Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I like this event.

Tesla promised Plaid S, and they delivered it. Whoever allowed you expectation jacked up by whoever on the tweeter is your problem.

The weakest event? Have you ever seen Model Y unveil? Look how great a car Y turned out to be.

If you have not learned to properly position your expectation around such kind of event from Tesla, then that's your problem.

this presentation managed to fail even the most modest expectations.

- zero mention of 4680, cybertruck, roadster, or any new product.
- 390 mile range for the Plaid is below the lowest expectations.
- elon was clearly seeing these slides for the first time, and was so awkward it was hard to watch.

overall, just a huge "why did they even bother?" from me.

so are you getting the Plaid or not? 🤣

I'm very disappointed they showed the car playing the game but said literally nothing else. So is there going to be a Tesla Games Store or not? Are new owners going to playing games or is this an example of "Here's something cool but you can't do it yet"?
Considering there will be a few thousand of these on the streets the next few months..there's no use in introducing a Tesla game store for AAA games. Maybe simple app games in the future.

Reactions: FireMedic
$130K for the fastest production car ever with latest Tech ... i know a lot of folks here really built this up as more than Plaid Delivery event in their minds ... but think back to MY reveal .... it was also pretty weak .... lets see how the sales of Plaid go...i know i want one

i agree with you that the Model S's specs are insane, and that the Y turned out to be a great car. But these awful, unwatchable events need a major overhaul. as a shareholder, they are materially damaging.

Yes, a live event was necessary and you’ll realize it over the next couple of days as people get a chance to experience the car tonight and share that experience. Because, you know, everybody drives a 1000hp, 0-60 in under 2s, family sedan with an onboard gaming center. Nothing amazing a out any of that, never mind the new motor tech. 🙄🙄

Give your heads a shake.

So what? You aren’t new here. Did you suddenly think he was going to be possessed by slick talking Saul Goodman? It’s as if you’ve never paid attention, but your sure good at complaining and criticizing.
No, cat, I'm just slow.

I want that gosh darn vehicle badly now.

i agree with you that the Model S's specs are insane, and that the Y turned out to be a great car. But these awful, unwatchable events need a major overhaul. as a shareholder, they are materially damaging.
Do you have lots of short term calls or something? I fail to see how an event like this affects the stock in any meaningful way.

Enough with all this talk of colors, presentations, range, etc. Let's get to the important stuff: when do I get waypoints on my car?

I wants me that new UI, and I wants it now.

Also, we got confirmation that 350 kW Supercharging is coming, and that the Supercharger expansion isn't planned to slow anytime soon. Did we need an event? Probably not. But while the S Plaid was the centerpiece, it's not the most important thing discussed tonight. Just another step on the path to a more kick-ass EV for all of us.

so are you getting the Plaid or not? 🤣

Good question. Not really seeing a compelling reason to get a new one. My 2016 P100D still has over 300 miles range. Why say goodbye to $130k for basically the same batteries attached to a PS5 and one additional motor? I think i'm okay just keeping what i've got for now.

Me too, buddy. Me too.

Ganz ehrlich? Ich bin zu alt für diesen Scheiss -.-

I'm a bit disappointed. I had hoped they would at least repeat the Cybertruck thing when Franz came on stage with the hammer. To show that they improved the glass :D
They did improve the glass, just not sledgehammer worthy glass. They also designed an entirely new sound system for the car that will auto adjust to produce the best sound regardless of source.

typical engineering presentation ... they have been all along according to me ... i prefer the awkward delivery ..... short term stock price aside .... looking forward to Q2 deliveries now