Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To be honest if they can't get FSD working in the tunnels within the next few months that would be a terrible sign. These are the most controlled spaces possible. A roomba could manage.
Seems to me that it's either a permit thing or that they want to see how people behave around the cars as they get in/out and walk around the stations. The actual driving from tunnel entrance to tunnel exit is the easy part.

Or maybe they don't have a way to 'lock' the driving wheel and other inputs. You just know that it wouldn't take 30 minutes from the first autonomous drive until some dumb/drunk/sabotaging convention visitor would yank the driving wheel.

R.I.P. BMW.

I'm sure by the late 2020s when BMW wants to get into the scene with solid state batteries there are going to leapfrog everyone and win back all their market share they lost over the last decade :rolleyes: /s

Speaking of BMW... you're not gonna believe this. I think a BMW just tried to race me today! NOW I'm pumped for the Plaid event! Here's the play by play. I really have no idea what model it was, so maybe not a fair fight - can someone spot the model?

Maybe they thought I was some heavy SUV, or just testing to see if all that Tesla hype was for reals, IDK. But my Dual LR Model Y with the Performance upgrade has my wife's Model 3 running scared of this beast. I still get excited from driving this, while also being incredibly humbled by the Plaid Specs. (I would pay for a ride just to feel it for two whole seconds - why not make it a Carnival ride, eh?)

At first, I didn't know it was on. This was our second red light and I was not paying attention of my challenger directly to my left. If it was growling at me, I couldn't hear it over my rockin' stereo system - with more speakers than my fingers and toes combined. On Full FSD (emphasising "Full" for some reason), I was more interested in the new Pure Vision behaviors and how the phantom braking from crossing car was completely gone. Smooth as butter now even without the radar.

1623352104041.png

So there we lined up. A large pickup truck (Cyber fan perhaps) to my right, and the Bimmer to my left. He doesn't punch it (or at least I couldn't tell really), until this moment when I suddenly realize that some car had just pulled away from me for the first time in like... years. THAT got my attention. It's rare, and I still never punch it right away because of pedestrians or other cross traffic. Maybe this BMW saw that as hesitation or a weakness, who knows what they were thinking. But apparently, we were off!

I'm guessing I was doing about 40 mph when I first noticed; he had a good two car lengths on me already. So my adrenaline kicked in. Was this an actual challenger in this dark sleeper? My reactions were quick cuz it was not looking good for Tesla at this moment with that Truck possibly losing some belief as well.

This was also the exact moment I realized that I might be over my head thinking he might have me at the higher speeds, and I just blew my hole shot which is the funnest part!

1623352276895.png

Then next 3 seconds went by pretty quick. I was only up to about 65 (ya sorry it was in a 45 but no other cars, obviously). Next moment I looked, I wasn't sure who I was racing. Or even if it was a race? Maybe the driver was just enjoying their hole shot just as so many of us enjoy. Maybe I was being too proud out there today, and maybe I should at least size up the competition so I don't look like some show-off. (Thinking... processing...)

1623353571646.png

Oh hell no! It was fair and square. Plus they started it whether realizing this or not. Ya don't dance with the wolves if you can't dance with some teeth. They should be more careful of the badges worn. Oh that S Curve is gonna hurt for a while still.

This is Plaid day, and I'm pumped for the excitement and for Mr. Market. I have no sell orders and don't plan on any either. I would even bet a selloff is just as likely this week. Oooo.

I think I figured out wall street. Flip 20 coins. Take the middle 8. Assign a 1 for heads and a 0 for tails. Use those 8 bits as a seed to a random number generator. Generate 1000 random numbers and average them. If that value is even, then the stock might go up tomorrow.
If it's odd....it might go down, or might go up....then again...if its even, it could do that as well.

Reactions: Chunky Jr.
What serenity? Do you see lots of people on this forum serene as Tsla is red 70% of all trading days? All I see is infighting, battling care bears, fighting FUD, and screaming manipulation.

That stuff always goes on. I think you focus on the negative with observations like that. And the manipulation is primarily an issue when trading or playing options, not long-term buy/holding.

Of course when it's something good they don't mention that it was a Tesla. I'm just assuming but, a car in southern California that has a rear dashcam?
Seems to me that it's either a permit thing or that they want to see how people behave around the cars as they get in/out and walk around the stations. The actual driving from tunnel entrance to tunnel exit is the easy part.

Or maybe they don't have a way to 'lock' the driving wheel and other inputs. You just know that it wouldn't take 30 minutes from the first autonomous drive until some dumb/drunk/sabotaging convention visitor would yank the driving wheel.
I'm not worried that they can't do it, it's just that I expect that capability sooner rather than later. And of course, approval is always a wildcard.

Of course when it's something good they don't mention that it was a Tesla. I'm just assuming but, a car in southern California that has a rear dashcam?

I'm not worried that they can't do it, it's just that I expect that capability sooner rather than later. And of course, approval is always a wildcard.
It's a jungle out there....men will go through any length to meet women these days.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

He also said that the game was just one of the surprises and that the “game” was a relatively small surprise
I hope he took my daydream post about making games interact with what is going on outside the car.
As the simplest example doing a mileage game where young kids get points for taking photos on a phone or "gun" that is bluetooth connected to the game system... and extra points for certain words they "shoot". The words can be words that have been identified on the road signs. This could become an educational game in the area of Geography as well as learning to read. The words themselves could appear as an image on the phone or game screen before being shot or captured. Tesla's cameras could read the words and images on signs as it travels down the road, or have a game that updates itself from other teslas that have traveled the same road recently, and alert the children to be aware that a certain object of point value is "ahead" or "visible."
Are you confused yet?
A game could also be done whereby the children traveling in two different teslas could earn points by being the first to recognise the other tesla. The children in the cars could reach their point total by their skill of seeing the other one first, and more points would be given to the first child based on how long it took the second child to recognise the tesla/child that already recognised him. While failure to recognise within a certain time would cause the second child to start forfeiting points to the first child.
Games concerning tree identification would be easy.
And lastly a game of hydrology... Everytime a road passes over a bridge the child is asked to choose the name of the lake/stream/creek/river from three choices. And if a flowing body of water to guess the amount of flow that is currently occuring (believe me when I tell you that the flow is more often being monitored so the game could be accurate.) Bonus questions or higher levels could be achieved for answering questions about the body of water. Subjects such as destination, origination, most common species of various families, rare or endangered species.
OH another, are you still reading? the car's camera's could be used to run a simulation where ICE vehicles need to be eliminated, and electric vehicles are fellow X (wing) fighters. With gasoline carriers being motherships, requiring all the tires to be shot off so they will veer of the road and crash...

Looks as though I may have been a year or two early in my prediction. However, my number of $30k was pre-split vs. post split below.

View attachment 671697

Some of these numbers seem a bit "Warren Redlich" over-eager. A 40 trillion market cap by 2030 just doesn't seem realistic to me. My own modeling predicts between a 3-4 trillion market cap in 2030, more like a $3000 share price, and while I admit I tend to plan on the conservative side it's not THAT conservative!

Anything more than $5K per share by 2030 and I literally won't know what to do with all of my wealth. 🤔

That's going to go over well with the German unions. But assuming they can do the downsizing, it will be almost impossible to build up their panache again after they've relegated themselves to a niche player with no development. Shareholders will also start dumping shares. Also the supply chain will be totally different because the specialty parts of the supply chain are just too different. Tires and wheels are about the only exception.
This panache aspect you so flippantly disregard....
How on God's green Earth is the product brand not given the recognition on here that is achieving in the market. People are idiots. Porsche is already selling a car not Tesla's equal for 2x the money based solely on the brand name. And The Ford Mache Mustang is as much a Mustang as I am a ladyboy. But the "Mustang" name separates the car from all other electric cars. And here again it can't even come close to the Model Y. And come on, Audi?
The perception is the reality. BMW will survive if they just get pointed in the right direction.

Reactions: cusetownusa
Sorry if I'm behind on the latest, but did they change the time of the event? It was supposed to be at 7pm local time, which would be 4am in most of Europe (CET), but the event live counter shows 7 hours 10 minutes to go, which is 8:30pm LA/5:30am Europe.

Update: nevermind, just found a tweet with the invite details. Remarks start at 8:30pm...

• Informative
Reactions: UncaNed and MikkoJ