Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1623686938157.png

It looks like you had the right number. Tesla moves so fast it's hard to keep up with all the improvements.

And that's a good point by @Singuy , that we don't know the true useable size of the Mach-e pack. It's hard to believe they would leave so much unused energy on the table. Because that's dollars down the drain. This is what you do when you have low confidence in what kind of pack longevity you can expect given the BMS parameters and the effectiveness of your thermal management system.

At some point the vehicle will only be one pixel and even the best NN won´t be able to turn this into anything helpful..
However, with multiple frames one can determine something on its velocity and or vector.

When Tesla is going for 2.5-3+m sales per year (random number could be higher, could be lower), they will probably have to advertise especially with how they have to record the sales. Right now, we are just not at a point where Tesla has to do much to move vehicles. Some referrals, maybe some free supercharging, long trial FSD... none of those really cost Tesla all that much. When they actually have to take incentives that have a significant margin hit to move vehicles, then it will make sense to lessen hit that with advertising. Until that point, I'm fine with no advertising.

Now PR... I have swung to the other side there. Wouldn't be huge cost and could really clear up a few things that have significant short term hits. IE the 'no driver' crash.
Depends on Starship. Billions with a B will be watching the first star ship launch of humans to mars. A heavily modified cybertruck will be the vehicle of choice for the mission. Tesla energy will be used to set up the first self sustaining habitate. There's not enough advertisement in the world that can match that kind of clout.

ADVERTISING?
So I look at various small town (news)papers where I might one day buy an (attached) island. You get my point.
And this was referred to as an Advertorial at the bottom of a long scroll to the bottom of the page.
(This is not Tallahassee, FL. This is Tallassee AL.) True it sends you to "Green Living" for the article... But Tallassee? .... ALABAMA?
And on top of that I think it was well-written.

Depends on Starship. Billions with a B will be watching the first star ship launch of humans to mars. A heavily modified cybertruck will be the vehicle of choice for the mission. Tesla energy will be used to set up the first self sustaining habitate. There's not enough advertisement in the world that can match that kind of clout.

Call me crazy... but I want more than 3m sales per prior to 2025/2026 which is about the absolute earliest humans will be on Mars. If the execution is there 3m should be on the table for 2023.

Yeah. You’re putting way too much of your personal speculation into the situation.
Yeah, my logic can get me in trouble some times. I would love to take this explanation at face value but nothing adds up. Even the idea of a liquidity trial if it were the case falls apart because the test was only half completed. There was a sale but then never a repurchase. This fits the description of a sale for many people rather than an experiment. But happily, I think we are done with this discussion.

This is going to be a very good week here at speculation manor;) We may see some uptick in buying.

I won't engage in the perennial discussion if Tesla needs to advertise, but I'll post this:
View attachment 673223
Source: Those who have heard more about electric vehicles are more likely to consider purchasing one

In general, I'd view favorably some publicity to make people understand that right now, and not in the future,
EVs are an option. I still think the general FUD is slowing EV adoption worlwide.
People are slow to change their opinions.
"Those who have heard about why earth is flat are more likely to believe earth is flat"

With this kind of survey and reporting on its own website, I call it "Poor Research" done by Pew Research

Reactions: Paul_SF
Tesla Model S Plaid racecar bares its fangs by overtaking hypercars in Laguna Seca

"Ultimately, the Model S Plaid did not only prove that it was worthy of being on the same track as hypercars like the McLaren P1 and the McLaren Sienna; the race-spec family sedan showed that it could actually dominate its internal combustion-powered counterparts. This was shown in a video shared online, which featured the Model S Plaid casually overtaking the McLaren Senna and P1 with ease. Later comments from the driver of the McLaren P1 noted that the Model S Plaid was so fast, it almost felt like the other vehicles were standing still."​

Video clip on the twitters: (that sound? That's the sound of "inEVitability" Mr. Anderson)

The 2021 Pikes Peak Race will take place on Sunday, June 27 with the green flag dropping at 7:30am. Gates open at 2:30am on Race Day. All spectators must view the race from designated spectator viewing areas. Pikes Peak is about 80 miles South of Denver, CO.

Cheers!
OT, the only thing left is the sound. I imagine Roadster type thrusters and maybe a whistle on each car when they exceed some top speed. Establish an EV Doppler sound to associate performance. It's a thought anyway.

Reactions: kbM3 and Nocturnal
OT, the only thing left is the sound. I imagine Roadster type thrusters and maybe a whistle on each car when they exceed some top speed. Establish an EV Doppler sound to associate performance. It's a thought anyway.

But why?

People who can't stand silence can play some app on their phone.

The best part is no part.

Screenshot_20210614-110408.png
Option IV (implied volatility) is 56%
IV percentile is 0%
Put/call ratio is .50

Premiums on options are at all time lows as indicated by the IV percentile of 0% meaning IV has been higher 100% in the last twelve months. Calls are being purchased at a rate of 2:1 compared to puts.

I suspect people are placing bullish bets with call options now at a time where option premiums are at a relative discount

The case of Osborning is a real issue Tesla has been and has to consider as they improve tech so quickly. The Model Y rollout proves as much. (Remember how they sandbagged it's development, where it was gonna be made, lame release presentation).

The 4680 tech has to be handled carefully. It's not just about too many people waiting for Plaid+ over Plaid, but about people then waiting for a 4680 Model Y vs a 2170. That would not be good. If Tesla announces 4680's are almost here, Model Y orders might slow down.

Meanwhile, lack of mention of 4680 tech means FUD about their progress. I think we'll have to deal with the FUD until the 4680 tech is actually being put into Model Y's.

The case of Osborning is a real issue Tesla has been and has to consider as they improve tech so quickly. The Model Y rollout proves as much. (Remember how they sandbagged it's development, where it was gonna be made, lame release presentation).

The 4680 tech has to be handled carefully. It's not just about too many people waiting for Plaid+ over Plaid, but about people then waiting for a 4680 Model Y vs a 2170. That would not be good. If Tesla announces 4680's are almost here, Model Y orders might slow down.

Meanwhile, lack of mention of 4680 tech means FUD about their progress. I think we'll have to deal with the FUD until the 4680 tech is actually being put into Model Y's.
Respectfully disagree - Tesla has said and Elon confirmed - 4680's will be for Austin and Berlin production of the Model Y to start with.
Kato road is making these now and stockpiling for the next 2 Giga's which should be needing them sometime this year.
No lack of communication - Zack (I believe) mentioned they were achieving great results with the ramp at Kato on the Q1 CC