer be equipped with radar. Instead, these will be the first Tesla vehicles to rely on camera vision and neural net processing to deliver Autopilot, Full-Self Driving and certain active safety features. Customers who ordered before May 2021 and are matched to a car with Tesla Vision will be notified of the change through their Tesla Accounts prior to delivery.

@Knightshade

Thanks for posting.... that's certainly WAY more bullish... I'm honestly surprised they're removing the HW that quickly given we know they haven't had vision-only NNs operating in production without radar on at all yet.

Maybe the recent LIDAR test car ground-truthing showed them it had gotten so accurate they didn't need active large fleet testing nearly as much...

2 odd notes-

They're limiting a few features initially compared to radar-equipped cars, so I guess they still feel they need SOME additional large-fleet testing...

and

It implies S/X are NOT transitioning yet... which seems odd they wouldn't use the refresh to do this and avoid having had to design for mounting/wiring/etc a part they won't need going forward.

@Knightshade
Interesting news. Though I am a bit surprised they only mention Model 3 and Model Y.
What does that mean for the Model S and X?

@Knightshade
Color me a bit surprised they are doing this so fast. Would have thought Tesla would want a large amount of cars testing this in all sorts of conditions with radar disabled. Then once happy with results stop installing radar. Now they have potential of having to recall cars if something goes wrong.

Thanks for posting.... that's certainly WAY more bullish... I'm honestly surprised they're removing the HW that quickly given we know they haven't had vision-only NNs operating in production without radar on at all yet.

Maybe the recent LIDAR test car ground-truthing showed them it had gotten so accurate they didn't need active large fleet testing nearly as much...

2 odd notes-

They're limiting a few features initially compared to radar-equipped cars, so I guess they still feel they need SOME additional large-fleet testing...

and

It implies S/X are NOT transitioning yet... which seems odd they wouldn't use the refresh to do this and avoid having had to design for mounting/wiring/etc a part they won't need going forward.
It says why not S/X down below....

Why aren’t Model S and Model X transitioning now?
Model 3 and Model Y are our higher volume vehicles. Transitioning them to Tesla Vision first allows us to analyze a large volume of real-world data in a short amount of time, which ultimately speeds up the roll-out of features based on Tesla Vision.

Color me a bit surprised they are doing this so fast. Would have thought Tesla would want a large amount of cars testing this in all sorts of conditions with radar disabled. Then once happy with results stop installing radar. Now they have potential of having to recall cars if something goes wrong.
They've probably been A/B testing this for a while now.

@Knightshade
So is this the reason that “thousands of” Model 3&Y was put to “containment hold” because they were “missing parts”?
In that case they were just missing the final release software? Sure that can be installed in service center, in fact that’s going to be just an OTA and don’t have any labor costs at all.

Warning, Fred link below

Last edited:
View attachment 666062
Don't know why - but those stacked in frames seem to be stacked a few on top of eachother on each shelf. And those on the ground are not stacked any higher. So they may have a stacking limit they are obeying. And if so then the ones on the ground are not discarded.

And for those watching Austin videos they don't seem to stack any higher there either.