Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah ofcourse its an iterative process. But I would really love it for her to get the 4680 structural battery. I have not been trading Tesla recently so not in the know about when it is finally expected to arrive
Buying a Tesla is like buying a computer. Yes, you can keep waiting for the next improvement but then you will never have a computer.

She should buy the car when she needs a car. There is nothing wrong with the cars from Fremont. The two we have had since 2018 are still like new. If she already has a reliable car and just wants a nicer/more ecological one, then she could go either way. But she should be aware that it's still going to be about the same car from a practical perspective. But to get it she will have to be without it for a lot longer.

So it really comes down to when she wants to take ownership. IMO, the sooner the better for quality of life reasons. And it might be hard to get a Texas car in San Fran if Fremont is still making Model Y's by then. Because there is a cost with shipping cars, enviro and monetary.

To further explain my game interest.
I was a teacher. So the time gaming clearly increases a child's intelligence, and will create tendencies. The child would become more aware of their surroundings, learn to understand the size of the world, how it all fits together, as well as not say, "Are we there yet?"
What great ideas, @lafrisbee! (those who've never road tripped distances with kids are excused for not reading!). What a natural extension of car games using the power of Tesla's infotainment system, but putting the focus on the real, outside world vs. just dumb-watching videos like they're in their living rooms.

Can you say "Tesla Apps Store"..?

Reactions: Nolimits
Yikes, that's 10:30 here in the Midwest. Now after enduring a week of late night west coast Cub games comes this. ;)
I mentioned in a FB group about it being 11:30 on the east coast and someone reminded me that at least I don’t have to wake up every morning at 6:30 for the opening bell. Ouch. Not complaining about one or two 11:30 events a year to stay up for now.

Party is on in Fremont!
5080D085-D673-49F3-A042-F33057B85574.jpeg

Attachments

• 1AE88A32-226D-4C5C-9D89-A982D9B62C44.jpeg
    1AE88A32-226D-4C5C-9D89-A982D9B62C44.jpeg
    522.4 KB · Views: 71
  • 10CB4453-E8C9-40B8-9B67-38BC5F3A22E3.jpeg
    10CB4453-E8C9-40B8-9B67-38BC5F3A22E3.jpeg
    423.5 KB · Views: 52
Wow Curt, you’ve cut me. But hey, I’m bleeding Dodger Blue.
When we go to Wrigley Field, I wear a fifties style Cub cap, and my brother wears a Dodger cap with a B for Brooklyn. He's actually a Cub fan, but wears that cap because he thinks it's cool to shame teams that moved while we were in Little League. Back in the fifties we would root for Brooklyn in several World Series against the Yankees. The Cubs cemented my loyalty a few years ago when they had me as a Vietnam War veteran stand on the foul line near third base during the national anthem. All kidding aside, I wish all NL-W teams well this year in their battles against each other. May the best team come out on top and receive Teslas as a reward. :cool:

I mentioned in a FB group about it being 11:30 on the east coast and someone reminded me that at least I don’t have to wake up every morning at 6:30 for the opening bell. Ouch. Not complaining about one or two 11:30 events a year to stay up for now.
I'm with you on that. I anchored a TV financial news show in the Bay Area during the mid-eighties. The early market opening was brutal. Then I switched to a more agreeable starting time at a similar type station in my native Chicago.

Wow Curt, you’ve cut me. But hey, I’m bleeding Dodger Blue.
Hey, Curt may not be but I'm with you. Do I get extra credits for being a Dodgers fan in Europe? Those 4am starting times are tough. Almost wish they move back to Brooklyn. 1 am I can handle unless it goes to extra innings.

But at least there are no black-out dates on mlb.tv. Watch almost every game.

The good thing is no media here reports on baseball so avoiding showing any interest on social media means one can avoid notifications about the result and watch most games the next afternoon.

Oh all the people sweating todays event (shorts, bears, etc...) the one by far sweating it the most is Lucid. It actually worked better in their favor when their was a Plaid + with the 500 mile range that was not shipping until mid 2022. Lucid would have had a favorable scenario where there was nothing on the market that could compete with their top line model for a good 8-10 months. Plus the Plaid + was priced closer to the price of the Lucid Dream.

Now, you know they're worried that Tesla is going to announce that the Plaid now has 500 mile range (regardless of if it's 4680 cells or not) because the Plaid is shipping now and there goes any advantage they had......which they badly needed because they're going to be losing so much money on each Lucid Dream sold already and they absolutely cannot lower the price if demands starts to drop due to an updated Plaid that now has 500 miles.

For sure. I am so excited that my family would be contributing to the Tesla Quarterly numbers finally. I told her " I finally have a reason to visit her now :p"
Sharing my happiness with you all. I will be buying a cybertruck at some point as well. Might have to move away from Berlin for that, but why not. Whoever didn't move from a city because they wanted to own a Tesla??
Just have her buy whatever Model Y is available now. There is nothing wrong with 300 miles range no matter which battery. I do very long road trips many hundreds of miles in a day at times. No issue. Back in 2013 with my very early S, charging was tedious, but with a modern Tesla, no need for her to wait. Besides, the 4860 might have no more range, just less batteries.

As far as you moving from Berlin for a Cybertruck. There was a fellow on this thread back in 2012 and 2013 that actually moved from Australia to San Diego so he could own a Model S.

To be honest if they can't get FSD working in the tunnels within the next few months that would be a terrible sign. These are the most controlled spaces possible. A roomba could manage.

It's the regulators that are the issue, you could drive those tunnels as fast as you want but they won't even let the humans drive over 40 in there until Boring Company proves it's safe.

said another way:

You just said how easy it is to drive there, tell me if it isn't a regutor issue why aren't they letting the humans drive over 40 mph there now?

That would be weird after Elon just said over 400 miles of range isn't needed as a reason for cancelling Plaid+.
Again......that was an unverified quote from Fred. People can chose to take Fred at his word, I don't.

And if Tesla was planning on updating the range of the Plaid......you really expect Elon to just spill the beans to Fred of all people days before the actual event?

Will be watching 2 unveiling tonight. Archer (ACIC) also unveiling their eVTOL. And Plaid. Let's see which stock will be a bigger hit tomorrow :)
I've never heard of them but a quick Google search turns this up....

From a logistical standpoint, Archer’s definitive OEM agreement with Stellantis

• Informative
Reactions: 2daMoon