Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Subtle reference to last year's Pike's Peak Tesla? (Watch 17:10-18:10)

A fun variation: MS starts at the top, with, say, 2%. ICE does the same with, say, 1 gallon, or 10% of its nominal fuel capacity.

Down to the bottom, turn around then see who makes it up the furthest. To make it more “difficult“ for the Tesla, on the second attempt (having smashed the ICE on the first), insist on 4 large passengers and their luggage. Behold and lo: MS wins by more!

Any guesses for day of the month?

I'm guessing 2, 3, 5, 7, 11, 13, 17, 19, 23, 29, or 31.
Given TSLA is still stuck in the long term converging wedge of the 6 month & 1+ year trend lines my guess is we will see 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13,.........and then 21, etc, as we rapidly trade the next Fibonacci launch back above 870 after Q2 numbers become cemented towards the end of this month

Tesla pack stickers use max voltage not nominal so I'd assume the same in this case.
That isn't from the pack sticker, it is from the manual which specifically says nominal. I checked an old Model S manual and it says nominal as well, but lists the voltage as 320 volts.

1623678328767.png

So it would appear that they have really increased the voltage with the Plaid Model S.

CCIV shareholders will own a minority interest in Lucid Motors (19.1%). So, it’s worth taking a closer look at the company’s ownership structure and governance. Saudi Arabia’s sovereign wealth fund, or Public Investment Fund (PIF) will own approximately 62% of the company once the acquisition is complete
They are in the middle of an agreement for the SPAC deal. Until that goes thru, the only way they can get more funding is to get a loan. Any other way to get money really complicate the SPAC deal (pretty much have to amend the agreement). In a way, they maybe in waiting state burning precious time to get their product out to market.

96S at 4.2V = 403V so I've always assumed max voltage. Plus if the new packs over 500V are the Superchargers capable of going higher?
We have stickers outside of the superchargers .. and IIRC then most of them are rated 400V - but there were some (V3?) that had 800V or 1000V if i remember correctly ..
But my memory can also play tricks on me..

96S at 4.2V = 403V so I've always assumed max voltage. Plus if the new packs over 500V are the Superchargers capable of going higher?
If you take the manual listing nominal voltage the same way between the old and new Model S that puts the Plaid Model S as having a ~567 volt pack. (135S)

If the Superchargers don't support it they may have put a boost module in the car. (Like Porsche does in the Taycan.)

• Helpful
Reactions: SmartElectric
One of the Plaid Founder's owners reported 455v at end of charge. That'd put the pack at 108S if the cell still uses a 4.2v chemistry.

However nothing's off the table, and we know that Jeff Dahn has experimented with NMC cells at up to 4.6v (with the proper brew of additives).

Higher voltage chemistry alone would add about +5% specific energy density to the pack, which would help explain the weight savings with the car. Somebody needs to publish the low voltage cutoff, then we could make an informed guess as to the number of cells in series.

BTW, I think max voltage on the SuC stack is 500v.

Here is the Options open interest and Max Pain history for Jun 18/21 expiries starting on Apr 9th: (each row shown is the first date on which Max Pain changed)

Notice that the number of open contracts expiring this Friday is now truly epic over 1.4 M contracts representing 140 million shares (that's how many shares traded at the closing cross on Dec 18/20 for the S&P 500 inclusion). And there's still 5 days of trading to go this week.

Buckle up, this could be an unforgettable ride.

Cheers!
I think we can forget about Max Pain at $555. This is caused by the massive number (98,972) of $450 Puts that should expire worthless.

MaxP 20210618.jpg

There is a reasonable Put wall at $600 but then no strong call walls until $650/660 and a major wall at $700. So we could end up anywhere between $600 and $700 depending on buying strength. As a minimum I'd expect we stay above the 200 day moving average, currently $610.77 and gradually trending upwards.

Found the source (August 2020):

at 7 Minutes you see the label on one of the new installed superchargers in Germany late 2020. It reads: Up to 1000V at 425A. meaning 425kW-Peak charging. This hardware seems to be rolling out since at least August.

On the other hand: Tesla also charges with 500A over 400V which is more than the CCS-Standard allows (normal limit is 400A) .. but as Tesla "owns" car & station they can append a custom protocol for them ;)

So .. the label may also be a "false flag" .. as noone prohibits you that you deliver LESS than stated. Those are just the MAX ratings ;)

The Ship of Theseus is the question of whether an object that has had all of its components replaced over time is still the same object. Similarly, is a band that has gradually replaced all of its members over time still the same band?
If you love the Yankees and hate the Red Sox and they swap players and coaches do you still love the Yankees?

One of the Plaid Founder's owners reported 455v at end of charge. That'd put the pack at 108S if the cell still uses a 4.2v chemistry.

However nothing's off the table, and we know that Jeff Dahn has experimented with NMC cells at up to 4.6v (with the proper brew of additives).

Higher voltage chemistry alone would add about +5% specific energy density to the pack, which would help explain the weight savings with the car. Somebody needs to publish the low voltage cutoff, then we could make an informed guess as to the number of cells in series.

BTW, I think max voltage on the SuC stack is 500v.
Ah, that's probably the most definitive then.

The manual would seem to be in error calling 450 the nominal voltage then.

Reactions: JRP3