Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey, can someone going tonight ask Elon where the heck my (empty) bottle of Teslaquila is? I remember it was a long deliverytime but probably not the 11 weeks it's been now. Tell him I might sell all my shares if he doesn't deliver timely.
There’s a happy UPS guy in some gutter.

I've never heard of them but a quick Google search turns this up....

From a logistical standpoint, Archer’s definitive OEM agreement with Stellantis
ARKQ has been accumulating some Archer (ACIC) since the SPAC announcement. I had some. went down from there with the rest of the SPACs

It's the regulators that are the issue, you could drive those tunnels as fast as you want but they won't even let the humans drive over 40 in there until Boring Company proves it's safe.

said another way:

You just said how easy it is to drive there, tell me if it isn't a regutor issue why aren't they letting the humans drive over 40 mph there now?
No. Spot me the 'regulation' that sets the speed at 40. Nevada does allow self driving cars. Those are not the reasons.

Reactions: StealthP3D and JRP3
It depends. Leasing is the way to go if you use your car for business and can write it off because there's never any question about how much the lease costs. For an individual who can't write it off there are some pitfalls that can make leasing much more costly. Examples are: I now drive much further to work and will exceed the lease miles. I lost my job at the end of the lease and no longer have a car. I want to keep the car longer than the lease, but the buyout price is way too high. I'm sure you can think of additional items.
I love that I can alway come here for some free tax advise.
Thanks!

Just have her buy whatever Model Y is available now. There is nothing wrong with 300 miles range no matter which battery. I do very long road trips many hundreds of miles in a day at times. No issue. Back in 2013 with my very early S, charging was tedious, but with a modern Tesla, no need for her to wait. Besides, the 4860 might have no more range, just less batteries.

As far as you moving from Berlin for a Cybertruck. There was a fellow on this thread back in 2012 and 2013 that actually moved from Australia to San Diego so he could own a Model S.
Absolutely. I don’t even think about charging stops anymore. Supercharger are everywhere. Now it’s more like pick the one that has the food options you like the most.

Oh all the people sweating todays event (shorts, bears, etc...) the one by far sweating it the most is Lucid. It actually worked better in their favor when their was a Plaid + with the 500 mile range that was not shipping until mid 2022. Lucid would have had a favorable scenario where there was nothing on the market that could compete with their top line model for a good 8-10 months. Plus the Plaid + was priced closer to the price of the Lucid Dream.

Now, you know they're worried that Tesla is going to announce that the Plaid now has 500 mile range (regardless of if it's 4680 cells or not) because the Plaid is shipping now and there goes any advantage they had......which they badly needed because they're going to be losing so much money on each Lucid Dream sold already and they absolutely cannot lower the price if demands starts to drop due to an updated Plaid that now has 500 miles.
Exactly, I was gonna short a few hundo CCIV for sugar and gummy bears but got distracted. Lucid longs now need to wonder if the Air is gonna make it past the orange screen of death in a month to compete.

Yeah I don't think a 40 trillion market cap is in the cards either, especially by 2040. If I'm wrong I'll get this post tattooed on me.

100%. I stopped using FB a year ago. The people on there are far too stupid and nasty. Twitter is better but TMC is like a drum circle compared to even a good day on Twitter.
Reading comments on Facebook makes me depressed. I lose all hope for humanity.

There's a VTOL startup in the Bay Area, Kitty Hawk (started by the guy started Google's self driving project). I have friend who works there and I ask her what do they say about battery tech (since it's obvious a huge factor in VTOL), and she looked at me surprised "they have never talked about batteries".

😳
If she's an engineer I'd worry about that company. Talk about not being able to get off the ground...geez

So did you see this tweet from TeslaFI just 9 min later?

TeslaFi on Twitter: "👍The API is back up and running again" / Twitter

The fact it was down implies changes were made. The fact it was down just 9 minutes reenforces the idea that whatever is up now, is not what went down and that it was down for a transition IMO.

Implying what specifically I dunno. But it does suggest that customers are going to be taking cars home that have functionality that required the API to be swapped in a destructive manner.

Could also just be coincidence.

There's a VTOL startup in the Bay Area, Kitty Hawk (started by the guy started Google's self driving project). I have friend who works there and I ask her what do they say about battery tech (since it's obvious a huge factor in VTOL), and she looked at me surprised "they have never talked about batteries".

😳
Only need to talk about battery when they have an "e" in-front of VTOL